Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

I've used thomann for an amp , pedals , gig bags , pickups and they're great , everything i ordered came in 4 days . And their prices are great;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Well, for me Thomann are faster than most for shipping delivery etc, but my last purchase took a bit longer because I wasn't home and wasn't notified of a failed delivery on DHL's behalf. I contacted the site and they emailed me back after a day. They said that they would send it straight back out with no extra fees. I got it 2 days afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

Hi all

I ordered a large item from Thomann on 17 November. The item wasn't in stock but was due in around the 20th November. I checked again on the 19th and it said expected tomorrow. Checked on the 20th and it was in. Nice.

It's now the 2nd and my order is still not processed. This is a Christmas present. It's been in stock for 12 days (nearly 2 weeks) and despite numerous emails, nobody has replied to me or processed the order.

Giving them a call tomorrow to find out what's going on. I thought their customer care would only be German until I read this thread.

Anyone experienced this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey has anyone deal with Thomann after having a problem with an instrument?

I have a digital piano that I got off them about a year ago, and one of the keys is broken :( The weight seems to have detatched from the key, so it feels bad and makes a noise when I press it.

How would they rectify this? Send someone out to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭noodle650

Ive ordered maybe 3 or 4k worth of equipment off them and have never had 1 problem other than a faulty speaker amp. This was collected by UPS the shipping was payed for by thomann and i recieved a brand new one 5 days later.

I hate it when people comlain about shipping...for a start, you are not going to get 2 or 3 day shipping from germany to Ireland, because our postal system sucks b*lls, €15 flat from germany to Ireland is a great price with DHL.
    i find that if the order is made on a sunday evening you will have your gear by friday.
    With people complaining that an item is in stock and it takes 2 weeks to ship this obviously is due to either postal strikes, a botch up by DHL or the web page wasnt updated to show the item was out of stock!.

Now will people please realise how good the service they offer is...an amazing range of equipment with a 30 day money back and a 3 year guarantee!! people this company is the shizzle for budget buyers

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »

I have a digital piano that I got off them about a year ago, and one of the keys is broken :( The weight seems to have detatched from the key, so it feels bad and makes a noise when I press it.

send their customer support a message, i dont know where the guarantee stands in all of this as it isnt actually broken.

Ciaran187 wrote: »
    Hi all

I ordered a large item from Thomann on 17 November. The item wasn't in stock but was due in around the 20th November. I checked again on the 19th and it said expected tomorrow. Checked on the 20th and it was in. Nice.

It's now the 2nd and my order is still not processed. This is a Christmas present. It's been in stock for 12 days (nearly 2 weeks) and despite numerous emails, nobody has replied to me or processed the order.

Giving them a call tomorrow to find out what's going on. I thought their customer care would only be German until I read this thread.

Anyone experienced this before?
    if it is over 35kg or over a certain W/H/D then they have to ship it via a seperate freight company which takes far longer to process and ship (up to 2 weeks i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

[QUOTE our postal system sucks b*lls[/QUOTE]

I think An Post provide an excellent service and I have never had any problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

I ordered a few pieces from them on the 10th, arrived yesterday with the trademark 2 inch dent through both layers of cardboard, items inside are spotless though so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

noodle650 wrote: »
    Ive ordered maybe 3 or 4k worth of equipment off them and have never had 1 problem other than a faulty speaker amp.

[...]

I hate it when people comlain about shipping...for a start, you are not going to get 2 or 3 day shipping from germany to Ireland, because our postal system sucks b*lls, €15 flat from germany to Ireland is a great price with DHL.
    i find that if the order is made on a sunday evening you will have your gear by friday.
    With people complaining that an item is in stock and it takes 2 weeks to ship this obviously is due to either postal strikes, a botch up by DHL or the web page wasnt updated to show the item was out of stock!.

Hi all

Just to update you on this. I had sent loads of emails and made loads of calls (which were never returned). Couldn't get an answer. Long and short of it is, the item arrived in perfect condition. After a few more calls, I finally got through to someone who said "Oh, I'm very sorry. That should have gone out a long time ago. That's our mistake and I'm very sorry. I'll personally see to it that that gets shipped next Tuesday".

That's all I wanted. Everyone makes mistakes, every computer system makes mistakes. I just wanted a real answer. Don't get me wrong - I'm not going mad at Thomann. They're still going to be my first choice when ordering. Just this one experience annoyed me when nobody would address a problem.

If I realised their customer care spoke English, I wouldn't have wasted so much time on email.

