Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

completekitchens.ie???

Options
  • 10-10-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, i got a quote of a new kitchen from a kitchen guy from Laoise last week for €8000 for an oak kitchen, including solid oak frame and doors.

then i found this website - www.completekitchens.ie and filled in the form for them to contact me, which they did.

they quoted me €6400, for apparently the same kitchen. this is where the problem arises:

1.they have no premises for me to see what type of kitchens they are selling.
    2.they are apparently in between both offices and showrooms so i cant see where they operate from.
    3.they asked to be paid in full up front for a €400 discount.
    4.how do i know who these people are and that they are not going to just run off with my money?
    5.they want me to pick a style of kitchen from a brochure....with no door samples?

has anyone heard of this place before or had any experience dealing with them????

they could be genuine but i would appreciate some help on this...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

smythy wrote:
    Hi, i got a quote of a new kitchen from a kitchen guy from Laoise last week for €8000 for an oak kitchen, including solid oak frame and doors.

then i found this website - www.completekitchens.ie and filled in the form for them to contact me, which they did.

they quoted me €6400, for apparently the same kitchen. this is where the problem arises:

1.they have no premises for me to see what type of kitchens they are selling.
    2.they are apparently in between both offices and showrooms so i cant see where they operate from.
    3.they asked to be paid in full up front for a €400 discount.
    4.how do i know who these people are and that they are not going to just run off with my money?
    5.they want me to pick a style of kitchen from a brochure....with no door samples?

has anyone heard of this place before or had any experience dealing with them????

they could be genuine but i would appreciate some help on this...thanks

the moment I heard that they have no premises and are 'apparently' in between offices i am thinking run run run!

Seriously though, I have never heard of them so I am only going on gut instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smythy

cheers run forrest run, i read through the web site and there are grammatical errors all over the place and the english is terrible as if a non english speaker wrote it!

i think ill avoid them. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hotstuff2

they sound well dodgy. I got my kitchen from cashandcarrykitchens.ie and found them to be brilliant and way cheaper than other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Yeah, no VAT number, no sale! There are plenty of Kitchen places around so you have no need to look at this crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

smythy wrote: »
    cheers run forrest run, i read through the web site and there are grammatical errors all over the place and the english is terrible as if a non english speaker wrote it!

i think ill avoid them. thanks

well spotted, it always amuses me to see these fancy websites pretending to be totally professional only to let themselves down by brutal spelling and grammar...obviously some non-English speaking scam head needs to get some lessons before they try to rip us off.

If you really want to see absolute cowboys at work take a look at this pathetic website!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"you can be sure that Space Kitchens will have a kitchen design to suit you."

HUH, I thought they are Complete Kitchens

Did they rip it off
    http://www.spacekitchens.co.uk/about_space_kitchens.html
    or these?

http://www.spacekitchens.net/

Hard one to figure out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

smythy wrote: »
    Oh, I don't know ... you'll see far worse examples of mangled English on boards.ie from people who do claim English as their mother tongue :)

Still looks dodgy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ftfrgrlnxtdr

hi, thought i would let you know that i just got a kitchen from valu kitchens. they have offices in cavan and navan not sure where else. the frames are not solid but are oak colour. the doors are solid oak and lovely. i had the end pieces and board for the breakfast counter made up in solid oak by a joiners yard for next to nothing. the whole kitchen cost me e2000 excluding worktops. i am getting granite. i think it is lovely and have put it into a 6 bedroom house we have just purchased. my best friend also put one of their solid wood kitchens into their new large home
    worth a look as alot of the very expensive kitchen companies have the EXACT same oak kitchen that i got for as much as 4 times the price.
    best of luck
    ps: i used left over solid oak flooring to make the kickboards around the bottom instead of using the laminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smythy

cheers for the help guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

Not all kitchen companies without showrooms are scammers. When we looked at a new kitchen we had a few different guys came out to us with brochures, door samples and designs of what they can do and thought they were very professional. They also offered references of previous work they completed, which we checked out.

They all gave the same answer for not having a showroom and that is to keep their overheads low otherwise they will have to charge their customers more for the kitchens.

There was a thread in Consumer Issues regarding a Dublin based company recently with a showroom that did some awfull work for the OP so not to say if you have a showroom you will do a good job.

To be asked for full payment up front is a bit dodgy and I'd be reluctant to do that but you can always check out if these companies are registered for VAT on CRO or Solocheck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement