Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

Unfortunately, the firmware it has on it is version 1.3, but another problem is that when the SD card is in the unit, it still wont recognise the drive on my PC. I think the reader is actually faulty, so I cant even see the damn thing on the computer! I have used the 512MB card that it came with, plus the 2GB card I got from Thomann aswell...

Will I have to pay for the shipping back? Anybody here returned anything recently?

I think you're going to need a bigger hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Update

Thomann are going to email me a UPS shipping tag. I'll arrange for UPS to pickup the box and i'll then have to play the waiting game until Thomann send me a new H2 unit.

So they seem to pay for the shipping on returns for smaller items... whether that same principal applies to larger / heavier items is another question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've just ordered a few bit and bobs from them (tonepros bridge and other assorted parts)
    I didnt realise there were issues here. I've only ever emailed them the once and that was to ask about a pickup package that they seemed to have advertised on the site and then the reply was:
    Hi Alan,
    No Sorry no bundles with pick ups.

Best regards,
    Steve Chapple

guitar-department

I've ordered from Musicstore before with no hassle at all! I got a guitar in 4 days i think it was. I second the above comments about gear being cheaper from the UK (some guitars and effects pedals and amps particuarly VOX) I was having terrible trouble negotiating the UK sites for the parts I was looking for and even when I found prices they seemed to be similar to Thomans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 creedtt@gmail.c

have bought a ton of stuff from them over last 2 years, returned a blown speaker, guitar i didnt like etc
    great to deal with wouldnt go anywhere else, tried recently to buy stuff from Turnkey.co.uk absolute disaster, dont answer sales phones, website crashes -doh!
    thomann rocks
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Ordered something on Thomann a few days ago but when I go into the customer login place and look at view orders nothing comes up. Anybody else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ordered some strings, straps, pedal and a couple more bits and pieces at about 1:30pm, just got a text to say it has already been shipped.

Fair play, that's dead on.

it takes a few days for your order details to appear, but it will.
    they will txt you to your phone when your order is shipped.

sometimes returning a faulty item can take a few emails e.t.c , but they always come good. Anything damaged i received was caused by courier carelessness, and Thomann always replaced item

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

do thomann make you pay the shipping on returned faulty items because i have been getting alot of conflicting stories on this. also i read on thier website that they get up to 40,000 emails a day and that a reply may take up to two or three days i have expierienced this myself but what can you do 40,000 is alot of emails.

Oredered a set of 15" HK Audio P.A Speakers and a sh*t load of other stuff on friday so it should be interesting to see when they will arrive. The best thing about thomann to me is thier vat policy. If you supply them with a valid EU VAT number in the special notices section the 21% VAT will be removed from your purchase price. e.g Gibson Les Paul Standard List Price €1859 price you pay less VAT €1536.36. I would also like to mention EVEREST MUSIC IN BRAY WHO ARE CHEAPER THAN THOMANN WITH ALOT OF STUFF. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

And what is your connection with Everest Music?

• Advertisement

Absolutly no connection apart from being a happy customer. i purchased an item there recently for €198 cheaper than its list on thomann. i just thought id mention them so people could check em' out in thre search fr a better deal

do thomann make you pay the shipping on returned faulty items because i have been getting alot of conflicting stories on this. also i read on thier website that they get up to 40,000 emails a day and that a reply may take up to two or three days i have expierienced this myself but what can you do 40,000 is alot of emails.

i recently recently returned a blown pa speaker for a friend, it was collected/shipped to germany free of charge and a i had a replacement returned within a week all free

Absolutly no connection apart from being a happy customer. i purchased an item there recently for €198 cheaper than its list on thomann. i just thought id mention them so people could check em' out in thre search fr a better deal

thts useful to know about Everest music, but being from the south , its not that conveient for buying stuff, but good info anyhow thanks

ok, this is a confusing one!
    I ordered Graph Tech saddles for a TOM bridge from thomann.

I checked what type of bridge it was and had a look at Graph Tech's site to see what saddles I should get.
    This site in fact : http://www.graphtech.bc.ca/findsadt.htm#
    The guitar is an Epi Sheraton II, the TOM is stamped with "B-2" underneath it.

It says that PS-8633-00 or PS-8616-00 saddles will fit that bridge.

