Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Waitin' on an e-mail about a bass's specs. Ugh, I hate waiting............
    Got it back, I'm pissed.......... rosewood fretboard, but I wanted maple, as the description says, stock pic was rosewood though, damn' I've been saving up for this for ages......

So, how exactly do they deliver small stuff, I have a small package coming, my first order from them, I ordered it Friday, it shipped 5am Monday morning(luckily I was awake when I got the message), is it regular post, or should I expect a delievry guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Delivery guy. :)

Thanks man! I suck at waiting, lol.

Hahaa, delivery guy arrived just after the last post!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Awesome! ^_^

What'd ya get? :)

One thing, under your advice, a set of Optima Gold's! And I love 'em, you were dead on!

Some parts, to mod a bass, its cool as hell! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks like I shall be ordering this yoke off Thomann within the next few weeks
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_dp_30_rw_c.htm

Anyone had any problems ordering a piano from them before? That one looks alright to me!

Will delivery take ages coming up to Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

I have never ordered a piano but I have ordered a shed load of stuff from them since my last post on this stickey. I have ordered 3 sets of speakers plus loads of other stuff. One point I would like to make is dont panic if only half your order arrives! The other half will arrive within a few days of the first one. Just make sure when your signing for it that you are only signing for the parcel/parcels you have recieved. When this happened to me for the first time I paniced and wouldn let the poor DHL man leave until I had contacted Thomann (he was pissed off by the time he left but who cares) :cool:

Cheers

The piano is en route :)

• Advertisement

Cool let us know what its like I might buy one myself at that price if they are any good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Often wondered why so many people on boards.ie are always talking about thomann. I have used them in the past and found them ok , but I have always gone back to another German company called MusicStore.de

They have a bigger catalogue than Thomann and more variety , and in most case the prices are lower or at least compare very well with thomann

I have never had a problem with them in 10 years and have spent a lot of money. This is just my personal opinion of course but its good to shop around

By the way , what is happening in Dublin with the new superstore called X Music? It is now open and is supposed to be the new rival to the german music companies?? Any info anybody?

Regards
    Rusty

I have used musicstore but prefer Thomann. 99.9% of the products I purchased have been cheaper on Thomann, I always check the prices on both sites before I order. Also and maybe this is just me, but I find the Thomann website far easier to navigate and find what your looking what I'm looking for. X Music www.xmusic.ie as far as i know are the same owners as musicians inc and its Irelands and the UK's largest music store with 20,000 sq feet. Another place in Ireland I should mention is www.everestmusic.com in bray they are cheaper than Thomann with alot of products. But I find its always better to give them a call to find out there best cash price rather than ordering online. Once again I have no conection with Everest Music what so ever they are just cheap and easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I bought this:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_les_paul_special_ii_wrbh.htm

Off them on the 9th of november (sunday) at about 8.

Got a text and an email confirming that it was being shipped at 15.45 on the following day.
    :)

Waited a week, nothing.

Wednesday got a letter from DHL telling me of a "Unsuccessful delivery"?
    Ok, called them and they told me that my address wasnt enough to find me?...

oook....

After i gave the exact directions, saying the colour of the house, what car wil be outside etc etc.
    Dude told me it would be delivered the next day, so i didnt mind.

Now, i remembered after i was on the phone that i made sure to fill out the details properly, full name, the lot.

So how was the problem?
    I live in the country, not far now, just outside drogheda.

So van pulls in and your man jumps out and gets my oversized box out and i sign the paper.

When i took it inside i realised that my address was pretty straight forward..

Just wondering has anyone else had this done with them?

another thing:

The guitar looks red on the link but its not, its more of a brownish red.

Like this:

http://medias.milongamusic.com/Photos/Zoom/357620Z.jpg

Just a warning to anyone who is getting anything and is particular of colour.

:):)

They said the average time is 4-6 days. It's been 4 days since they posted the piano, so was looking out the window all day today, with hope in my eyes :D Alas, it didn't come :( Ahh well!

The good news is that I got a brochure from them in the post 2 days ago, so they've obviously got the address correct! I was paranoid about it, so when I was putting in the order, in the comments section, I said "Just to confirm the address is.... [11 fake street]... IRELAND" :D

I have used musicstore but prefer Thomann. 99.9% of the products I purchased have been cheaper on Thomann, I always check the prices on both sites before I order. Also and maybe this is just me, but I find the Thomann website far easier to navigate and find what your looking what I'm looking for. X Music www.xmusic.ie as far as i know are the same owners as musicians inc and its Irelands and the UK's largest music store with 20,000 sq feet. Another place in Ireland I should mention is www.everestmusic.com in bray they are cheaper than Thomann with alot of products. But I find its always better to give them a call to find out there best cash price rather than ordering online. Once again I have no conection with Everest Music what so ever they are just cheap and easy to deal with.

