Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Graduate Positions Australia

• 11-10-2007 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Alright all,

I am in my final year now of an honours mechanical engineering degree and I was wondering does anybody know how to go about looking for graduate positions/jobs in Australia or some place good.

I want to go somewhere after college and like the idea of getting experience abroad.

I want a big enough company as they seem to train people better rather than a small company who expect a lot when you start.

Some advice would be good as not sure where to start.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Put one on the Abroad forum maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm, funny enough I just got email a few days ago about eng jobs in austraila and NZ, looks as if they are crying out for engineers.
    Their website ishere

Heres a copy of the email.
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

You are certainly aware that Australia - Western Australia more particularly - is currently enjoying an un-precedent economic boom, which is driven by an ever increasing world demand for minerals and natural resources. This means that Australia-based companies/industries linked to the mining and oil & gas sector are always looking for talents. Experienced and degree qualified Chemical, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers are sought after. As a Senior Executive Search Consultant, I have interesting engineering positions to fill for which I would love to hear from your Alumni. In this respect, would you be kind enough to pass the message on them.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Yours sincerely,
    Pierre-Henry Théus MRCSA
    Senior Executive Search Consultant

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmm, funny enough I just got email a few days ago about eng jobs in austraila and NZ, looks as if they are crying out for engineers.
    Their website ishere

Heres a copy of the email.

Ah you beat me to it, I was just about to post that when I saw the title...looks like a decent opportunitiy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Cheers guys gonna keep my eye opn that site and see if it will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

Be aware that companies will be reluctant to invest in you as a graduate engineer especially if it is obvious that you are only looking for a job for a year or two - you'll probably be labelled a traveller and with no long term ambitions to stay in OZ or NZ - best way to counteract this is to tell them upfront that you want to live there forever etc and that Ireland has no attraction whatsoever - if you get over there and are looking for a job its best to avoid using a backpackers address - if you're looking for a job in sydney don't stay your living in Bondi or Coogee etc....

• Advertisement
Advertisement