Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plateau

• 11-10-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

So I seem to have reached a plateau with my running...My usual 10k loop time has imporved substantially in the last 10months, from 46mins now down to 40ish...Problem is im stuck at that time now, there just doesnt seem to be anything left to push me under 39 mins...

I have not done much interval/Fartlek or hills - I assume these will be the key to getting that time down a bit?

Any sugesstions on how to best to start interval/hill training , at the moment im running three times a week, Monday- 10 k mderate pace Wednesday - 10k Fast..Friday 15k - easy

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Hi there

yeah you have hit the nail on the head regarding interval training, having said that maybe you should only time yourself once every 2/3 weeks and increase one of your runs slightly the weeks you aren't timing yourself, i.e extra distance.

Maybe you should aim for a race instead of racing in training !
    It's kind of hard to give advice unless you have something definitive to target.

I know this is no help at all but best of luck

Advertisement