So I ordered these saddles from Thomann :

http://www.thomann.de/ie/graph_tech_boeckchen_gt863_tuneomatic.htm

170417.jpg

GRAPH TECH BÖCKCHEN GT863 Graph Tech Bridge Saddles GT863 replacement parts for Epiphone/ Korean style Tune-o-matic bridges. 6er set, Reduces string breakage on the bridge and produces longer Sustain.

Well I just had them installed in Musician and the saddles don't seem to fit. They "move" from side to side when I bend a note.

On the box they came in there were two different product numbers:

Image196.jpg

The upper right hand corner sticker reads "PS-8615-00"
    The sticker in the middle reads "Graph Tech Brocken GT868 Ersatzteil fu Epiphone Steg"

Am I right in thinking that Thomann have labelled these saddles wrong ?

Any advice ? I placed the order on June 24th and have only gotten around to having them installed now as I was also having pickups installed and I was away, So I dropped the guitar in to Musician 2 weeks ago and there was a bit of a delay because they were short staffed.

Am I banjaxed ?

thts useful to know about Everest music, but being from the south , its not that conveient for buying stuff, but good info anyhow thanks

thanks for the info on the thomann returns. everest have i pretty good website i have never ordered anything from it so i cant comment on the service all i know is they offer €5 shipping within ireland. The Website Is However uncomparable to that of Thoamnns in terms of products on offer. http://www.everestmusic.com/ im not sure if im allowed to post that here if not im really sorry.

ok, this is a confusing one!
    I ordered Graph Tech saddles for a TOM bridge from thomann.

I checked what type of bridge it was and had a look at Graph Tech's site to see what saddles I should get.
    This site in fact : http://www.graphtech.bc.ca/findsadt.htm#
    The guitar is an Epi Sheraton II, the TOM is stamped with "B-2" underneath it.

It says that PS-8633-00 or PS-8616-00 saddles will fit that bridge.

So I ordered these saddles from Thomann :

http://www.thomann.de/ie/graph_tech_boeckchen_gt863_tuneomatic.htm

170417.jpg

GRAPH TECH BÖCKCHEN GT863 Graph Tech Bridge Saddles GT863 replacement parts for Epiphone/ Korean style Tune-o-matic bridges. 6er set, Reduces string breakage on the bridge and produces longer Sustain.

Well I just had them installed in Musician and the saddles don't seem to fit. They "move" from side to side when I bend a note.

On the box they came in there were two different product numbers:

Image196.jpg

The upper right hand corner sticker reads "PS-8615-00"
    The sticker in the middle reads "Graph Tech Brocken GT868 Ersatzteil fu Epiphone Steg"

Am I right in thinking that Thomann have labelled these saddles wrong ?

Any advice ? I placed the order on June 24th and have only gotten around to having them installed now as I was also having pickups installed and I was away, So I dropped the guitar in to Musician 2 weeks ago and there was a bit of a delay because they were short staffed.

Am I banjaxed ?

Emails have been sent off to Thomann and Graph Tech. Fingers crossed

Hey All

My Order From Thoamann arrived today just 4 working days after placeing the order. (Last Friday) And You Can Not Fault That! The order was quite large it included x2 15" HK Audio Premium Pro Speakers. Covers For Said Speakers. A Mandolin and Case. Speaker Stands. A Guitar Case. 3 Capos x20 packs of strings x20 packs of plecks and a few other bits and pieces. Everything arrived in perfect working condition with no marks or scrathes. I would use them again :D

I emailed Thomann last night and again this morning. the 30 day guarantee thing is up tomorrow. :(

I emailed Thomann last night and again this morning. the 30 day guarantee thing is up tomorrow. :(

why dont yoiu ring there customer serivices department

why dont yoiu ring there customer serivices department

How much does that cost boss ? :confused:

• Advertisement

How much does that cost boss ? :confused:

If you call from a land line its not a whole lot more than a call to another landline. I called on my mobile and was on for around 3minutes and it knoked bout 2.60 off my credit

Still no email back from Thomann despite me sending 3 emails to them. The last would had urgent written in the title as well.Today was the last day of the 30 day money back guarantee. Because they sold a product that was "not fit for it's purpose" or "as described" (they described the saddles would fit epiphone TOM bridges which they don't and a quick check of Graph Tech's brochure illustrates that) I'm hoping that they will extend their returns time frame.

