Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

efla wrote: »
    Probably too long, but if you can wait 2-3 weeks ill throw it on with my next order?

That'd be fab cheers, 2-3 weeks is better than nothing. Not sure if there's many buying from Thomann this weather, everyone went a bit nuts buying stuff from the UK over Xmas with the Pound being low.

Do you be in Dublin though ? Or are you near a Dublin bus route ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I am, in and out most days

Ill send you a PM in two weeks at the most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I may be away during Februray but drop me a PM anyways, I could meet up with you before hand to give you the tener. Thanks again .

Are there any issues with ordering from the UK website? Does the cheaper price still apply to Irish deliveries?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The English site is for English orders due to the VAT being adjusted. EU companies are supposed to adjust their VAT prices for the country their selling to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

feylya wrote: »
    The English site is for English orders due to the VAT being adjusted. EU companies are supposed to adjust their VAT prices for the country their selling to.

If you buy from a UK based company lets just coda-music.co.uk (who are alot cheaper than thomann at the minute) then you pay the 15% VAT and thats it. Once vat has been payed in an EU state and you are importing it into another you dont have to pay any more VAT. Thomann must have an VAT registered company in each of the countries they sell to.

So orders processed through the UK website to Ireland are subject to a further 15% charge?

If you buy from a UK based company lets just coda-music.co.uk (who are alot cheaper than thomann at the minute) then you pay the 15% VAT and thats it. Once vat has been payed in an EU state and you are importing it into another you dont have to pay any more VAT. Thomann must have an VAT registered company in each of the countries they sell to.

AFAIK, Coda are supposed to charge 21.5% VAT
    efla wrote: »
    So orders processed through the UK website to Ireland are subject to a further 15% charge?

No. The UK site is charged 15% VAT. The Irish site is charged 21.5%. The UK site most likely won't deliver to Ireland although I've never tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

AFAIK, Coda are supposed to charge 21.5% VAT
    AFAIK it depends on the size of the company and what proportion of their sales are exported out of the UK. IE a smallish company that doesn't do too much exporting is allowed to have a system/process that does not cope with other counries VAT rates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lukokanuko

I've used them on at least six occasions buying bulks of stuff from speakers to guitar strings and their prices are unbeatable. You often have to wait a week or maybe two depending but its definately worth it.

An expensive pair of AKG headphones broke themselves on me and I sent them back to them. They repaired and shipped them back within three weeks. The only annoying thing was i had to send the postage receipt over to germany in order to reclaim the initial shipping cost, which I was not bothered to do in the end..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Have spent at least 2 grand in Thomann over the years and they have been grand to deal with.

Had one problem, received a guitar with an amount of cosmetic damage around the jackplug and headstock. Mailed them and they replaced the guitar pretty much immediatley

Good guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Dave! wrote: »
    Looks like I shall be ordering this yoke off Thomann within the next few weeks
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_dp_30_rw_c.htm

Anyone had any problems ordering a piano from them before? That one looks alright to me!

Will delivery take ages coming up to Christmas?
    Hi Dave. Which piano did you get? The link isn't working now. Are you happy with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stewiethegreat

Hi,

Ordered 2 items from them 5 days ago. When I login to thomann it says:

"status: All items shipped on this order"

It also says that the order is closed.

However, in the 'More information' section it says that only one parcel was shipped via UPS.

This is quite confusing, especially taking into account that the second item is quite expensive and they've already charged me for both items!!!

Really confused...

Not trying to be smart but did you get in contact with them to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stewiethegreat

Not trying to be smart but did you get in contact with them to ask?

I've emailed them and they replied on the 3rd day. I've actually received both items, in good condition. Confusing though.

Another issue I have with them is that they charged me considerably more than I expected. I've asked about that 3 days ago as well, but no reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Ordered from them on the 2/4 and got it on the 8/4,which was pretty good. The parcel number they supplied me with only worked on the dhl germany site and the tracking info stopped once it left germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Thanks for that link,they have a dobro at €70 cheaper than Thomann with their 29 sterling delivery included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 O.o

I have nothing but kind words about Thomann. Never had one bad experience with them (hopefully won't have any in the future either).

I ordered a new amp from them a few days ago, they got the payment and it's been shipped, so all being well it should be here in a few days.

Ordered a 7-string from them around new year, it came about 4 days after they got the money, so I would definitely recommend them.

Also, those prices...are unbeatable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 born of fire

hey dude did dhl ring u b4 they delivered ur gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Sometimes DHL ring, sometimes they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭tim0ney

I ordered a keyboard and audio interface from Thomann there on the 8th, it'll be interesting to see when they arrive. Bad thing is im in work from 9-8 fro the next two days solid, so i'll definitely miss DHL if they arrive then - can someone else who lives in the house sign for it? Or can I just collect it from the post office or summat? or get it delivered to work maybe (if they call is suppose)

On the topic of other good vendors, being from Meath I always found the Sound Shop in Drogheda to be really good, the guys there know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Has anyone tried the Bank Transfer method of payment with them? It would be the handiest, but just wondering how others got on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RedMarko

I used them in the last 2 weeks. I ballsed up my first order, and had a second going for delivery to the UK. They were cool, cancelled the whole thing and set me straight.

I used the bank t/f - you can get a 2% dicsount if you're willing to add the couple of days.

They are top class - used them twice (3 if you could the order going to the UK) and never let me down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dramatic Exit

I bought a guitar from Thomann a year or two ago. One of the pick-ups wasn't responding so we took it in to get repaired in Dublin. Then we contacted them about it and, after scanning the receipt, they refunded the cost of the repair. Very impressed :)

I bought a guitar from Thomann a year or two ago. One of the pick-ups wasn't responding so we took it in to get repaired in Dublin. Then we contacted them about it and, after scanning the receipt, they refunded the cost of the repair. Very impressed :)

I have just had my first negative experience with Thomann after being very vocal in the past at their excellent service I am on the verge of never using them again after spending well over €8,000 with them.

