Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that the wispa is back what else would you like to see back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MooseJam wrote: »
    are starbars still available, haven't seen one in a long time
    Yep, but they are called Peanut Moro now.

Red packaging, with MORO in yellow, and the words "Formerly Starbar" across the top of it.

I had one today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Faith wrote: »
    I just found a wonderful website! You can order all sorts of chocolate from it, including Cherry Ripes and Top Decks!

Incidentally, you're right, Des, there's only two colours.

what a class website! All i can say is my credit card is going to take a hammering over the next few days as well as my waistline!

what a class website! All i can say is my credit card is going to take a hammering over the next few days as well as my waistline!
    I got am email saying my stuff had been shipped, but I don't know how long it's going to take.

I'll post again when my stuff arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dip Dabs, first introduced to them many years ago when they were free with the Beano.

dip-dabs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

cazzy wrote: »
    Now that the wispa is back what else would you like to see back ?

Hanging........................................Failing that, anything from this place....

http://www.keepitsweet.co.uk/catalog/index.php/cPath/48

I can almost feel my teeth eroding away just looking at these (but don't care......mmmmm 80's sweets)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

mario ice creams, now THERE's a trip down memory lane...

Anyway, smiley's for the win... orange awesomeness in a 10p bar..

I got my Cherry Ripe Bars today.

It must have been fate, because I was in Boots in the Jervis Centre today, and bought a couple of bottles of Cherry Coke.

An evening of Cherry Goodness tonight for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Now that the wispa is back what else would you like to see back ?

Freeky foot and the red chilly willies Id like. Dont know why they got rid of them. (And Im not trying to be rude with the chilly wllies - they were only 12p and they were lovely)

Mars had a limited edition black chocolate mars bar that was lovely

roy of the rover bars mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Faith wrote: »
    Top Decks.

Mario ice creams were great!

You can still get Top Deck in South Africa. There's a South African shop near Liffey Street in Dublin. You can get them there... along with other yummy things like fizzy grenedilla drinks and biltong (if you're in to that!). I had top deck a few weeks ago. It was just as I remembered!

I vote vice versas.... Bring them back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Secret

I loved this chocolate bar, but I don't think it was around for very long. For years I thought I was crazy because anyone I mentioned them to had never heard of them... but then I finally found someone else who knew what I was talking about :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've heard of them, but I can't remember them...
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Secret was a chocolate bar that was manufactured by Rowntree (now part of Nestle) in the 1980s and 90s. It consisted of a bird's nest-styled chocolate coating with a creamy mousse centre similar to the filling of a Walnut Whip. It was packaged in a white protective card sleeve and was encased a gold-coloured wrapper with the product's name printed on it in purple.

A television advert for the product, first shown in 1990, featured an elegant lady sat on a train eating a Secret bar "in secret", accompanied by the song Have You Seen Her by the Chi-Lites.

The Secret Chocolate Bar was discontinued in the early 1990s due to high production costs and low volume of sales.

It still isn't ringing a bell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Vice Versas and Fat Frogs. BRING BACK THE FAT FROGS!

(People keep telling me they have brought them back already, but I haven't seen a single one anywhere)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ruu wrote: »
    Dip Dabs, first introduced to them many years ago when they were free with the Beano.

They are still about.....Love the stuff!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Vice Versas and Fat Frogs. BRING BACK THE FAT FROGS!

(People keep telling me they have brought them back already, but I haven't seen a single one anywhere)....

I'd love some Vice Versas again, they were yum!!

I didn't even realise that Fat Frogs were discontinued...when did that happen???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

woodchuck wrote: »
    Secret

I loved this chocolate bar, but I don't think it was around for very long. For years I thought I was crazy because anyone I mentioned them to had never heard of them... but then I finally found someone else who knew what I was talking about :D
    i remember them. yeeears ago, i was in primary school. and very nice they were too.

Fat frogs are eewwww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

i remember them. yeeears ago, i was in primary school. and very nice they were too.

Fat frogs are eewwww.

Are Fat Frogs Taz Bars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

I used love the chewy cola bottles that were 1p each.

All I see now are the soft ones....doesnt even compare.

Anyone know what Im on about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Nut feast cereal. It was out years ago in a type of light green box. Anyone remember it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

yeah-boy wrote: »
    Are Fat Frogs Taz Bars?

No, Fat Frogs were a toxic-looking apple flavoured ice-pop, shaped like a frog. Taz bars are still around, just known as Caramel Freddos. They're small chocolate bars filled with caramel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Sky Ice Cream Bars

Casper Ice Lollys

Pokemon Breakfast Cereal

Vice Versas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Texan Bars for me!
    2177.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Fruit loops cereal that you can get in usa is great
    and fruit loops breakfast bars

and lucky charms cereal - you could get that over here - they had little sweets in them. Yummm. (I know there are not sweets but they were as cose as you could get in your breakfast)

You can get Lucky C's in Fallon and Byrne in Dublin, their about €10 a box tho. :)

I agree with Faith, bring back Vice Versas!

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Vanilla Coke , Loved it

Tab Clear ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gustavo wrote: »
    Vanilla Coke , Loved it

Agreed, delicously delicous.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Cadbury's Strollers
    They were chocolate covered raisins, caramel and biscuit. They were out in the late 80s/early 90s and the ad on TV had the music of Wonderful Life by Black

Pyramint
    Vague memories of this at the end of the 80s. It was a sickeningly tasty pyramid of dark chocolate filled with minty goo. Bit like the stuff inside the Mintola/Mint Munchies/After Eight sweets or whatever theyre called now. Im not sure who made it, Im guessing it was Nestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

RadioCity wrote: »
    Cadbury's Strollers
    They were chocolate covered raisins, caramel and biscuit. They were out in the late 80s/early 90s and the ad on TV had the music of Wonderful Life by Black
    I loved these!! Really wish they'd bring these back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

yeah-boy wrote: »
    Are Fat Frogs Taz Bars?

I think your thinking of "Freddo's" same thing as a taz bar with a frog on the packaging. Still available AFAIK.
    -- Edit -- Beaten to it.

Vice Versa here too. I'd love to get my hands on them again.

Ah yeah, Strollers ftw. Wasn't there a completely chocolate one in there aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

does anyone remember them coloured popcorn kings use to make!! love to see them back!!

fizzle sticks!! fat frogs!!

Advertisement