Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Platform on Youtube

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

JohnWK wrote:
    If the government doesn't even know how many foreigners are in the country how can they build schools for them?
    I am not talking about “building schools for foreigners”, I am talking about building schools generally. If planning permission is given for a large residential development, it should not go ahead unless the necessary infrastructural requirements are in place.
    JohnWK wrote:
    Maybe these immigrants should have filled in their census forms.
    How do you know they did not?
    JohnWK wrote:
    There has always been a problem with lack of school places in this country.
    See, now you’re contradicting yourself.
    JohnWK wrote:
    I don't know. Neither toes the CSO judging from the census.
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I don’t think the purpose of the census is to tell you about individuals :rolleyes:.
    JohnWK wrote:
    It's just now we are expected to tolerate the criminals of foreign countries.
    What exactly are you basing that on?
    JohnWK wrote:
    I can see a visible increase in the numbers of Romany beggars on the streets.
    Numbers please.
    JohnWK wrote:
    they are entitled to visit but must prove they can support themselves while here
    No, not exactly. Bulgarian and Romanian nationals “have the same rights of access to Ireland as a citizen of an existing EU member state with the exception of access to the labour market.” They “can remain in Ireland for up to 3 months without conditions.” If they have a job, they can stay longer. Pretty simple really.
    JohnWK wrote:
    If you read my post I said every Romany Gypsy ends up begging on the streets
    Again, you don’t know that. Besides, I would say there are far more Irish people begging on the streets than Romany gypsies, so why not tackle that problem?
    JohnWK wrote:
    Immigrants tend to work minimum wage jobs at the lower end of the scale. What they contribute to the economy is very little when weighed up against the infrastructural pressures they but on the country
    Hardly. A large number of immigrants who have come to this country are university graduates or skilled tradesmen.
    JohnWK wrote:
    Its an immigration issue not a racial issue
    You’re the one who referred to the “blacks in Ballbriggan”.
    JohnWK wrote:
    I'm not having an easy time getting work in my locality. The Polish seem to get the jobs which I apply for
    But wait; I thought all the Poles were working at the low end of the job scale. What’s the problem :confused:?
    JohnWK wrote:
    If you are referring to the M50 Gypsys, they were only deported after it was made clear that the Irish people had no sympathy with their cause
    Wrong again. They were deported because their asylum application was rejected. Why? Because they are citizens of Romania, an EU country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JohnWK

Tristrame wrote: »
    Is that your opinion or fact?
    If it's fact,I expect to see data,statistics reports and a myriad of material to back that statement up.
    If it's merely your opinion,then state it as so-because posting opinion as fact is prohibited here (see the charter).
    If it's merely your opinion,please state how qualified you are to make your opinion any more valid than the next persons.
    I am not an economist but I shall quote you some figures from our neighbours courtesy of a leading authority on the subject
    http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?dt=01-January-2007#148
    Will you be inviting the irish americans back? That might solve the probelm for you etninicity wise? Theres what 25 million of them,so we could easily absorp the 5 million more foreigners you expect then-when are they coming by the way? We'd want to be getting the prospectus out to get the "americans" back soon.
    Thats an ideal solution. I'd much rather we take in immigrants of Irish ancestry than importing masses of people from radically different cultures.
    Thats not the Vibe I'm getting from you seriously.
    Have you a problem too with Irish travelers?
    Did I say I had a problem with Irish travelers? I have more in common with an Irish traveler than I do with a Romanny Gypsy who will harass me on the street to buy a Big Issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭liberty 2007

How is any of that in any way relevant to modern day economic migration within the E.U or anywhere for that matter?

You seem to live in the moment without considering the long term .
    As I said before, this kind of migration or multi ethnic system uasualy results in some kind of conflect.
    I was filling up at a petrol station some time ago. I witnessed an elderly man also filling up, he had a mishap with the pump and allowed petrol spill all over the ground. A youth was passing through the petrol station smoking a cigarette. Without seeing the danger he walked right through the spilt petrol and out the other side of the station. Nothing happened there was no explosion. Does that mean that it was a safe environment after all.
    The point I'm making is that we are setting ourselves up for potential serious problems in the future. I would'nt expect ethnic problems yet as there's not enough of them here yet. Its more likely our children or there children will face the problem, as their numbers are slowly growing and we have no ability to say enough is enough. By then it will be too late.
    The people envolved in the riots in France last year number only a couple of % of the population. What if their numbers were 10% or 20%?

JohnWK wrote: »
    I am not an economist but I shall quote you some figures from our neighbours courtesy of a leading authority on the subject
    http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?dt=01-January-2007#148
    Migration Watch! LOL! Now there's a reliable source! :D

As I said before, this kind of migration or multi ethnic system uasualy results in some kind of conflect.
    And you appear to be living in ancient history. You cannot expect serious responses when you are using the example of the Roman Empire as a case where multiculturalism didn't work!

• Advertisement

JohnWK wrote: »
    That has zilch reference to this economy and ergo is useless to whatever it was you were trying to say.But I reckon you knew that before you posted it anyway.
    Thats an ideal solution. I'd much rather we take in immigrants of Irish ancestry than importing masses of people from radically different cultures.
    I see.
    Did I say I had a problem with Irish travelers? I have more in common with an Irish traveler than I do with a Romanny Gypsy who will harass me on the street to buy a Big Issue.
    I'm bored with your trolling now by the way.
    I was filling up at a petrol station some time ago. I witnessed an elderly man also filling up, he had a mishap with the pump and allowed petrol spill all over the ground. A youth was passing through the petrol station smoking a cigarette. Without seeing the danger he walked right through the spilt petrol and out the other side of the station. Nothing happened there was no explosion. Does that mean that it was a safe environment after all.
    The point I'm making is that we are setting ourselves up for potential serious problems in the future. I would'nt expect ethnic problems yet as there's not enough of them here yet. Its more likely our children or there children will face the problem, as their numbers are slowly growing and we have no ability to say enough is enough. By then it will be too late.
    The people envolved in the riots in France last year number only a couple of % of the population. What if their numbers were 10% or 20%?
    I'm bored with your trolling too at this stage.

Both of you in the light of my boredom with it can take it to your usual haunt with mc whatever his name was.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement