Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please!!

Options
  • 11-10-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have been using the BT 3mb package now for about 6 months. Problem is ever since i changed to bt from ntl I havent been able to use msn live messenger, cant post on certain forums, can only open 1 email on yahoo before it cuts me off, gmail is the only mail service which works well for me,cant send files via the original msn messenger which is the only msn messenger which works, cant put a picture on yahoo messenger and certain sites just wont open.
    Tried everything like turning off firewall and so on but to no avail.
    Strange thing is when i take my laptop to a mates house who is on eircom everything works perfectly!
    The BT tech guys are no use.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I just cant figure it out!

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

read this and post your line stats please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dave pft

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    read this and post your line stats please!!!

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 3072 Kbps 384 Kbps
    Noise Margin 22.5 dB 18.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 12.0 dB 6.0 dB
    Output Power 4.1 dBm -0.1 dBm

Is this what u were looking for? how can this answer the question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Good stats , that looks like its not the problem .

Have you a firewall on the DSL router and a firewall ( and maybe as well) anti virus / anti spyware like Norton or Mcafee on the pc as well. Norton Internet Security packages can cause all the grief you described on occasion .

Have you tried surfing with everything plugged out bar the dsl modem , even the filters, to see if there is any stability improvement ??

Finally are you plugged into the dsl or using wireless where another lot of problems can be introduced , what happens when you plug into it , avoiding wireless ???

Advertisement