Noodle - Thanks for that. She explained that to me too. The large items are shipped once a week (Tuesday) and I had it on Friday. Perfect.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi all

Just to update you on this. I had sent loads of emails and made loads of calls (which were never returned). Couldn't get an answer. Long and short of it is, the item arrived in perfect condition. After a few more calls, I finally got through to someone who said "Oh, I'm very sorry. That should have gone out a long time ago. That's our mistake and I'm very sorry. I'll personally see to it that that gets shipped next Tuesday".

That's all I wanted. Everyone makes mistakes, every computer system makes mistakes. I just wanted a real answer. Don't get me wrong - I'm not going mad at Thomann. They're still going to be my first choice when ordering. Just this one experience annoyed me when nobody would address a problem.

If I realised their customer care spoke English, I wouldn't have wasted so much time on email.

Noodle - Thanks for that. She explained that to me too. The large items are shipped once a week (Tuesday) and I had it on Friday. Perfect.

Cheers.

No worries mate :) glad to hear you got your item successfuly!

have a good Christmas all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cheers.

That may be very relevant to me. Ordered E200 of gear last wednesday, instant payment via Mastercard. All items in stock. Its still "Open; Order Being Commisioned" as I type this. I expected a delay this time of year but I was hoping it would have been shipped within a week an thus getting to me just after christmas. Part of my order is a pair of speaker stands(only 80-90cm high when stored), would they count as large orders? This could account for the delay if there is only a single truck coming on a tuesday, missed last weeks and this weeks would be very busy. Do speakers stands count as large items?

Looking back my amp(21KGs) was ordered monday and shipped tuesday afternoon at half one:) Here's to hoping they're open on the 29th..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

is it just me or does anyone prefer to hae played the guitar before they buy it? for that reason i wont buy a guitar online...

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shep1

is it just me or does anyone prefer to hae played the guitar before they buy it? for that reason i wont buy a guitar online...

I wouldn't buy a guitar online....and I don't know anyone who has. I think if you find a guitar that you'd like online at a good price go into the music shops in town and ask them to match it or come close to it, then you'll have some back up if it goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

shep1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy a guitar online....and I don't know anyone who has. I think if you find a guitar that you'd like online at a good price go into the music shops in town and ask them to match it or come close to it, then you'll have some back up if it goes wrong.

Nice try, Mr. Walton.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Dave! wrote: »

dont all thomann products have a 3 year warranty now??in which case you'll have to email them and get them to arrange ups/dhl to come pick it up for repair etc...

iv got guitars and pedals of thomann before and everything went to plan. however i have serious reservations about xmusic i got a midi keyboard off them at christmas and my god the customer services was god awful. every call i made i kept getting flung around departments and not once got answers to my questions. eventually i had to buy a completely different product altogether when the product mysteriously wasn't delivered by the supplier despite the xmusic website saying it was in stock.

stick to the ole stereotype of germans being the most efficient country in the world!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Trying to buy something off Thomann, but they say no restock until 9 Feb. Can they usually be trusted on this? Has to be here for a birthday on the 3 March?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Got a link? I wouldnt always trust anything that is expected to come into stock. Might be able to find it on another site. Try the following:

www.gak.co.uk
    www.dv247.com
    www.dolphinmusic.co.uk
    www.soundslive.co.uk
    www.musicstore.de
    www.totalmusicsupply.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Thanks for the links. I'm looking for a junior drum kit and Thomann seem to have the cheapest and biggest, even amongst those links.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I have bought guitars, amps, mixers, PA speakers, pedals and parts from thomann and have never had a problem with anything.

Plus I like the (fresh from the box free of previous dirty trial playing marks) side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Or maybe even go into the music shop first to try out the guitar and then buy from Thomann or the UK sites to save a fortune. ;)

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask (new to the music instruments forum, never posted here before I don't think); do you guys get nailed for VAT or Tax or Duty costs, etc. with Thomann at all?

Also, i believe I read somewhere in this thread that if a purchase/package weighs over a certain amount, it takes longer to deliver. Can i ask, is there any official info on this, or can you check the weight of your order before buying?

Also, I read that it takes approx. 4 days for a delivery to arrive; but the post that I read that from was posted early last year. Is this still the case? I don't mind waiting longer, but obviously the sooner the better.

Cheers to anyone able to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shep1

efla wrote: »
    I have bought guitars, amps, mixers, PA speakers, pedals and parts from thomann and have never had a problem with anything.

Plus I like the (fresh from the box free of previous dirty trial playing marks) side of it.

