Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade complete / missing images

Options
  • 11-10-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all -

It went pretty well - thanks to everyone for your patience, to regi for kicking things off, to me for surviving the panics of having a half-installed, frankenstein boards somewhere mid-vB upgrade, and to whoever built our nice new fast DB server ;)

There are images missing if you use a custom skin - this is because vB 3.6 has new images that aren't in our custom skins yet - but we'll fill those in in the next few days.

For now, enjoy!

John.
    --
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hurrah, site seems to be running noticably faster and the new quote options are a welcome addition!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Exxxceeeeellllllllllllent work!

Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Woopee, the find more posts option is back.
    Well done on the upgrade

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I use the cloud skin and some of the images aren't there but there are links so it's grand. Good job lads. Ye deserve a rest after all that hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

good job cloud and the gang and my power went today anyway so that means i didnt miss a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Were there any camera's floating around to capture the upgrade moments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Wow!

Excellent job guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good job John.. the site flies. And loads of nice new features - infraction and multi-quote (etc) being the two main ones to hit me so far.

An obvious missing image which i'd assume have been pointed out numerous times is the actual Boards.ie image is now the VBulletin image.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really like the view post button whenever you quote someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Speaking of missing images, what's the deal here?
    http://www.boards.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=21374&postcount=51
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54179505&postcount=121

On boards.tv, the attachments show up as thumbnails.
    Was this left out deliberately to save on bandwidth here?
    Not a problem, just wondering is all.

• Advertisement

I was wondering about that myself when I seen your post earlier terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Well done. Thanks. All hail the Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well done. I'm almost afraid to use it in case I break it like the handle that came off the neighbours back door. :o

On my UserCP it says "Welcome, Victor. You last visited: 09-10-2007 at 14:15" - should that log-in nopt have been lost in the upgrade?

Note there is a completely new icon - "trashcan_small.gif" trashcan_small.gif on each individual board page which links to deleted posts on a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well done lads....!

Search from the www.boards.ie main page seems to lead me to a loverly blank page :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Awesome job guys, thanks for all the hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Glad things are upgraded <3 3.6

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Search from the www.boards.ie main page seems to lead me to a loverly blank page :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php

Is it just me?

Remove the bt part and it works fine. The link is messed up is all.

Remove the bt part and it works fine. The link is messed up is all.

Ah ok.. just an observation..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement