Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just to give an idea of how good Thomann are.

Ordered a Novation Launchpad and a Boss TU-3 yesterday at about 6pm. Emailed them an hour later asking them to change the order to the Novation Launchpad Bag Bundle and the pedal, got no email back. Today at 3pm I got an email saying the whole lot had been shipped, including the bag. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jazzme

I got my Epiphone LP Custom from them a year back. Nice sounding instrument but I had a little problem with the action, tried adjusting the bridge and nothing works so I settled for light strings and that seemed to correct the ringing on high frets. After a year it seemd that the problem re-occured so I figured I let a professional deal with it. Took it to guitar shop hoping for a quick 20 euro fix to adjust my truss rod (because I dare not touch it). When I came back the chap told me that the neck was severly warped and he tried adjusting the rod but it has no bite. Being an LP where necks are glued in repairs quoted was very dear so I decided to go for the 3 year warranty. UPS collected free of charge and I was a happy man. A week and a half had passed and no word from thomann. Called them and was informed that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for repairs. I dont use my guitar for my livelyhood but I do practise once a week with my band (now I am completely useless). Asked them if I can have store credit instead and buy another guitar got a big NO:(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

guys quike question . . . i need a decent set of headohones for studio use , am i able to order a set of headphones and try them out and if they are not the ones for me or dont have the bass im looking for am i able to send them back ??

they have a 30 day money back policy, and I think they even pick it up for free

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

Hope this is in the right place to post this, apologies if not.

I was going to order a Zoom H4N (w/ 4 gb SD Card) for €329 from thomann. http://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_h4_n.htm (They give you an own brand 4gb SD card worth €14 effectively for free, they throw it in as part of a bundle: http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundle_527.html?gk=strdmo&cbcid=3630&art=125670). I have a 4gb SD card anyway, so wasn't pushed on that score, but still, pretty good deal and price one might think.

Just to be sure, I checked http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/ and digital village.co.uk - www.dv247.com. After converting from sterling using xe.com - they both charge around €355 for the same product (no free SD card) (gak: £299; digital village: £279 plus £15 postage to Ireland). Then you might have credit card charges etc.

So then I tried waltons.ie, to be complete and it turns out that they have the exact same product for €289. I also rang x-music and they will order it in for the same price. So that's a saving of €30. If you want an 4GB SD Card, you can get same from Argos for €12 (http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5707391/Trail/searchtext%3ESD+CARD.htm), still leaving you with a saving of about €18.

I just thought I'd post it because I was surprised. I don't check those websites much so I can't say if it's a one off with regard to this yoke or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shep1

rustyregan wrote: »
    Hope this is in the right place to post this, apologies if not.

I was going to order a Zoom H4N (w/ 4 gb SD Card) for €329 from thomann. http://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_h4_n.htm (They give you an own brand 4gb SD card worth €14 effectively for free, they throw it in as part of a bundle: http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundle_527.html?gk=strdmo&cbcid=3630&art=125670). I have a 4gb SD card anyway, so wasn't pushed on that score, but still, pretty good deal and price one might think.

Just to be sure, I checked http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/ and digital village.co.uk - www.dv247.com. After converting from sterling using xe.com - they both charge around €355 for the same product (no free SD card) (gak: £299; digital village: £279 plus £15 postage to Ireland). Then you might have credit card charges etc.

So then I tried waltons.ie, to be complete and it turns out that they have the exact same product for €289. I also rang x-music and they will order it in for the same price. So that's a saving of €30. If you want an 4GB SD Card, you can get same from Argos for €12 (http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5707391/Trail/searchtext%3ESD+CARD.htm), still leaving you with a saving of about €18.

I just thought I'd post it because I was surprised. I don't check those websites much so I can't say if it's a one off with regard to this yoke or not.

Fair play Rusty, well spotted!
    Good to know Irish shops are beginning to compete with European online shops.
    Thanks for sharing!

jazzme wrote: »
    I got my Epiphone LP Custom from them a year back. Nice sounding instrument but I had a little problem with the action, tried adjusting the bridge and nothing works so I settled for light strings and that seemed to correct the ringing on high frets. After a year it seemd that the problem re-occured so I figured I let a professional deal with it. Took it to guitar shop hoping for a quick 20 euro fix to adjust my truss rod (because I dare not touch it). When I came back the chap told me that the neck was severly warped and he tried adjusting the rod but it has no bite. Being an LP where necks are glued in repairs quoted was very dear so I decided to go for the 3 year warranty. UPS collected free of charge and I was a happy man. A week and a half had passed and no word from thomann. Called them and was informed that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for repairs. I dont use my guitar for my livelyhood but I do practise once a week with my band (now I am completely useless). Asked them if I can have store credit instead and buy another guitar got a big NO:(.

