Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of an odd one

Options
  • 11-10-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Morning guys,

I have a 'decorative project' under way and I need a couple of empty cardboard boxes, one of 9mm ammo and one of 4.6mm, to complete the project

E.g.
    rem_56280.jpg
    (Note that brand/looks etc. unimportant)

'Thought this may be the right Forum to ask, and will of course gladly Paypal/Postal Order/whatever to cover any fees/costs.

Mods, I'm assuming this is OK as I'm after a couple of empty cardboard boxes, but of course feel free to lock/delete if there is any legislation I'm not aware of, under which this request would be a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

9mm should be easy, but I'd say you'll have to talk really nicely to the ERU, ARW or the UK MOD Police for a 4.6mm box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

people might be a little paranoid to send empty ammo boxes to somewhon (yes, even though they are empty!), but if you dont have any luck, im sure the lads here will put you onto a target range where you might get a little extra joy.

i dont shoot with either of these bullet sizes so sorry i cant help you mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

best thing to do i think is print the label and stick it on another ammo box... if it's just for a laugh... i mean like for the office gag thing on the link...
    just wonderin tho...the mp7 ammo, why so specific?

as above, you're gonna have to know someone that works in those circles, and even then i doubt they would hang onto the ammo boxes..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Thx for the replies.

@ revan23 - it's not "like the Office Gag in the linky": the Office frame in the linky is what I'm doing (I'm the OP for the linkie'd thread as well ;)).

The idea behind real boxes was that added bit of authenticity - but you are right, it's just for the laugh and I can fully understand people feeling antsy about shipping empty ammo boxes + never thought of simply printing out of labels and sticking those on boxes. Moreover, logistically, it's just simpler.

So much thx for the suggestion, thx again for reading & posting & Mods, feel free to lock thread now :)

Advertisement