Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown Vs Raw Rival?

• 11-10-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

The TNA iMPACT! video game is scheduled for release in spring 2008 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 2.

Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with offices throughout the world, is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for major videogame systems and personal computers. More information about Midway and its products can be found at www.midway.com.

The TNA "iMPACT!" video game will feature....

- All the action taking place inside TNA's signature six-sided ring! In addition, it will feature tag team bouts and fatal four-ways, as well as specialty matches such as the Ultimate X and King Of The Mountain.

- Customizable TNA superstars including Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Rhino, Sting, Abyss and many more!

- Various "story" modes that change based on decisions made during game play.

- Create a wrestler mode

- And much, much more!

tnagame1.jpg

tnagame2.jpg

tnagame3.jpg

tnagame4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Looks ok, but I doubt it will ever be as good as SmackDown! Vs. RAW! I could be wrong though. I'll prob buy it when it comes out though. Should be a better way to spend two hours when Impact! (the TV show) is on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The thing is the SD series has sucked seven flavours of sh*t for the past 2 years. Games like KOC II have blown it out of the water playability wise, despite the fact that it didn't see release outside of Japan (if i recall correctly)

Judging by the screen grabs here, i'll definitely be interested in checking it out!
    VR!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i'll def get in anyways. graphics look pretty good but wont b as good on d PS2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The trailer is pretty good too but it wouldnt let me post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

You want a wrestling game, check out FIRE PRO WRESTLING. Screw graphics, I want my wrestling games to be expansive, and have flow. I really don't care about seeing sweat on Batista's abs.

Whoever says SVR is a good series is so wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

WWf No Mercy was the only wrestling game that i ever enjoyed for more than a few weeks, have 2 Smackdown games but i just didn't like the action (GM Mode was good, is that still in it?).

TNA game looks good, i'll wait to see what reviews it gets but could be good with the six-sided ring

You want a wrestling game, check out FIRE PRO WRESTLING. Screw graphics, I want my wrestling games to be expansive, and have flow. I really don't care about seeing sweat on Batista's abs.

Hated it! The dumb camera angle was such a throwoff and the controlling during it was completely bent!
    Whoever says SVR is a good series is so wrong.

It was good until Smackdown vs RAW (2005), it went rapidly downhill after that.
    VR!

Grant it, HCTP was a very good game, and to a point I agree with you about FPW, but the concept and general gameplay is top notch

Grant it, HCTP was a very good game, and to a point I agree with you about FPW, but the concept and general gameplay is top notch

Then No Mercy came along and blew it out of the water :D
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

WWF No Mercy is arguably the greatest sports game ever, in particular the 1 player version

• Advertisement

Still playing No Mercy. SVR is not great at all. Jury is out for TNA we shall see. Best games out there are KOC 2 Fire Pro and No mercy . THere is a new fan made game coming out though. It will utilize the engin of no mercy with improved graphics and more moves.

Where'd you get those?

King of Colasseum 2 and Fire Pro are Japanese

No Mercy you use an emulator like project 64 and you add the textures yourself, very easy, see what you can do .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNKnD2VHFA&mode=related&search=

KOC 2 is just great as it actually makes you pop you can have really great matches. KOC uses the fire pro engin .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZwAvG5T0g&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

The new TNA game will only have 20 wrestlers on the roster.

KOC 2 is just great as it actually makes you pop you can have really great matches. KOC uses the fire pro engin .

And some very funny Japo commentary! "Diiiingo Dingo Bari-das!"

VR!

The new TNA game will only have 20 wrestlers on the roster.

This raises a bone of contention with me. Myself, and i know i'm not the only one when it comes to wrestling games. When playing in career mode, i pick ONE guy. I'll finish the career with him and that's it. When playing in multiplayer, i'll take a pick out of 3 guys leaving about 47 other guys to rot.

I really don't see the big deal. If they can trim down the roster to sacrifice for something better, i'm all on for it.

VR!

They say more then 20 wrestlers . A new Video is up now, were you can see some more .

Yeah, it's gone up to 25.

Dre, I've started to get that No mercy mod up and running but where can you get an updated roster, preferably TNA and WWE

Best place to go is http://thenomercyzone.clicdev.com/f/

You need to join that website. There is a Patch ROH Vs TNA , but the best thing to do is just add in your own to begin with.

Take a look at the textures , they are catorgorised in WWE TNA Old School and Japan.

Start off by downloading some that you want . unzip them into your texture No,mercy folder. Then use the readme associated with the wrestler you want to make.

The way you make the wrestlers is easy. they will ask you to do things in the readme like add an eye patch and so on. Do exactly everything it says and it will all work out in the end.

The one thing about that website is they hate noobs and they ban you for no reason. I was nearly banned as i replyed to a thread that was bumped my somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

god, there's some awful tools on that website. many a head up one's arse can be found on them forums. still, it's class for modding the auld no mercy. I've put loadsa people into my game and am just finishing my first wrestler model, xpac which is lookin as good as the best one's on the site. they should really make it easier to find information for noobs tho as it isn't exactly as easy as they make it out to be to find stuff. it's well worth gettin into i you have the time though

• Advertisement

yes i know ,Its moderated really badly and the search doesnt work correctly so its not good for newbs . So if you make a mistake you get banned , if you use somebody elses textures e.g an Arm , you get banned. Yet this is all copyright materiel that they are using .

going slightly off topic does anyone know what time the Smackdown VS Raw 08 demo is up on xbox live today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

THQ and JAKKS today announced the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 demo is now available for download via the Xbox Live Marketplace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1.21gigs! jaysus better be a few characters to play with am getting it now

it's orton, mysterio, taker and lashley. and my ****in hard drive died last night....

DAMN!

seems unfinished, a lot of jagged textures and lines, the ring ropes and stage look terrible at times, still WAY to many loading screens though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just played it there now. Thought it was good. Obviously it's not the finished product, but I liked the gameplay, but I wish they had chosen different characters for the demo.

EDIT: Post number 666! Spooky, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

are ye certain the tna game will come to ireland or have ye to buy it off amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

are ye certain the tna game will come to ireland or have ye to buy it off amazon

It'll be in the UK I'm sure, and if it's there then I'm sure it'll end up here too

• Advertisement

why in the blue hell would it not come to ireland?! its one of the major releases of the year

Here is some more on the TNA game. Looks great, really looking forward to this and the UFC game ..........

http://www.gamespot.com/video/933907/61809...video-feature-1

tna-impact-20080207094054908_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094044596_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094052377.html#

tna-impact-20080207094057736_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094049939_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094047408_640w.jpg

tna-impact-20080207094052377_640w.jpg

The playable characters won't look that detailed

Why not?

Please don't let this thread fall mercy to TNA's on air product slagging the game looks pretty cool and they seem to be working hard on it, adding characters at this stage is awesome

WWE games come out with last years roster and big characters missing like the tag team champs aka London and Kendrick

I'm not slagging it, I'm just saying that when you're actually controlling the characters they won't look that detailed. They'll look like that for the opening part of the game and any bits where you don't actually control them...I'm trying to think of the term but it won't come to me. That's just what I read!

• Advertisement

I wasnt talking to you about slagging just in general

Some in game footage here they still look good in game mode but obviously wont have that detail but if the cut scenes and entances did it would still be good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvEmsR84lUA

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I'll definitely be checking this game out. Its about time thats there's another wrestling game on the market to rival the now very tired and dated gameplay of the Smackdown series. Theres a good video here if you wanna have a more in-depth look at the gameplay:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=2UrGQazf9VA&feature=related

Have to say, it looks good to me so far both graphically and more importantly gameplay wise.

I have high hopes for this one to be honest, looks great

I'll definitely be checking this game out. Its about time thats there's another wrestling game on the market to rival the now very tired and dated gameplay of the Smackdown series.

Don't know if you've ever heard of Fire Pro Wrestling, but it's got amazing gameplay. I've only ever played it once myself on the Playstation 2 (and many years ago on the Megadrive) but it gets great reviews from people who play it. I think there's meant to be a European version of it coming out very soon, in the past you had to use a mod chip to play the Japanese version

EDIT: It's out on the 13th of this month in Europe. A typical review here: http://psillustrated.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/3881 Graphics certainly aren't groundbreaking but the gameplay always has people praising it

Cheers for that Fozzy. I've been checking out some videos on Fire Pro Returns and I have to say I am 100% getting this game. Oh, also finished reading a review of the game in official playstation magazine and it got a 9/10. Good to see its getting mainstream exposure! According to OPM its being released in the UK and Ireland on the 22nd of Feb.

• Advertisement

Just bumping this because the TNA game has been delayed from May until September. Apparently Midway Games' CEO resigned recently as well

New vids and stuff here have to say it looks good, gameplay wise etc

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/866/866518p1.html

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just bumping this because the TNA game has been delayed from May until September. Apparently Midway Games' CEO resigned recently as well

Crap...just yesterday I was reading that it was out on the 27th of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think this game is on track to be really good and the thing most likely to change that is a rushed release. Take all the time in the world midway. I don't mind anyway, I'm used of waiting on Granturismo games

Thats a good way of putting it, but I will reserve my optimism for a Next Gen wrestling game until I'm actually playing the game...I hope to God your right about TNA being great though.

I'm not convinced on this one just yet. The gameplay looks very fast paced with the guys getting straight back up after moves and stuff. Guess I'll just have to hold out for some reviews before deciding on buying this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Daniel Grundei - sportsgamer.com
    I want to preface this article by telling the readers that I'm not an avid wrestling fan, and have never really gotten into a wrestling title --- yet. I'm a pretty standard sports gamer. I play football games in the fall, basketball games in the winter, baseball games in the spring. I play soccer titles throughout the year, and dabble with other titles also. One genre of sports game that I haven't yet found myself addicted to is wrestling. However, after sitting down and having the opportunity to get some hands on time with Midway's upcoimng, TNA iMPACT, I might just add a new genre of sports game to my arsenal.

Advertisement