Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching Regions for XBL

• 11-10-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in Dubai for the foreseeable future and I brought my X-Box over with me, because I couldn't live without it :). Just got the internet set up over here as well, and XBL is working fine, but I'm still on my old account, and the connection quality is shocking, which I assume is something to do with the fact that I'm connecting to European games from over here. Is there anyway I can get my region changed to over here without setting up a new XBL account, I want to keep all my gamer points and friends list.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'm not sure if the region you specify in your XBL account dictates what servers you connect to. I've a US account and it seems no slower than the IE account I use.
    Once you set your region, you cant change it. If you log into your account here , https://billing.microsoft.com/ you'll see the country you cant change. I believe you can ring MS helpdesk to get this changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

syboit wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the region you specify in your XBL account dictates what servers you connect to. I've a US account and it seems no slower than the IE account I use.
    Once you set your region, you cant change it. If you log into your account here , https://billing.microsoft.com/ you'll see the country you cant change. I believe you can ring MS helpdesk to get this changed.
    when i click on that link it tells me my region is Ireland which is correct but on the xbox it says UK which i hate.Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rushden wrote: »
    when i click on that link it tells me my region is Ireland which is correct but on the xbox it says UK which i hate.Why?

The region on the actual Xbox 360 is set to UK by default here and is changeable.
    Its your account region that Dave and syboit are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

mcgovern wrote: »
    The region on the actual Xbox 360 is set to UK by default here and is changeable.
    Its your account region that Dave and syboit are talking about.
    How do i change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Go to the system in the main screen and select locality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement