Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Platform on Youtube

Options
  • 11-10-2007 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi guys.
    I was browsing the internet and came across this youtube video.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRc3rNqlUo

Ted Neville of the Immigration Control Platform speaking about immigration on the radio a while ago. There are a few more interesting video clips also.

Immigration to Ireland in my view will be the greatest problem this country will face in the near future. The Irish people were never once consulted over the issue and no mandate was ever given for what can only be described as an invasion of our homeland.

Before the new countries joined the EU we were given assurances by our politicians that we would not experience this massive wave of immigration.

Dick Roche told us that ''there is no reason to believe that large numbers of workers will wish to come'' (Irish Times letters 12-7-02)

While Proinsias De Rossa claimed that ''it is a deliberate misrepresentation to suggest that tens of thousands will suddenly descend en masse on Ireland''

Anyone who dared question this was immediately denigrated a racist.

No the government have admitted that they don't know how many foreigners there are in the country!! 15% / 20% foreign born?! What a joke! The recent census was an absolute mess. Who is to be held accountable?

If immigration is to continue into Ireland at its current unsustainable rate we WILL become a minority in our own country.

I for one am glad to see Ted Neville and the ICP speak out against this invasion and there are many more like me. Many more who are afraid to raise their concerns for fear of being labeled ''racist'' or some other nasty word.

This is the multiculturalist way of ensuring no proper debate will ever take place on this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

JohnWK wrote: »
    Hi guys.

you seem very well informed for someone who happened to stumble across the video. Come on now own up, you are connected to them in some way
    Immigration to Ireland in my view will be the greatest problem this country will face in the near future.

I could think of several other issues that are of higher priority, so me thinks you should develop a more thought out world view
    If immigration is to continue into Ireland at its current unsustainable rate we WILL become a minority in our own country.

by definition if something is unsustainable they tend to reverse.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JohnWK

silverharp wrote: »
    you seem very well informed for someone who happened to stumble across the video. Come on now own up, you are connected to them in some way

I could think of several other issues that are of higher priority, so me thinks you should develop a more thought out world view

by definition if something is unsustainable they tend to reverse.

I would consider myself well informed on the subject of immigration,
    a quick search in youtube for ''immigration ireland'' landed me there.

several other issues such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭liberty 2007

silverharp wrote: »

This is tipical of the type of witch hunting, finger pointing, attatude that has people frightened to speak out!!

This is tipical of the type of witch hunting, finger pointing, attatude that has people frightened to speak out!!

just suspicious, 1st time poster linking to a party interview and using a lot of hyperbole that he fears he could become a minority group. so he thinks there is going to be in excess of 4million immigrants coming to ireland in the next 10 years

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

OK although not a fan of the immigation control crowd, we need a discussion on this topic.

The thing is if anybody has even a slightly negative view on immigation then they are branded racist and that gawls me.

Exactly. Bullying the messenger is not the way to go imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

This is the multiculturalist way of ensuring no proper debate will ever take place on this issue.

What exactly are your problems with immigration other than an increase in the numbers of foreign born people in the country? What exactly renders it the 'greatest problem' facing the country?

I don't see eastern european immigration as being a problem (or the greatest problem). Either the rate will slow down when we have a recession and alot will go back or they will stay and have kids who will have fully integrated within a generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jank wrote: »
    Exactly. Bullying the messenger is not the way to go imo.

Bullying? Bull**** tbh.

The guy's signed up to post this, and it certainly seems suspect that he might have some connection to the ICP. There's no 'Bullying' going on in calling out what is obvious. I'd have no problem what so ever if this guy came along and said "Hi guys, I'm from the ICP and I'd like to discuss this issue with you." However, I've no time for anyone who signs up and gives an opinion under false pretences.

It's an attempt at subversion, just like shills who come pimping a product, yet claim they're just honest users, and if this is how those ICP guys act, it would certainly call into question their honesty and I would be hesitant to trust anything they would say in future because of this incident. It's political shilling, and not only should be rightly frowned up, it's just going to damage whatever goal the poster had set out to acheive.

I may agree that the level of immigration is problematic, but because of this kind of dishonest crap, I'm not going to give the ICP one moment of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

wow, you really do come across as a liberal facist. Have you any actual proof that this man is connected to the ICP? Otherwise you need to apoligise.

And JohnWK, I salute you. You are a true partiot.

What's a partiot? Anywhoooo, I'm a little uncomfortable with the language the OP is using. I'd hardly call it an invasion.

From the language your using, you come across a little xenophobic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

liberal facist.

what an original oxymoron. any credibility you're posts might have had just flew out the window there for me...

this entire thread smacks of scaremongering and complete lack of understanding tbh...

NOOOOOOO!!! I wasted my 1000th post on this!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The Irish people were never once consulted over the issue and no mandate was ever given for what can only be described as an invasion of our homeland.

I seem to remember anti-immigration groups running in a number elections over the last few years, and getting a tiny amount of the vote.

What "consultation" were you expecting?
    Dick Roche told us that ''there is no reason to believe that large numbers of workers will wish to come'' (Irish Times letters 12-7-02)

Then don't vote for Dick Roche.
    Anyone who dared question this was immediately denigrated a racist.

Who is "anyone"? And who labeled them racist?
    No the government have admitted that they don't know how many foreigners there are in the country!! 15% / 20% foreign born?! What a joke! The recent census was an absolute mess. Who is to be held accountable?

The government, obviously. I suggest you don't vote for them in the next election.

You see its kinda hard to take a post like yours seriously when you come out with things like this.

For a start, as has already been pointed out, an unsustainable rate won't be sustained, so it cannot continue. Therefore saying that this unsustainable rate will continue is highly illogical

Secondly for "us" (I assume you mean people born here) to become a minority in our country we would need over 5 million immigrants to arrive in the next few years. Considering there aren't 5 million jobs or 5 million houses going to waste are the moment, or in the foreseeable future, that is simply never going to happen. Why would 5 million immigrants even come here?

So again, the biggest problem, in my view, with any debate on this topic is that the anti-immigration crowd always go to utterly ridiculous extremes in an attempt to scaremonger people into thinking immigration is going to cause the world to end. People just don't take that seriously anymore. We have had high levels of immigration into this country for the last 15 years, and the world hasn't ended. The idea that all these huge supposed problems is just around the corner just doesn't wash anymore.

If there was an actual serious problem with immigration no doubt you guys would be pointing that out. The very fact that you have to invent silly arguments , such as saying we will be a minority in the next few years, just leads to the conclusion that you guys don't actually know what the real problems immigration creates. So again no one takes you seriously.

I'm pro-immigration, but it would be very foolish of me to assume I know every problem that immigration can bring. After all part of being pro-immigration is making life for immigrants easier, which means addressing these problems.

I'm sure there are actual problems that movement of large groups of people brings. But its clear you guys aren't the ones to discuss that with, since you don't know what they are. I would love, just once, to have a proper discussion with someone on this forum who isn't a frothing at the mouth anti-immigration supporter who is droning on about how immigration will cause the end of Ireland as we know it, because such rhetoric is just nonsense.

Change the record, it seems to be skipping ...
    and there are many more like me.
    There are?

What, do they just not vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Wicknight wrote: »
    There are?

What, do they just not vote?

Apparently they're part of the silent majority - their silence must extend to the ballot box :rolleyes:

Great post Wicknight, by the way. Ireland certainly does need a serious discussion about immigration but the vocal of those opposed to it don't seem to agree (nor do some in favour, it must be said).

Slightly OT I was disgusted to see Kevin Myers on the Late Late talking about this, trying to act the honest broker on the Issue. This at the same time he's writing columns saying we should look at banning Muslims from Ireland because they're Muslims. If only Pat Kenny was more willing and better researched he wouldn't have been let away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hi guys.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRc3rNqlUo

Ted Neville of the Immigration Control Platform speaking about immigration on the radio a while ago. There are a few more interesting video clips also.

The youtube channel is only a few days old yet this is not the first message board where someone accidentily stumbled upon it. So, you will have to excuse the suspicions.
    Immigration to Ireland in my view will be the greatest problem this country will face in the near future. The Irish people were never once consulted over the issue and no mandate was ever given for what can only be described as an invasion of our homeland.

We didn't consult the indians about invading the american continent either. but then there you go. People will go where the work is, the same way we did in the eighties. it is the way the world works.

I for one am glad to see Ted Neville and the ICP speak out against this invasion and there are many more like me. Many more who are afraid to raise their concerns for fear of being labeled ''racist'' or some other nasty word.

I take it then they were so afraid that they chose not to cast a SECRET BALLOT for Mr. Neville or any of the other ICP goons when they ran for election in May.

The new Mayor of Portlaoise received more first preference votes in a local election than Ted Neville did in the General election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

aww who deleted patriot_mans posts? they were hilarious...

"a patriot is someone who has patriotism..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I'd have no problem what so ever if this guy came along and said "Hi guys, I'm from the ICP and I'd like to discuss this issue with you." However, I've no time for anyone who signs up and gives an opinion under false pretences.

I'm with you there karl.

There does need to be honest, open debate about the issue, sure, and it's a shame the OP's attempt to begin a discussion was so obviously, loaded and clumsy.
    However, I think proper debate, up until lately, has been stifled in Ireland by the PC brigade, and that is unhelpful too.
    Personally, i'd like to see more integration, and tougher action taken to remove those immigrants who have proved themselves to be chancers and fraudsters, but otherwise i've no issue over immigration as a whole.
    Anyway, it's all largely irelevant for me now, personally, as i'm not living in Ireland at this point.
    the biggest problem, in my view, with any debate on this topic is that the anti-immigration crowd always go to utterly ridiculous extremes in an attempt to scaremonger people into thinking immigration is going to cause the world to end.

I agree with almost everything in your post wicknight, but you gotta admit ‘Rosanna Flynn’ from RAR, for example, has come out with a few ‘Hysterical Gems’ herself from time to time, about people facing potential decapitation by the secret police, and such like, if they're sent back to their country of origin, etc etc.. all proven to be rubbish.

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    What exactly are your problems with immigration other than an increase in the numbers of foreign born people in the country? What exactly renders it the 'greatest problem' facing the country?

My problem with immigration is that there are far too many foreigners in the country! So many that the government have lost count.

An yet we are expected to believe that with absolutely no policy or thought, that we can avoid the problems of every other European nation that has experienced immigration.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7l8AG1SMFk
    Multicultural societies have never worked before so it is very silly to assume that it will work for us.

The new Mayor of Portlaoise received more first preference votes in a local election than Ted Neville did in the General election
    Maybe if the other side of the debate was heard rather than silenced by political correctness, more people might be aware that immigration control candidates exist.

marcsignal wrote: »
    I agree with almost everything in your post wicknight, but you gotta admit ‘Rosanna Flynn’ from RAR, for example, has come out with a few ‘Hysterical Gems’ herself from time to time, about people facing potential decapitation by the secret police, and such like, if they're sent back to their country of origin, etc etc.. all proven to be rubbish.

I will certain "admit" that.

But I'm not a member of Residents Against Racism, nor a supporter. Personally I think a lot of their campaigns, while meaning well, were silly to the point of being moronic. They seem (and I might be wrong about this, I would be the first to admit I don't follow them closely) to oppose deportation automatically by default, without consideration as to why a person is being deported.

I see little evidence to believe that the asylum processing system in Ireland as a whole is racist, nor the deportation system in Ireland is racist. So quite why RaR have such a bee in its bonnet about people being deported I'm not sure.

But like I said I don't follow the organization that closely.

Maybe if the other side of the debate was heard rather than silenced by political correctness, more people might be aware that immigration control candidates exist.

Groan :rolleyes:

The cry that ones position is being censored seems to be the last refugee of people who actually don't have a good enough point to let it stand on its own.

Having had this discussion with Christian Creationists over their claim that the scientific community silences scientists with evidence of Intelligent Design, I have little patience for the same nonsense argument here, that the "PC brigade" some how silences people who are opposed to immigration.

It seems all the Irish talked about any more is immigration, there are tons of people who have gone for public service position on the grounds of opposing immigration (none have so far been that successful), and this discussion site alone seems to have a new immigration thread every few days.

There is a difference between an argument being silenced and a position being ignored

The argument that immigration is going to destroy this country is not being silenced (quite the opposite in fact), it is simply being ignored because it is a ridiculous argument.

Most people, back here in the real world, don't want to waste energy debating imaginary scenarios and imaginary threats that have no bearing on what is actually happening, when there is so many real issues to discuss.

• Advertisement

My problem with immigration is that there are far too many foreigners in the country!
    Too many for what?

Too many to avoid the issues of having that number of immigrates in the country?

Well I ain't going to argue with you there :rolleyes:
    Multicultural societies have never worked before so it is very silly to assume that it will work for us.