Jus after talking to someone who was out at X music during the week and he was raving about it!! This is a guy who has been around. he said the staff were first class to deal with and no worries about trying out stuff.
    Also when he asked the price of certain stuff -drums -they open up thomann's site and do their best to match or perhaps better it in some cases
    Thats what I like to hear as i would have to travel from Sligo but at least i know now that they are up and running. Great to hear that finally things in Ireland are coming within our reach in the music field!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

just ordered from thomann website
    I have orederd one of their own brand (Harvey Benton) Acoustic Amps and a few other bits and pieces so i'll get free delivery (i know i know)
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_hbac80.htm
    80 watt acoustic amp for 148,
    Anyone know what their own brand stuff is like?
    I'll expect an email or text in the coming days, hopefully not too much of a delay becoz of xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

pajodublin wrote: »
    I have orederd one of their own brand (Harvey Benton) Acoustic Amps and a few other bits and pieces so i'll get free delivery (i know i know)
    I'll expect an email or text in the coming days, hopefully not too much of a delay becoz of xmas

Ordered a load of pedals, an amp and a guitar case off Thomann last Thursday morning, and recieved them all this morning, so you should be fine too. Five working days for delivery isn't bad considering christmas is on the way! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

i picked up a harley benton 6 string bass about 2 yrs ago, neck through, some sort of veneer burl finish. picked it up for about 350. it works. sounds ok but not brilliant amplified, finish quality is alright, again not too hot but for that money i wasnt expecting a warwick. i did, however, expect a warwick when i ordered one from them last year... but thats another story for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Delivery was split in 2 parts
    Bits and pieces in one shipment and amp is second
    1st small box came on monday 8th and second came on wednesday
    Havent checked the amp yet, hope it likes my J45

• Advertisement

Weird problem, I put an order in yesterday, all items were in stock, I got the e-mail to day, processing the order, one item had "contact us for availability" rather than the usual in stock message, but I checked their site just now, and its still listed as in stock.

Whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

What are the chances of getting something that was ordered this afternoon (listed as in stock) by the 24th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Weird problem, I put an order in yesterday, all items were in stock, I got the e-mail to day, processing the order, one item had "contact us for availability" rather than the usual in stock message, but I checked their site just now, and its still listed as in stock.

Whats up with that?

The warehouse doofus lost it, most likely.

The warehouse doofus lost it, most likely.
    More than likley, I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I ordered 3 things last Wednesday (all in stock) and the order still hasn't been processed. Not going to make it for Xmas now obviously but I thought it would have had a better chance than that surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 samborastrat

Ok after many frustrating hours I think I sussed it out.......

Go to www.dhl.de,

Go to fourth tab from left at the top of page,Kunden-service

Then to Sendungsverfolgung,

Then to Sendungsverfolgung leicht gemacht

In the new window type the shipping number into the top box,

It should come up with the details.

Finally found a way!!:D:D

Same old problem with thomann-Hit and miss with shipping.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I had many an argument and dispute with them down through the years and found that you just can't win
    if I lived in dublin I would certainly be checking out this Xmusic place -I believe they match anything thomann sells- price wise- and you have no problem with late shipping and orders arriving 2 weeks late as mine once did here to The west of Ireland. Happy new year to all!!!
    Regards
    Rusty

Dont think X-Music will always match/beat thomanns price I recently bought a Takamine TAN15C. X-musics best price was €1350 and thomanns only €1159. I have heard a few people say that they will beat or match thomanns price but they couldnt get anywhere near it on this occasion. (Great guitar by the way for anyone looking to buy one) Also have rang a few times to make enquiries and my name and number is always taken and Im told that they will ring back and they never do, they might want to step up thier customer service. But still its good to have such a store in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Would anyone who's going to be ordering from Thomann be willing to order me a small part (€8) on top of their order ?

I need one of these and absolutely nowhere else has them, their min. order is €25 and then there's the €15 delivery but I'm not going to be getting anything for a good while.

186161.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Probably too long, but if you can wait 2-3 weeks ill throw it on with my next order?

Also, bought guitar, guitar amp, and bass amp from Thomann before - all perfect, faster than quoted delivery and great customer service

Advertisement