Called Thomann and this is getting really rediculous, they said that they cannot fix the problem and sent my guitar back to epiphone, The sad part is its another 3 to 4 weeks on top of the 3 to 4 weeks they told me the last time.If I only knew this is how the 3 year warranty works I should have just taken it to a guitar shop shoulder the expenses rather than to wait more than two moths for a repair. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Just got my latest parcel from Thomann today. No complaints really although it did arrive with An Post whereas I thought it was coming with DHL because it was a big enough package (Like 4 ft. long, 18 kilos) and it was in their tracking system so thumbs down to DHL but thumbs up to An Post and thumbs down to me for ordering the wrong kind of velcro tape but thumbs up to Gator for supplying some with the pedal board and thumbs up to Thomann for getting the order totally right.

just got my oder today , pretty quick , ordered it last Tuesday.but the bass guitar i ordered had been played and not cleaned right , the strings were dirty and there were scruff marks on it ( could whipe off) and finger prints on the silver wear , wasnt happy with this atall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Just got this email from Thomann:

"We have just received notification from DHL that the lorry containing your delivery to Ireland was involved in an accident. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience but we will of course send you a replacement delivery straight away. This will unfortunately result in a slight delay but we can assure you that we are dealing with this as a matter of urgency and you will receive confirmation by email as soon as this second shipment has been made and you can expect delivery after this date within 3-5 working days. You will incur no extra costs."

I had been wondering why it left Germany but never made it to Ireland. Was dispatched Saturday last, so if you had something coming at the same time and it is delayed you may want to contact them.

Good customer support from Thomann though, they are sending a replacement straight away and not making me wait round for their insurance to pay up or anything.

• Advertisement

after a month and a half Thomann finally gave me the option of store credit or refund on my guitar. The 3 year warranty works afterall. After all the trouble I think I will still stick with thomann because its very seldom that a company will give you a full refund especially if the instrument has been with you for more than a year. I ended up buying another guitar from them. :D

jazzme wrote: »
    after a month and a half Thomann finally gave me the option of store credit or refund on my guitar. The 3 year warranty works afterall. After all the trouble I think I will still stick with thomann because its very seldom that a company will give you a full refund especially if the instrument has been with you for more than a year. I ended up buying another guitar from them. :D

what did you say what was wrong , like what did you say for them to take it back after a year ? thats really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Gavmacf1

have been buying all my gear from them for the past 3 years. brilliant service, best prices. had a fault with one item, they had it picked up and shipped back to me in 3 weeks, good as new. Wouldnt buy gear anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

Gavmacf1 wrote: »
    best prices

Not necessarily. Although I have always found them very easy to deal with. In fairness, I've bought a few items from dolphinmusic.co.uk and found them very good - and one of the items I returned and got a replacement with absolutely no problems or hassle at all. With the stronger pound, I'd shop eurozone now though.

rustyregan wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Although I have always found them very easy to deal with. In fairness, I've bought a few items from dolphinmusic.co.uk and found them very good - and one of the items I returned and got a replacement with absolutely no problems or hassle at all. With the stronger pound, I'd shop eurozone now though.

Thomann have not got the best prices but determining the customer experience with the criteria of price, choice of stock and efficiency , Thomann come out over any other online retailer in this neck of the woods....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

The Jet City 20 Watter was under 400 a while back... now closer to 500...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

briany wrote: »
    Thomann have not got the best prices but determining the customer experience with the criteria of price, choice of stock and efficiency , Thomann come out over any other online retailer in this neck of the woods....

Where have the best price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Was told by Thomann that my order was shipped last Sat -25th

When should i expect delivery ? Or when should i expect the box--large one- to be in Ireland

They gave me a tracking number but An Post tracking website is not recognizing it so I presume that means it has not reached ireland yet.
    Sat to Thurs seems like a long time to get a delivery into Ireland or am I wrong there?
    I emailed Thomann but all they will say is that I can start tracking it with the tracking number provied as soon as it comes into Ireland

Rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Does anybody know of a good pre-paid credit card I could use in Thomann?