Ireland has been a multicultural society for thousands of years, so I'm not quite sure where you are getting that from?

Well in fairness now,we are still waiting for you to put that case.
    Could you give us a bullet point summary (with references to the problem you have with whatever) ?

ok johnWK, I'll forgive you you're clumsy, forgive me, dceptive intro but..
    My problem with immigration is that there are far too many foreigners in the country!

you really should refrain from outbursts like that if you are going to be taken seriously here. thats not having a poke at you, just some advice.
    So many that the government have lost count.

this is true, but again i blame the pc brigade, because from the beginning they considered the very existance of immigration law as inherrently racist, which of course is nonsense.

Just as an example of the moronic extremes the PC brigade go to to patronise the rest of us, see the image below...coats with these buttons were recently pulled from the shops here where i am in germany...see if you can guess why ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maclommis

It seems all the Irish talked about any more is immigration

And does that not tell you something? Maybe people are talking about it because they think it's an important issue that will have a major impact on the future of this country.

there are tons of people who have gone for public service position on the grounds of opposing immigration

Tons of people? I'd be surprised if you could list more than five.

(none have so far been that successful)

How many votes did the More-Immigration Party get in the last general election?

and this discussion site alone seems to have a new immigration thread every few days.

Again, does that not tell you something. Why is that threads on this site that touch on immigration usually end up going over 5 or 6 pages while threads on more trendy liberal issues such as the misdemeanours of high-ranking members of the Bush administration usually die a quick death? Is it possible that immigration might be a huge domestic issue that Irish people are concerned about?

The argument that immigration is going to destroy this country is not being silenced (quite the opposite in fact), it is simply being ignored because it is a ridiculous argument.

It could be that it's a ridiculous argument or it could be that people like yourself just aren't able to respond to the argument with anything other than the same tired old platitudes.

I remember seeing another thread on another site where someone with the same user name as yourself was asked to answer some very simple and very reasonable questions on their views but that person seemed to run off without answering half of them. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seemed to me that you weren't able to answer them.

And if immigration is a ridiculous issue why aren't you ignoring it in this thread?

Most people, back here in the real world, don't want to waste energy debating imaginary scenarios and imaginary threats that have no bearing on what is actually happening, when there is so many real issues to discuss.

Real issues like crime and education and the health service and housing and the infastructure. Of course none of those things are any way related to or in any way impacted by immigration.

Too many for what?

Too many for a island of only 6 million people.

A million foreigners have settled in Britain over the last ten years. In Ireland we've had more than 400,000 people settle here. The population of Britain is around 60 million people. I'll let you do the maths.

Ireland has been a multicultural society for thousands of years

You have got to be taking the urine. Ireland has never been anything like a multicultural country.

It's true that one part of Ireland is more ethnically diverse than the rest but I'm not sure if many people would call it a successful example of multiculturalism.

Maclommis wrote: »
    And does that not tell you something?
    Yeah,it tells me that you are a reregistered previously banned user.

How many votes did the More-Immigration Party get in the last general election?
    you mean the more from the existing EU party?Theres a few of them that are big so the answer would be -lets see...
    Millions.
    Again, does that not tell you something. Why is that threads on this site that touch on immigration usually end up going over 5 or 6 pages while threads on more trendy liberal issues such as the misdemeanours of high-ranking members of the Bush administration usually die a quick death? Is it possible that immigration might be a huge domestic issue that Irish people are concerned about?
    I'd imagine because we like making little of your arguments.
    Read back and see what most of the posts in such threads say:rolleyes:
    It could be that it's a ridiculous argument or it could be that people like yourself just aren't able to respond to the argument with anything other than the same tired old platitudes.
    Thats bordering on the delusional.
    No actually that is delusional.
    I remember seeing another thread on another site where someone with the same user name as yourself was asked to answer some very simple and very reasonable questions on their views but that person seemed to run off without answering half of them. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seemed to me that you weren't able to answer them.
    He probably didn't have enough evidence to prove that the biological make up of a black person is the same as a white person.I wouldn't worry about it.
    Just get a sophisticated firewall that blocks all sites on the interweb bar stormfront and you'll be ok.
    And if immigration is a ridiculous issue why aren't you ignoring it in this thread?
    See above,we sometimes like ridiculing ridiculous arguments.
    Real issues like crime and education and the health service and housing and the infastructure. Of course none of those things are any way related to or in any way impacted by immigration.
    Of course they are.Some good impacts and some less good.
    Too many for a island of only 6 million people.

