Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Ordered some stuff from them Sunday and got confirmation it had been shipped Monday, I have a tracking no. but it doesn't seem to work on the DHL site. Does it only work when the parcel comes into the country ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Ordered some stuff from them Sunday and got confirmation it had been shipped Monday, I have a tracking no. but it doesn't seem to work on the DHL site. Does it only work when the parcel comes into the country ?

Same here, not the easiest system to operate - Any ideas what the story is lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kamil12l

Hi,

I don't want my order to by lost somewhere in the post office because of the wrong delivery address. The form on the website has only one line for address and you need to enter a zip code. So can anyone who had ordered from thomann and he got his delivery on time and who also lives in Dublin tell me how would he enter this address :confused:
    e.g.
    1 Cabra Rd.
    Cabra
    Dublin 7
    Co.Dublin
    Tell how would you enter this address as an example.

Thanks, :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Kamil12l wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't want my order to by lost somewhere in the post office because of the wrong delivery address. The form on the website has only one line for address and you need to enter a zip code. So can anyone who had ordered from thomann and he got his delivery on time and who also lives in Dublin tell me how would he enter this address :confused:
    e.g.
    1 Cabra Rd.
    Cabra
    Dublin 7
    Co.Dublin
    Tell how would you enter this address as an example.

Thanks, :cool:

Name,
    1 Cabra RD., Cabra,
    Dublin 7
    Co. Dublin
    Ireland

No zip here, so always us 'N/A'

Name,
    1 Cabra RD., Cabra,
    Dublin 7
    Co. Dublin
    Ireland

No zip here, so always us 'N/A'

Would you enter 1 Cabra RD., Cabra, Dublin 7 Co. Dublin all in one line and then just for the city Dublin :confused:

• Advertisement

Kamil12l wrote: »
    Would you enter 1 Cabra RD., Cabra, Dublin 7 Co. Dublin all in one line and then just for the city Dublin :confused:

I would put 1st and 2nd address line in the same line if there is only one line.
    TBH, i don't think it will make a whole lot of difference if the 'Cabra' line is in the same line as '1 Cabra Rd' or in the 'Dublin 7' line.

The delivery guy shouldn't have a problem reading it. I can't remember if they call your mobile to let you know that there is a delivery nearby or to ask for directions .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

cian1500ww wrote: »
    you can track it on DHL germany site. http://www.dhl.de/en.html just use the parcel numbers you get from thomann.

I ordered lots of stuff from them and I use this link to track the shipment. When it says arrived in destination country it's usually delivered next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Am looking to order a takamine eg340sc from thomann. When I was on the order page I seen that I could get a bundle with a bag and stand for a few euro extra. The price of guitar is 377 but if I go on the uk site its about 350. Shipping is free as its over 199 euro, problem is the 350 price is only valid for uk orders.

Ive added the bundle to the basket on the uk store and then changed to the irish store and its kept the cheaper price. If I order this will it go through or will i get an email from them saying something like thanks, nice try etc?

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

-Al- wrote: »
    Am looking to order a takamine eg340sc from thomann. When I was on the order page I seen that I could get a bundle with a bag and stand for a few euro extra. The price of guitar is 377 but if I go on the uk site its about 350. Shipping is free as its over 199 euro, problem is the 350 price is only valid for uk orders.

Ive added the bundle to the basket on the uk store and then changed to the irish store and its kept the cheaper price. If I order this will it go through or will i get an email from them saying something like thanks, nice try etc?

Ta

The difference in price is due to the different VAT rates between Ireland and the UK. You need to order from the Irish store.

On a completely seperate note, I called Thomann today regarding an order I made a couple of days ago. The guy who answered was great to deal with and spoke great English. Actually... judging from his accent I think he was English. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Dord wrote: »
    The difference in price is due to the different VAT rates between Ireland and the UK. You need to order from the Irish store.

On a completely seperate note, I called Thomann today regarding an order I made a couple of days ago. The guy who answered was great to deal with and spoke great English. Actually... judging from his accent I think he was English. :o

Ah of course....booo, spotted it a few places cheaper than them so :(

thanks for the reply

• Advertisement

I would put 1st and 2nd address line in the same line if there is only one line.
    TBH, i don't think it will make a whole lot of difference if the 'Cabra' line is in the same line as '1 Cabra Rd' or in the 'Dublin 7' line.