Yeah point taken!
    Amps, PA Spks, pedals, mixers, all strong sturdy units and not much can go wrong there, but a guitar is different, and a friend of mine who works in X Music said they could get six guitars of the same make & model and they could all feel very different > some not so good as others...what if you get the not so good one :(
    Shep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask (new to the music instruments forum, never posted here before I don't think); do you guys get nailed for VAT or Tax or Duty costs, etc. with Thomann at all?

Also, i believe I read somewhere in this thread that if a purchase/package weighs over a certain amount, it takes longer to deliver. Can i ask, is there any official info on this, or can you check the weight of your order before buying?

Also, I read that it takes approx. 4 days for a delivery to arrive; but the post that I read that from was posted early last year. Is this still the case? I don't mind waiting longer, but obviously the sooner the better.

Cheers to anyone able to help :)

You only have to pay VAT and Duty on items coming from outside the EU ie US, Japan, Channel Islands etc. No VAT or Duty if coming from Germany, UK etc

IMHO the key thing with buying online is to ask the seller questions about their policy on returns before you buy and then be willing to send the item back if you are not 100% happy with it. You may need to send it back more than once.

You only have to pay VAT and Duty on items coming from outside the EU ie US, Japan, Channel Islands etc. No VAT or Duty if coming from Germany, UK etc

IMHO the key thing with buying online is to ask the seller questions about their policy on returns before you buy and then be willing to send the item back if you are not 100% happy with it. You may need to send it back more than once.

That's grand so. I didn't even know Germany was in the EU. Goes to show how strong my knowledge and interest in the world is. :o

I may justmake an order off them today or tomorrow then. Cheers Johnny Storm!

Made an order.

Ordered a €98 guitar starter pack and a guitar stand. Reeived my order confirmation via email and it said i only bought a stand.

I contacted them and they said the guitar was out of stock and was no longer being manufactured (it was marked as in stock). Chose another guitar (marked as in-stock) and they said it wouldn't be in stock until 11/03/1020.

By this point I was getting a little peeved.

Picked another guitar (this time went for one that cost €125) and asked if there was any chance I could get a faster shipping service (i knew that'd cost more but im impatient) so it could be here faster.

They sent me my confirmation details again. They only charged me €98 for the €125. They gave me free shipping because it was their fault it the first guitar was marked in stock, and on top of that, because I mentioned it, they even gave me express shipping!

Hats off to Thomann. A bit of messing around, but they rectified the issue and are probably costing themselves money to sell me the guitar. I'd recommend them to anyone and if I do manage to learn guitar and get on OK, and ever decide to upgrade my guitar/amp etc. or need to buy any musical gear, they'll be my first port of call!

Thank you Thomann!

Can't wait for my guitar to arrive :(

Made an order.

Ordered a €98 guitar starter pack and a guitar stand. Reeived my order confirmation via email and it said i only bought a stand.

I contacted them and they said the guitar was out of stock and was no longer being manufactured (it was marked as in stock). Chose another guitar (marked as in-stock) and they said it wouldn't be in stock until 11/03/1020.

By this point I was getting a little peeved.

Picked another guitar (this time went for one that cost €125) and asked if there was any chance I could get a faster shipping service (i knew that'd cost more but im impatient) so it could be here faster.

They sent me my confirmation details again. They only charged me €98 for the €125. They gave me free shipping because it was their fault it the first guitar was marked in stock, and on top of that, because I mentioned it, they even gave me express shipping!

Hats off to Thomann. A bit of messing around, but they rectified the issue and are probably costing themselves money to sell me the guitar. I'd recommend them to anyone and if I do manage to learn guitar and get on OK, and ever decide to upgrade my guitar/amp etc. or need to buy any musical gear, they'll be my first port of call!

Thank you Thomann!

Can't wait for my guitar to arrive :(

Sounds like good service alright. Delivery is usually 4 days from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

4 days from thomann is pretty optimistic if you live anywhere outside a main delivery zone. I like in county waterford and delivery has varied from 7 working days to 3 weeks......

dermo909 wrote: »
    4 days from thomann is pretty optimistic if you live anywhere outside a main delivery zone. I like in county waterford and delivery has varied from 7 working days to 3 weeks......

I have got gear in 4 days from them. I suppose it's a bit optimistic to expect all deliveries that quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 milnerrm

thomann is the business...just got myself a few sweet bits of hardware for my drumkit!! would have cost a fortune in a music store here...

Advertisement