Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demo's Demo's Demo's

• 10-10-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

So I downloaded a few demos from live.

Conan, that first cutscene is atrocias, I was about to turn it off, then it starts, its not bad for a big button basher, I was enjoying it by the end, far too short, then another terrible cut scene. If its cheap I might get it when its out.

Simpsons, well it was nice cartoony graphics as expected, I thought it was bit hard to exactly control the characters, didn't bother finishing it. Won't be getting it so.

PGR4, my god the graphics are jaggy (I may have that AA problem they've been talking about on the xbox forums), really like that prodigy track, I've played a good bit of forza and love it so this feels waay too arcade'y (its not even a word), didn't really think it was enough better than PGR3 to get it. Damn I was really looking forward to this one :(

Puzzle Quest trial (XBLA), initially I was like 'wtf' but its not bad, I might just buy this one but its bloody 1200 points!

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

You've been busy! I only tired PGR4. I've not played 3, so figured I'd get more out of this if I picked it up. I'm not sold yet. Where does it shine? Online? If it €35 on playasia... maybe.

I don't think I could bother even dl'ing the others. Tried the demo of Jericho, loved the concept but was bored quickly by it.

8 days to 360 Orange Box!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

grizzly wrote:
    You've been busy! I only tired PGR4. I've not played 3, so figured I'd get more out of this if I picked it up. I'm not sold yet. Where does it shine? Online? If it €35 on playasia... maybe.
    I've only played a couple of hours so far, but SP is fantastic and overall it just feels more like a more polished game than PGR3 was... Online in PGR3 was great, so I'd say this will be no exception.
    For less than €40 delivered you can't really go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

FEAR extraction point demo is now also available, only 560mb its nice and small compared to PGR4. Played it for a while, seems much the same as the original FEAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

PGR4 - Seems like Ive waited ages for this?

Mmm okay, loads of fuss about the last one which admittedly took time to grow on me but was great - first impressions of this is , it looks triffic but handles very strangely , its very, well.... jittery is the best way I can describe it .

Clive Barkers Jerico - Ya can keep it Clive, stick to books.

Kinda Gimmciky FPS. Note to codemasters - please go play any other FPS shooter ....any of them released in the last two years, then try again. Not sure if its cause I was tired or what but I have developed an irrational and intense dislike to this game... it looks **** , plays **** , I hope the whole team of developers get some kinda blinding pox for a month as punishment.

Sega Rally - More like Sega Shoppin Trolley

Seemed much more fun down the bowler chuckin twenty pence pieces into this yoke back in the day. Now the rocket propelled shoppin trolley just seems a bit crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Trev M wrote: »
    PGR4 - Seems like Ive waited ages for this?

Clive Barkers Jerico - Ya can keep it Clive, stick to books.

Sega Rally - More like Sega Shoppin Trolley

Ooh, harshness! ;)

PGR4 is pretty good, better than boring Forza anyway.

Jericho does have a strange style to it but i reckon it could be decent.

Agreed on Sega Rally though, looks nice but plays like a game that should be resident in the natural history museum, not priced at 70 quid either!

I bought Conan as well, it is a poor mans God Of War but what the hell, fun anyway and it has well rendered boobs in it! :)

P.S I'm not 12 by the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I tried the Virtua Fighter 5 demo on Live and its a very good demo with 4 fighters available on 3 stages, what surprised me the most is that the graphics are definitely cleaner/nicer looking than the ps3 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ooh, harshness! ;)
    it has well rendered boobs in it! :)

Boobs eh?

Sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Conan is great fun. Very surprised by it.

And as mentioned, there's are boobs and an achievment for finding all boobs (or the ladies attached to them...)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yeah, despite the atrocious cut-scenes Conan is a good laugh to play. I wouldn't pay full whack for it though!

Yeah, despite the atrocious cut-scenes Conan is a good laugh to play. I wouldn't pay full whack for it though!

I did, 70 quid! it's not for rent in xtravision so i didn't have much choice. The ballbags!

• Advertisement

I got a couple of lols out of Conan's cutscenes ("how about I service you":p)
    The game itself feels horribly clunky to play, but perhaps that's because I've started playing Ninja Gaiden Black recently...
    Not a patch on God of War imo, somehow doubt I'll be getting the full game.