I plan on buying a few bits and pieces pretty soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

I have a Payzone prepaid Mastercard. - http://www.payzone.ie/
    The charges are a bit steep though:mad:, I reckon 3V is the way to go.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

MiCrOMaN1 wrote: »
    I have a Payzone prepaid Mastercard. - http://www.payzone.ie/
    The charges are a bit steep though:mad:, I reckon 3V is the way to go.:)

I was having a look into a 3v but the maximum you can spend is 350 or 500 or something along those lines. Seems a bit restrictive :eek:

Sure i'l take a look at the prepaid Mastercards

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

Just got my latest parcel from Thomann today. No complaints really although it did arrive with An Post whereas I thought it was coming with DHL because it was a big enough package (Like 4 ft. long, 18 kilos) and it was in their tracking system so thumbs down to DHL but thumbs up to An Post and thumbs down to me for ordering the wrong kind of velcro tape but thumbs up to Gator for supplying some with the pedal board and thumbs up to Thomann for getting the order totally right.

I gave you a thumbs up because I thought there was room for one more thumbs up in that post! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I bought this stuff from Thomann recently. I am delighted with it so far but I haven't had a chance to really crank up the volume yet :). One thing that I did find quite odd was that they shipped a European 2 pin power chord with it. I called them up to complain and happily they shipped me a couple of 3 pin power chords free of charge. It was only after I got off the phone with them I realised that it is a bit odd that they have 3 pin power chords in stock but don't bother to put them in orders heading to Britain/Ireland. They also don't make it clear during the order process that you aren't going to get one. I had to swap out the power chord from my computer monitor until the replacement power chord arrived.

Considering you can buy a €70 external hard drive from a different German electronics retailer and they will ship the appropriate power chord to you, it's daft that Thomann don't do the same considering you could easily be spending thousands of Euro with them.

Anyway, I guess the lesson here is that for anyone buying an amp from Thomann, get on the phone to them and make sure they ship you the correct power chord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PulsW

Malice_ wrote: »
    ...words...

Anyway, I guess the lesson here is that for anyone buying an amp from Thomann, get on the phone to them and make sure they ship you the correct power chord.

This has happened to me as well. When I got the box full of stuff, the only thing in English was the address. They should really have an option for power-chord type and manual-language on products.

Other than that, I've never had any problems with late deliveries or damage (Though I doubt what damage you could actually do with the amount of safety padding they've put into the stuff I've been sent :p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

PulsW wrote: »
    When I got the box full of stuff, the only thing in English was the address.
    I forgot to mention in my last post that they also supplied a copy of a music technology magazine. Unfortunately it was all in German so all I could do was look at the pretty pictures :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

for every thomann fanatic, im in the market for a strat and found themusicoutlet.ie in swords promise to match all online price quotes from eu websites. i emailed them and they verified it. cant argue with that, id much rather see something in person before i bought it

geetar wrote: »
    for every thomann fanatic, im in the market for a strat and found themusicoutlet.ie in swords promise to match all online price quotes from eu websites. i emailed them and they verified it. cant argue with that, id much rather see something in person before i bought it

Well the Music Outlet people are good people and they are doing their best to compete although I don't know how small shops can really compete with Thomann who operate on the economics of scale. However, if they can do it, that's great.

The only thing is if I ordered something with them and then it arrived and I felt that I didn't like it and actually didn't want it I'd feel a bit awkward because I'd feel obliged to still buy it because I would probably have put down a deposit already and I didn't want to waste their money and time. And my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

The only thing is if I ordered something with them and then it arrived and I felt that I didn't like it and actually didn't want it I'd feel a bit awkward because I'd feel obliged to still buy it because I would probably have put down a deposit already and I didn't want to waste their money and time. And my own.

yeah theres definately a kind of "guilt you in to buying" factor. at the moment im asking about fenders. they say they can order them in especially, and if they do i guess ill have to buy one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I ordered something last Sunday but the very last PayPal page failed to load, however I got an email from PayPal to say the payment went through, but I didn't get any email from Thomann. When I went back to the Thomann website it still shows the product in the shopping cart.

Anyway, I emailed international@thomann.de on Monday afternoon and have still not got a reply as of today (Wednesday evening). How long does it usually take them to reply to emails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Perhaps this is a stupid question but are there any hidden or extra charges went buying from Europe?

I buy alot of kit(hunting) in from the states and of course i must pay duty. but do the W###### that try to run this country impose any underhanded taxes even though we operated in a single market.

Advertisement