Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Distraction Thread - Saturday 13th

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DesF wrote: »
    Shev scored for the Ukraine.

2-1 now.

looks like the real Shever when not wearing the blue of Chelsea. Rooney gets his first international goal for a while too

edit 3-0 england own goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ooooo-G

Ooooo-G

3-0

Stevie G ain't playing well for England.

Game is passing him by, and when he does try to get involved his touch is seriously dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

We should have got a penalty :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Fwaggle wrote: »
    We should have got a penalty :mad:
    Yeah I think the angle from the far side of the pitch showed why it wasn't given. It really looked like the Ukranian got the ball from the ref's angle but he didn't really get that much of it at all.

Are Scotland good for the lead?

Well considering we should have had 2 penalties I would say yeah...

Well considering we should have had 2 penalties I would say yeah...
    :)

Well, a less biased view then.

Are they playing well?

Are Ukraine at the races?

Was the second goal as good as it was described on the bbc website (wonder goal)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

looks like the real Shever when not wearing the blue of Chelsea. Rooney gets his first international goal for a while too

1st England goal in almost a year...1st competitive goal since Euro2004.

...Slovakia game over. They won 7-0.

• Advertisement

Also, report on BBC tv that Ukraine should have had a pen?

Well, a less biased view then.

Are they playing well?

Are Ukraine at the races?

Was the second goal as good as it was described on the bbc website (wonder goal)?

Hehe, I'll try my best so...

We started great but looked a bit iffy when Ukraine scored. They had a couple of chances and a penalty shout after their first goal. Although to be fair, Shevchenko had already made a shot at fresh air and the ball was gone before there was contact.

I don't know what to make of Ukraine tbh. Sometimes coming forward they look dangerous and sometimes they look like they've never played together. There's been a couple of communication breakdowns at important times...

Second goal was a cracker. Straight from the training ground. Everyone in the box was waiting for the ball over the top from the free kick. Instead it went to McCulloch who was unmarked on the edge of the box, he took it down and curled it into the top corner.

I can't really do unbiased when it comes to Scotland :D

I can't really do unbiased when it comes to Scotland :D
    Ah, you did alright.

I love Scottish players called McCulloch. We (Shels) have a great little right full called Mark McCulloch from Scotland. My favourite player this season.

Anelka has one for France in the Faroes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cashley gone off injured. I hope it isn't serious. I swear.

Cashley gone off injured. I hope it isn't serious. I swear.

:D

JT went down the tunnel to check on him, you'll be glad to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

:D

JT went down the tunnel to check on him, you'll be glad to hear.

was he wearing his mask? I dont think he's injured at all, just thought it would look cool! :)

3-1 McFadden.

Mcfaaaaadddeeennnnnnnn

Kudos to Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a marvelous sound coming from Hampden :)

• Advertisement

Christ, McFadden for Scotland is unbelieveable!

England win after an effing brutal second half.

They didn't have to try in fairness.

Barry MOTM, well deserved, but Gerrard was a major disappointment.

Dunno what the story is with Gerrard of late, been on the worst run of form i've ever seen from him i think..

im happy for Barry, he has been consistantley good for Villa for a few seasons now and now deserves to be an England regular. He was finally given his chance and what is it two or all three of Englands last matches that he has got MOTM in now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did'nt see the second half as I got bored and went to finish my PC transfer. A solid result against poor opposition, Russia on plastic will be different no question.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

im happy for Barry, he has been consistantley good for Villa for a few seasons now and now deserves to be an England regular. He was finally given his chance and what is it two or all three of Englands last matches that he has got MOTM in now?
    Those twits in the BBC (Lawro and Motson) were saying that now Lampard is back, Barry should be shunted out to the left-back for the Russia game since Cashley is injured :eek:

Why the hell does McLaren stick to this idiotic view that Gerrard and Lampard can play in the centre of midfield together when they continuously fail?

Why the hell does McLaren stick to this idiotic view that Gerrard and Lampard can play in the centre of midfield together when they continuously fail?
    He clearly isn't, otherwise Lamps would have played from the start today.

He was only put on to give Mickey O a rest.

edit: Wales one up in Cyprus.

They'll finish third in the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

England were woeful in part 2, sick that i wasnt in a gaff with Sky Digital, id have far rathered tune in BBC Scotland and watched their game, cracking stuff. Estonia really are a very poor team though, in the first half most of their attacks were more like a friendly pass to the keeper.

Super Cyprus now beating Wales.

Cyprus 2-1 up on wales now

• Advertisement

I'm better than you :p

3-1 to Cyprus now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Argentina 2-0 up against Chile at half-time in their WC qualifier, thanks to two unreal free kicks from Riquelme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wales blow hot and cold to a silly degree.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's in Cyprus hands to finish 3rd

How embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

We could possibly finish 5th or 6th in this group. Thank fook the seeding for the World Cup is already done.It's all progress to Stan apparently.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Eh the seeding isn't already done. That is provisional I'm almost sure.

d22ontour wrote: »
    We could possibly finish 5th or 6th in this group. Thank fook the seeding for the World Cup is already done.It's all progress to Stan apparently.

:eek:
    DSB wrote:
    Eh the seeding isn't already done. That is provisional I'm almost sure.

Aye, twas just the pots as they stood based on current Fifa ranking. They'll change as the Fifa ranking changes until qualifying finishes and the draw is being made for the WC groups.

They mentioned the seeding still being important 5 or 6 times during the match today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

A magnificent goal from Sergio Ramos in Denmark tonight. I'd go as far to say he's now one of the best ALL ROUND footballers / athletes in the world at the moment, and he just gets better and better. Scary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Riquelme scored two great free-kicks against Chile in a 2 -0 win for Argentina & his all round general play was great aswell. Still cant understand why he isnt starting for Villareal.

mike65 wrote: »
    Wales blow hot and cold to a silly degree.
    I actually think it says more about Cyprus. They could beat anyone at home. Wales wouldn't have underestimated them because Cyprus destroyed them (on chances) when they played them in a friendly 2 or 3 years ago. They destroyed us. They were really unlucky not to get a point in Prague (Cech save them) and drew with Germany. Slovakia beat them after their keeper got sent off.

tdv wrote: »
    Riquelme scored two great free-kicks against Chile in a 2 -0 win for Argentina & his all round general play was great aswell. Still cant understand why he isnt starting for Villareal.
    He fell out with the manager, simple as. Actually their coach, Manuel Pellegrini, was saying last week he still rates Riquelme as one of the top 5 players in the world, but questioned his desire to play for the club.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I actually think it says more about Cyprus. They could beat anyone at home. Wales wouldn't have underestimated them because Cyprus destroyed them (on chances) when they played them in a friendly 2 or 3 years ago. They destroyed us. They were really unlucky not to get a point in Prague (Cech save them) and drew with Germany. Slovakia beat them after their keeper got sent off.
    Toshack slammed the Wales performance tonight saying they didn't do anything right and also raised questions about his future based on tonight's performance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7036139.stm

hmmm could be an opening there..id take him over Stan any day of the week! He may have the most boring voice of all time, but he really knows his football.

• Advertisement

Advertisement