Shame that there's still no Skate demo, I ended up just buying the damn thing. (at €62 it was the most expensive 360 game that I've bought so far!:o)

tman wrote: »
    The game itself feels horribly clunky to play

It is at first but when you've acquired a few new moves it becomes more flowing, lot's of arms and heads and streams of blood everywhere! The dialogue is piss funny though, and when you die it says stuff like "Maidens lament your passing" and something about questioning your virility! as if!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

The simpsons demo was frustrating imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I agree - the Simpsons demo was ridiculously frustrating. I spent ages hammering buttons and trying to catch up with Lard Lad and eventually beat the git, only to be told I should have finished the level in 4 minutes. Grrr.
    - The graphics are very good and look cartoony, but it plays crap. I'll be avoiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The new FEAR demo did seem a lot like the original. I'm not sure if I'll be forking out for more of the same. C&C demo was good, I was kind of curious to see how they'd do it on a console.

The simpsons demo was frustrating imo
    I agree - the Simpsons demo was ridiculously frustrating. I spent ages hammering buttons and trying to catch up with Lard Lad and eventually beat the git,

Ya both suck then! :D I found it quite easy really, (not in 4 mins though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Simpsons - Found it quite funny. I'm sure if I finished it in 4 minutes I would have liked it more, but like a couple of others here it took me 20 and the gags were repeating themselves by then. I'll pass.

PGR4 - Prodigy track is great! Game is PGR3 with about the same level of tweaks that FIFA/PES get each year. Oh and bikes and a bit better graphics. Sold!

Jericho - Demo was bleh. Why was there no health bar? It made you just feel invincible. I took loads of hits and presumably was close to death but there was no real way to tell. But I trust you Clive. Pick it up 2nd hand.

F.E.A.R. Files - Demo was good. Played through Extraction Point on PC already. While plot didn't quite make sense it was scary as hell. Different atmosphere to 1st one though. Kind of like the difference between Blair Witch 1&2 or Saw 1&2. Shocks were IN YOUR FACE!!! So you can't miss them. If Perseus Mandate is of decent length I'll pick it up 2nd hand as the F.E.A.R. games are amazing.

Conan - Quite OTT and ridiculous! If it was 20e I'd pick it up for the craic! It's like a B-movie but in game form. Limbs and boobs flying everywhere. Here's hoping there's a move in the full game to hack a slice of boob! :D Too far?

Sega Rally - Really took me back in time but in a kinda good way. I only played the original in the arcades and although this was the same it was fun. It's missing spectacular crashes though, otherwise I'd pick it up. Bring the Burnout!

......to hack a slice of boob! :D Too far?

LOL :D:D:D you're twisted dude!

I thought the orchestral music that built up towards the end of the F.E.A.R demo was class, very atmospheric!

LOL :D:D:D you're twisted dude!

You could make a collection - think of the achievements! It'd be like this (possibly NSFW) Boob_Room

Ha, i think it'd be better saved for a Jack The Ripper game! 3rd person prostitute slaying action adventure! he could have a comedy sidekick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ha, i think it'd be better saved for a Jack The Ripper game! 3rd person prostitute slaying action adventure! he could have a comedy sidekick!

Oh dear Mountain Lips, thats in the public domain now.

How sorry are you going to be when Rockstar bring out a Ripper esque game that you didn't copyright it!

And you know they will

Good point, patent pending!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Played the VF5 demo today.
    Looks nice but not a patch on DOA in my opinion.
    There was no explosiveness like you get with DOA.
    Was looking for a replacement for DOA cause I traded it in, won't be this though :(

lafors wrote: »
    Played the VF5 demo today.
    Looks nice but not a patch on DOA in my opinion.
    There was no explosiveness like you get with DOA.
    Was looking for a replacement for DOA cause I traded it in, won't be this though :(
    Never mind explosiveness, does it have jiggly boobs???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

tman wrote: »
    Never mind explosiveness, does it have jiggly boobs???

No don't think it did, I think you'll have to stick it to the girls in conan.

lafors wrote: »
    No don't think it did, I think you'll have to stick it to the girls in conan.

Bow chicka wow wow! (RedvBlue style NOT Lynx style ;))

Advertisement