Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor What are you playing at?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

chrislad wrote: »
    Then hang up when it diverts. Christ, you can't be that dumb. You can leave a message. When you ge the Call Catcher message, it asks you to type in a number and sends a text to that person.

that is not a message sent by me it is an automated message saying i was ringing! the simple fact is that meteor are charging for connecting a call when the call does not connect! ye should check out definition of a connected call before telling me i am wrong again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foggy_lad wrote: »
    why should i be charged for a call that has not been connected but diverted to this call-catcher which prevents me leaving any message(text/voice)!? when i can leave a message on voicemail at least! the problem is that i am being charged for a service which someone else decides to use!
    someone else decides to use voicemail too foggy_lad. and on voicemail, if you hang up before the beep you get charged without leaving any message whatsoever. that's what you should be annoyed about

foggy_lad wrote: »
    that is not a message sent by me it is an automated message saying i was ringing! the simple fact is that meteor are charging for connecting a call when the call does not connect! ye should check out definition of a connected call before telling me i am wrong again!

it is absolutely a message sent by you. if you leave a voicemail you will almost certainly say "this is foggy_lad, call me back". in what way is that different to a text message with exactly the same information in it? the call did connect. it connected to textmail, the texting equivalent of voicemail. if you leave them a voice message, they will know you have called. if you send them a call catcher message, they will still know you have called, though they have been informed in a different way. why should voice be free and text not? are your text messages all free because no call conneced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Seriously foggy_lad, get over it. Its not that big a deal. So you get charged for leaving a text message for someone, you also get charged for leaving a voicemail. You say its not fair to be charged for a service you didn't choose...but the person you want to contact has chosen to use this service (in the same way they have chosen to set up voicemail) to manage incoming calls, so its not your choice really. If you choose to ring someone you expect to get charged for the call. If you get charged (minimally) for call catcher then the other person calls you back its going to be cheaper for you anyway, so stop complaining over a few cent here and there and just get on with it.

Its way too easy to complain about everything these days, but i want to say fair play to meteor, never had a problem in 4+ years with them.

Advertisement