The delivery guy shouldn't have a problem reading it. I can't remember if they call your mobile to let you know that there is a delivery nearby or to ask for directions .

Ok :) Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

I ordered my stuff on monday last. I got the tracking number and everything, because of a previous incident with lost stuff. I've been tracking the package and since friday its been in Koln in Germany. I know that it might not have updated over the weekend but i was wondering if the ash cloud woul have anything to do with it...

Help?

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    I ordered my stuff on monday last. I got the tracking number and everything, because of a previous incident with lost stuff. I've been tracking the package and since friday its been in Koln in Germany. I know that it might not have updated over the weekend but i was wondering if the ash cloud woul have anything to do with it...

Thomann don't do feck ups. There shouldn't be a problem with them.

Thomann don't do feck ups. There shouldn't be a problem with them.

I got it this morning, but DHL didnt deliver it, i got it in the post...weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Hmm, ordered a few things in stock on the 18th at around 2pm. Got the normal email. They didn't even start collecting until today and on the Mythomann page it says this...still.

ordering date: 19.05.2010 (wtf)
    kind of order: customer request/order

status: Commissioning in process - Items are being collected.

Is this normal? Three days for them to package items?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

thats not normal if its in stock commissioning only lasts a few hours.my guess would be that its not actually in stock but wasnt updated on the website. i ordered some gear on the 13th still not here but at least i can track it.for some random reason it arrived in dublin and was sent to a sorting office in portlaoise and now its gonna come back up here!makes no sense!!
    Current Status
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    20-May-10

Item History

Activity

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS
    20-May-10

ITEM RECEIVED
    PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS
    20-May-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Got the text like 30 minutes after making the post that it was being shipped. I dunno, bad luck i suppose. Wouldn't have got it until Monday anyways.

They done the same portlaoise stuff when I used to get stuff from Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sampras

do they accept paypal can't see it anywhere on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Hi sampras, I don't think they take paypal, you'll have to register your credit card with them when you set up your account. They're very safe, I've used them for over 5 years and have never had any bother with them. As a matter of interest, have you looked at xmusic in Dublin, some of their prices are lower , they say they'll match any thomann price and their carriage is cheaper. Best of luck, happy shopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 sampras

Beave wrote: »
    Hi sampras, I don't think they take paypal, you'll have to register your credit card with them when you set up your account. They're very safe, I've used them for over 5 years and have never had any bother with them. As a matter of interest, have you looked at xmusic in Dublin, some of their prices are lower , they say they'll match any thomann price and their carriage is cheaper. Best of luck, happy shopping
    been looking on there but i'm only interested in buying a straight stand and new hi hat clutch for my drums price is very reasonable!

Their own brand stands are pretty good alright, I've about 3 of them, one broke on me last week on the swivel joint when it fell over, but bar that I find them great.

Hey Sampras, did you get the B8 hats off kevindrummer after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If I order an amp from thomann, will it have a proper Ireland/Uk 3 pin plug, or just a european one with an adaptor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

If I order an amp from thomann, will it have a proper Ireland/Uk 3 pin plug, or just a european one with an adaptor?

It will be a 2 pin but you can easily replace it with a 3 pin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I ordered speakers and they had the EU Plug, sucks. Had to get an adaptor.

Sandvich wrote: »
    I ordered speakers and they had the EU Plug, sucks. Had to get an adaptor.
    Hey there sandvich, just cut off the eu plug and put on a 3 pin one, it'll take 5mins. I wouldn't use an adaptor if there's an amp involved, the connection wouldn't be solid enough for me.

You get quality gear for the price you pay on Thomann, you save alot more than the cost of a plug top.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

hey in the recent thomann hot deals newsletter thing that they send out it says that they will be introducing paypal as a method of paying - for those who don't know (not sure if it's up and running for the irish site yet though, it said over the next few weeks/months i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

My Fender Rumble 210 100W came with a nice matching black 3 pin plug from Thomann. So some stuff does come with 3 pin plugs already fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I got a Digitech Vocalist and Line6 Pocket Pod from Thomann, which both have two pin plugs... The plugs seems to incorporate an ac-dc converter so I cant just cut off the two pin and replace with three pin. Any suggestions, besides using those awkward converters..

Advertisement