Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seal release on Sunday in Mullaghmore

Options
  • 10-10-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Just letting people know. There was one on Sunday in Strandhill, it was great. The seals are lovely are it was good to see them up close.
    Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157602301554846/

The one on Sunday is at the beach in Mullaghmore at around 2.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Were they stranded originally or reared in captivity and then released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

They always come in towards my dog in Cullinamore (sp?) when he's in the water swimming!
    He's black in colour and they get curious!

Funny stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

muffler wrote:
    Were they stranded originally or reared in captivity and then released?

They were stranded originally so they were rescued by the sanctuary and then when they were ready to be released they bought them back to near where they were found.

Gillie wrote:
    They always come in towards my dog in Cullinamore (sp?) when he's in the water swimming!
    He's black in colour and they get curious!

Funny stuff!

Thats cool! I've tried to get pics of them in Culleenamore but they are always too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I never have a camera with me when it happens.

TBH they get pretty close to him! He doesn't even notice them!

• Advertisement

Maybe he needs glasses?:D They look lovely but smell awful (the seals that is!)

Advertisement