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow if I don't get a reply by lunch. It'll be interesting to see how long I'll be left on hold.

Subsequently the saddles that I need were 6 euros cheaper in Waltons !

I think these saddles that I have fit ESP Tune-o-Matic bridges, can't imagine me ever having much use.
    Most people happy with their services seem to have bought big stuff - guitars, amps etc. I suppose there's more chance of mixing up smaller orders. After all a sunburst American Strat is a sunburst american strat! .

Still no reply from Thomann, havn't had the chance to phone them. That's a black mark from me so far.

I've had the correct saddles installed, now I just need to sort out this mess with Thomann. I'm not happy at all. Why bother having an email addresss if emails aren't replied to? Orders are dealt with through email or a similar system. I'd dissapointed.

Beware: Do not buy anything unless you're 100% certain it's the exact product you want/need!

Still no reply from Thomann, havn't had the chance to phone them. That's a black mark from me so far.

I've had the correct saddles installed, now I just need to sort out this mess with Thomann. I'm not happy at all. Why bother having an email addresss if emails aren't replied to? Orders are dealt with through email or a similar system. I'd dissapointed.

Beware: Do not buy anything unless you're 100% certain it's the exact product you want/need!
    Still no email back from Thomann despite me sending 3 emails to them. The last would had urgent written in the title as well.Today was the last day of the 30 day money back guarantee. Because they sold a product that was "not fit for it's purpose" or "as described" (they described the saddles would fit epiphone TOM bridges which they don't and a quick check of Graph Tech's brochure illustrates that) I'm hoping that they will extend their returns time frame.

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow if I don't get a reply by lunch. It'll be interesting to see how long I'll be left on hold.

Subsequently the saddles that I need were 6 euros cheaper in Waltons !

I think these saddles that I have fit ESP Tune-o-Matic bridges, can't imagine me ever having much use.
    Most people happy with their services seem to have bought big stuff - guitars, amps etc. I suppose there's more chance of mixing up smaller orders. After all a sunburst American Strat is a sunburst american strat! .

I finally got a reply from em today. There's a staff shortage hence the late reply. They're going to gimme either a refund or credit when I send them the package. They inspect it to make sure the item is in mint condition (even the package has to be in tip top order - "eg. no dog ears on manuals, no scratches on the item and no damage on the original packing").

They'll refund the postage cost if it's sent standard mail and fully insured. An Post don't do insurance on standard mail though.
    The fiasco continues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

just thought id throw this in here:

got a set of Kinman woodstock pickups the other day, cost me €260 and the wiring was in crap on them! basically had to take the wiring off the pickups that they came with and solder on my own wires to get them to work!

wasnt too impressed by that!

well to be fair you cant blame thomann for that. Blame would have to fall on the manufacturer for a bellow par product. We all buy things expecting them to be better than they are in every aspect of life not just music gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I have to say I've had nothing but great service from Thomann. Having said that we ordered a PA a couple of weeks ago and it arrived last Wednesday (6th). Except one of the speakers was missing. Apparently it left Thomann but never got to DHL Ireland so the assumption is DHL Germany lost it. Just got an email from Thomann asking me to sign a no claims form saying I won't claim against Thomann for the missing parcel. They need this to lodge a claim against DHL apparently. Is this normal or will they just tell me to f**k off once I've signed?

Adyx wrote: »
    I have to say I've had nothing but great service from Thomann. Having said that we ordered a PA a couple of weeks ago and it arrived last Wednesday (6th). Except one of the speakers was missing. Apparently it left Thomann but never got to DHL Ireland so the assumption is DHL Germany lost it. Just got an email from Thomann asking me to sign a no claims form saying I won't claim against Thomann for the missing parcel. They need this to lodge a claim against DHL apparently. Is this normal or will they just tell me to f**k off once I've signed?

Sounds dodgy, I'd be weary of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ordered some cables last week on Thursday evening (28th August), they arrived today. Everything came as ordered. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Waitin' on an e-mail about a bass's specs. Ugh, I hate waiting............

Advertisement