I bought a new Dynacord powermate 1000 mk2 from them on the 21st of June and received it on the 30th no problems there. However the last time I used it I noticed that one of the sides wasn’t working (a common fault in the powermate range) so I phoned them up and they said they would organize UPS to come and collect it which would take 5 days or so it would then take another 3-4 working days for them to receive it. On their website it says that they are out of stock and that a new shipment is due in 2-5 days, despite this they said that they wouldnt have them in for a number of weeks when I questioned them on this they said the website was wrong but later said that there was a shipment due in 2-5 days but all the units were already sold and would be going straight back out again and that it would be 5-6 weeks before they have another one. I said no problem I will go down the repair route and I asked how long this would take and they told me 6-8 weeks!, I then informed them that this is unacceptable that I was a full time musician and I needed it sorted out more quickly than what they were offering as my livelihood deepened on it, they then told me I could rent one while I was waiting and I asked would I reimbursed for the cost of this, to which they replied no, so I will be left without I desk for a minimum of 5 weeks no matter what. My only other option is to send it back which will take up to 10 days and get a refund which will take another 4-5 days for some reason and go and buy another one somewhere else which is a pain in the arse and I will still have to rent one either way. I am not impressed.

I also asked them could I bring it to a Dynacord dealer here to have the repair done and they said that this wasn’t allowed.

I am currently having a bit of a ding dong with them.

I bought Cubase 5 off them about 3 weeks ago, it arrived 4 days later, I signed for it and as I was going away for the weekend just left it inside the house as I ran out the door. Came home after the weekend, went off to install, opened it up and it has no installation discs in it, only the USB Key and the manual and an empty cd holder.

Have emailed them twice and have only received automated replies. Have had a lot on so have not had time to phone them but if I get nothing more concrete from them this weekend I am going ball them out of it on Monday

Update

Received the disc this morning with an apology email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Ordered a small bundle off them 30/08/09. Texted me that the order was moving the following day, all fine so far.

Started tracking it through nolp.dhl link, all seemed fine up till 02/09/09 then it seemed to stop...got onto DHL, given a tracking Rep who deals with missing parcels, She rang me this morning to tell me the parcel was held as there was some issue with the address? So, supposedly its been sent back to Thomann on Monday 07/09/09.

E mailled Thomann this morning to advise them of the situation with DHL. Waiting for a reply. Any of you guys have this happen to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

After contacting Thomann and telling them that DHL had informed me that my parcel wasn't in fact lost, but being returned to Thomann due to possible mislabeling(ever so slightly bending the truth) The very helpful guy I spoke to in Thomann said that he would send a replacement, I asked to have it sent by UPS to avoid anymore confusion.

Have continued to track said replacement up untill this morning and having spoken to UPS this morning I expected delivery today, great news.

12.30PM the postman rings my doorbell.........."your not UPS??? I say to him and we had a brief chat about DHL ;) Anyway, I unwrap my parcel to find said order brilliant I think, noticing the original order details and thomann Reps name on it.....think nothing of it and carry on with my day.

Within the hour a UPS van pulls up outside my house!!!! YEP you guessed it, to deliver the replacement parcel.:rolleyes: I rang Thomann to explain the situation and after a giggle and a return call to my mobile they are going to E mail details to arrange collection of said wandering parcel.

So..if your parcel from Thomann has mysteriously stopped in its progress to you or has dissapeared off the face of the planet in these days of barcodes and live tracking! draw some hope from my experience with DHL....I'm not saying that the DHL rep outright lied to me, more a case of she rolled out the usual "its been returned to the sender because...." line. Infact it seems that the parcel spent seven days in a warehouse somewhere waiting for someone to pick up the ball again. Its all good though, parcel here, stuff is the business and my 16 year old son is off my back!!!! :D

• Advertisement

iceage wrote: »
    After contacting Thomann and telling them that DHL had informed me that my parcel wasn't in fact lost, but being returned to Thomann due to possible mislabeling(ever so slightly bending the truth) The very helpful guy I spoke to in Thomann said that he would send a replacement, I asked to have it sent by UPS to avoid anymore confusion.

Have continued to track said replacement up untill this morning and having spoken to UPS this morning I expected delivery today, great news.

12.30PM the postman rings my doorbell.........."your not UPS??? I say to him and we had a brief chat about DHL ;) Anyway, I unwrap my parcel to find said order brilliant I think, noticing the original order details and thomann Reps name on it.....think nothing of it and carry on with my day.

Within the hour a UPS van pulls up outside my house!!!! YEP you guessed it, to deliver the replacement parcel.:rolleyes: I rang Thomann to explain the situation and after a giggle and a return call to my mobile they are going to E mail details to arrange collection of said wandering parcel.

So..if your parcel from Thomann has mysteriously stopped in its progress to you or has dissapeared off the face of the planet in these days of barcodes and live tracking! draw some hope from my experience with DHL....I'm not saying that the DHL rep outright lied to me, more a case of she rolled out the usual "its been returned to the sender because...." line. Infact it seems that the parcel spent seven days in a warehouse somewhere waiting for someone to pick up the ball again. Its all good though, parcel here, stuff is the business and my 16 year old son is off my back!!!! :D

The very same thing happened to me before with DHL and they gave me the very same excuse.

On my issue. UPS only collected my faulty Dyancord yesterday after 2-3 weeks of waiting. Thomann in the meantime got a new one in stock for me and have it on hold and have said as soon as the return arrives they will ship the new unit.

Advertisement