Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best router for Xbox 360 live

Options
  • 11-10-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Can anybody recommend a good wireless router - compatible for xbox 360 live

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

Although, I'd say pretty much any wireless router would be ok so long as you have a pc to access it's configuration page. I'm using a zyxel prestige 660HW-D1 which works fine wired, I don't have a wireless adapter to check the wireless, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

I had a 3Com OfficeConnect Pro and it is NOT compatible with the 360, or at least there hasn't been a firmware upgrade to fix the issue as yet. I switched to a Linksys and it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cowenstaff

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I use a Linksys WRT54GS and its been perfect for Xbox Live since the day I've got it.

I use it plugged into the router to start with but now I go through Internet Connection Sharing on my laptop as I've not had time to get the wireless card and I've moved my 360 upstairs so too far away from the router for wired connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Any of the ones on hear. I have the Netgear one myself and have had no problems with it what soever. I always get a "NAT open" too whenevr i test the LIVE connection.http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=ADSL%20Customer%20Recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SneakyRob

My brother uses that Netgear and was easy enough to set up.

The Eircom Wireless routers (Netopia) are pretty easy also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sdbyrne

I've just replaced my Eircom Netopia box with a brand new Linksys WAG325N home gateway and this is indeed a nice bit of kit however now I have a problem with my xBox 360 failing to get an IP address assigned on wireless. I've assigned a static IP and still no luck as the xBox 360 still fails to pass the xBox Live tests. The WAG353N is running firmware 1.00.08 which from research appears to have a problem with the xbox. Wondering if anyone has seen this problem and if so is there a fix.
    Thanks

That Belkin looks a lot like the one we had. I'd avoid it like the plague. I'm convinced ours had over heating problems and it was sitting by a window.

Linksys WRT54G or GS model.

Great router and the WRT54G should be cheap enough at this stage as it was out ages ago. I think Argo's have them, they had them at one point anyway.

double post

Advertisement