Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and games

Options
  • 10-10-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

To all game maniacs( Quake, CS, Unreal, ET )

I have ntl 6mb, download rate is usualy nice.. but:

Any idea how can i improve my pings?? When im playing in the morning pings in Germany, Holland are around 30ms which is OK, in the afternoon everything goes up and i have 50ms+ its really annoying... Do you have same problem? I checked my PC, have no viruses etc..

pls assist

Bart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah same for me, I used to ping about 130-150ms to America , now I am pinging 200ms consistantly, I really hate the way NTL keep messing with their routing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Im in Leixlip and considering changing from Eircom 3 meg to NTL 6meg ....I get FREEZES (due to 'packet loss'(?) yet with little or no ping increase)which get me kicked from game servers .I dont think a minor ping increase is a problem.Do you have these kind of problems with NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No there is not really any packet loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bartas00

no pl at all, just ping differences... between morning and afternoon... sick and really annoying..

and tbh we cant change it :|

Advertisement