A million foreigners have settled in Britain over the last ten years. In Ireland we've had more than 400,000 people settle here. The population of Britain is around 60 million people. I'll let you do the maths.
    I think your 400,000 figure is way out but how and ever-why didnt you present the maths on our lowest ever unemployment rate and how the excess of jobs could never have been filled without an influx of people from the rest of the E.U?

I'll make a suggestion.
    Hop back over to stormfront where you won't have to deal much with the reality of the acceptance and good points of multiculturalism.

I think its a pity that threads regarding this topic often often degenerate into a slagging match and mud slinging between posters (not pointing any fingers particularlly) because it is an important issue.

I think there are genuine concerns regarding immigration, but having said that i don't have any time for anyone who is opposed to immigration because they just don't want blacks, or muslims or whatever, living in Ireland.
    I do think though there are real issues that may present problems in the future unless we take a pragmatic look at the problems other countries have had, and address them.

It is difficult in such a politically correct society to voice concerns without someone taking the easy way out and calling you a nazi, or a racist. I think that is potentially dangerous because it prevents real concerns being voiced and thats no good for anyone.

I don't see anything wrong with taking measures to control the amount of people coming to Ieland, if a study was to show that maybe the economy was slowing down and that there would be more competition for jobs etc.

As regards deportation, cases often drag on and on and on and this infuriates many people, understandably.

As regards some of the crazy PC extremes, I'd like to be able to order a black coffee in a cafe without someone thinking i'm Heinrich Himmler.

Recently a Nigerian solicitor was arrested and charged with people trafficing in Ireland. He was charged and is now in jail i think ? and rightly so, but i felt there was little said about it in the news. I can't help thinking, if he was an White Irish solicitor, people, and the media would have been after his head, and his face would have become a symbol of white exploitation of vulnerable immigrants.

I can't deal with the whole PC concept, the idea, that before you do or say anything in a situation with a person from a different culture/race, you have to, or are expected to, treat that person in a specific way, JUST because they are from a different culture ?? It just often sems weighted and one sided. Surely it's not wrong or racist to expect a certain degree of integration from immigrants ?

Nobody is asking or expecting immigrants to sell out on their own culture or anything like that. Many foreigners running shops and businesses in Ireland also hold the view that they wouldn't like to see whole streets or districts become black or muslim or chinese (or whatever) areas exclusively.

I'm much more comfortable with 'mutual respect' it still works for me, because respect must be shown to be earned.

Andrew 83 wrote: »

Show examples in history where there has been migration on a scale similer to what we are experiencing that did not end in etnic conflect or persecution?
    Because I don't know of any!

The youtube channel is only a few days old yet this is not the first message board where someone accidentily stumbled upon it. So, you will have to excuse the suspicions.

We didn't consult the indians about invading the american continent either. but then there you go. People will go where the work is, the same way we did in the eighties. it is the way the world works.

I take it then they were so afraid that they chose not to cast a SECRET BALLOT for Mr. Neville or any of the other ICP goons when they ran for election in May.

So, is it ok that we may suffer the same fate as the American indians?

Show examples in history where there has been migration on a scale similer to what we are experiencing that did not end in etnic conflect or persecution?
    Because I don't know of any!
    Uhm..Irish imigration to the U.S.A
    So, is it ok that we may suffer the same fate as the American indians?
    You expect that to happen do you?
    That supposition is so divorced from reality it hardly deserves comment.
    The proponents of it of course such as yourself always ignore pertinent facts that don't suit your racism.
    For example,amongst other things:
    (1)That people legally allowed to come here,do so only when jobs are available.Thats their sole motive,they're not here for the scenery,the weather or to steal our guinness.
    (2)They're contributing to the growth of our economy whilst here.

• Advertisement

Tristrame wrote: »
    Uhm..Irish imigration to the U.S.A.

That's the worst possible example!!
    I'v posted this before, but I'll say it again. There was a saying in Amarica, "the only good indian is a dead indian" The man who said it was General Sheirdan, Is perents immigrated to America to make a new life for themselves and the unfortunate natives never stood a chance. Now I'll ask the question again, give me an example where this kind of migration did not cause conflect?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement