Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA take over Bioware and Pandemic

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

fallout3 is being headed up by bethesda (elder scrolls), thank god.

Amen indeed.
    Tauren wrote: »
    I may well be the only one who thinks the KOTOR series is over-rated.

I did like the first one, but the second was a disappointment.

Jade Empire was the best of the three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

KOTOR was developed by Bioware, but the second one (that is not as good) by Obsidian.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

koneko wrote:
    KOTOR was developed by Bioware, but the second one (that is not as good) by Obsidian.
    ...who did Neverwinter Nights 2, which is amazing. We all makes mistakes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, Obsidian has ex-Black Isle people and now ex-Troika people too, I think they're capable of great things, KOTOR2 just wasn't one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

actually they where forced to finish the game before it was finsihed leaving out 1 while planet and the HK factory not to mention loads of story, the game is currently being peraire dunder TSL Restaration project (2008) then you can play the full KOTOR 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It kinda sounds like EA are being more "unrestricting" on companies they buyout as they have quickly discovered (the painful way) that it is not so much successful IP's that they need to buyout and keep, but rather successful game's developers, which is much less of a simple task.

They are being very loose when it comes to Mythic, after shutting down 2 previously successful MMO's after buying them out. Well, perhaps not successful as I had never heard of them until recently, but one of them, I am reliably informed, had some 400, 000 subscribers.

And as for Spore, it was looking to be a great game, long before EA came on-board :p

Advertisement