Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Perhaps this is a stupid question but are there any hidden or extra charges went buying from Europe?

I buy alot of kit(hunting) in from the states and of course i must pay duty. but do the W###### that try to run this country impose any underhanded taxes even though we operated in a single market.

No, there are no taxes levied on most goods that are in free circulation within the EU. This includes musical instruments and related equipment. Doubtful that the government wants yet more of the EU's ire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭craiggannon

I've had to send back a keyboard to Thomann for a repair,sent it to them on the 28th of October,thinking I would have it back for my next gig on the 20th of Nov. but was informed this morning that it will be 3 weeks to a month from the time it arrives in their shop.,now looks like the start of Dec:confused:
    Have to say got no satisfaction from customer care & when I explained my situation they replied that "all musicians say the same thing",which really pi**ed me off,I've given them just over 10k this year alone:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shep1

I've had to send back a keyboard to Thomann for a repair,sent it to them on the 28th of October,thinking I would have it back for my next gig on the 20th of Nov. but was informed this morning that it will be 3 weeks to a month from the time it arrives in their shop.,now looks like the start of Dec:confused:
    Have to say got no satisfaction from customer care & when I explained my situation they replied that "all musicians say the same thing",which really pi**ed me off,I've given them just over 10k this year alone:mad:

That pisses me off too! You should have bought it from John Palmer Music in Waterford, at least he'd give you a loan of a keyboard to get you through the gigs when your own keyboard was being repaired. Thomann can't do that! Buy Irish I say, keep the jobs in ireland. I know Palmer matches Thomann prices it's printed in his window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭craiggannon

shep1 wrote: »
    That pisses me off too! You should have bought it from John Palmer Music in Waterford, at least he'd give you a loan of a keyboard to get you through the gigs when your own keyboard was being repaired. Thomann can't do that! Buy Irish I say, keep the jobs in ireland. I know Palmer matches Thomann prices it's printed in his window.
    Fully agree with you re. keeping the jobs in Ireland,but when I asked somebody in that shop for a quote they were about double what Thomann were,plus they dont carry stock,JP music shop has more excuses for stuff not arriving on time than you could ever dream up,so I suppose its 6 of 1 ......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's quite surprising. I had to call Thomann recently and whoever I dealt with on the phone was very helpful and I'd only spend close to €2k with them :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shep1

Fully agree with you re. keeping the jobs in Ireland,but when I asked somebody in that shop for a quote they were about double what Thomann were,plus they dont carry stock,JP music shop has more excuses for stuff not arriving on time than you could ever dream up,so I suppose its 6 of 1 ......

Thats a different story, If they can't supply you with the gear and get their prices right well I wouldn't blame you mate! How about the big shop in Dublin X Music are they any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 easytalker

shep1 wrote: »
    Thats a different story, If they can't supply you with the gear and get their prices right well I wouldn't blame you mate! How about the big shop in Dublin X Music are they any good?

Check these guys out online aswell http://www.xmusic.ie/ You can order online aswell, I haven't done it but friends have and no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'm looking to order a guitar from them but it won't be in stock until the 14th, could it be here on time for christmas?

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    I'm looking to order a guitar from them but it won't be in stock until the 14th, could it be here on time for christmas?

Well Thomann are usually pretty good about getting the orders out there so I'd say it could be more to do with the courier company whether it arrives in time or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hairoil

Thomann are very good, but another site you might like to try is axesrus. Based in the UK, great for bits and bobs, cheap and fast delivery!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

hairoil wrote: »
    Thomann are very good, but another site you might like to try is axesrus. Based in the UK, great for bits and bobs, cheap and fast delivery!!

I got it from guitarbitz in the end, highly recommend them, ordered on the sunday and I had it Wednesday morning! Apparently they have a 12 step process where they check guitars over and give them a quick set up which is a big plus if you're like me and don't have access to any luthiers or techs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SouEu

Hi!

I'm new here, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong!

I've ordered some stuff from Thomann on wednesday. I've been checking if has progressed but until now, it has only moved to Speyer :confused:

It's in Speyer since Wednesday. Is this normal?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

I think they are a great company I've never had any problems and they delivery is quite fast and the packaging of my guitar was nuts! the amount of bubble and air wrap to ensure the product got to me 100% in fairness they do a great job. :D

Will definitely use them again & again.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Their return service is very good (well, for the one return I had to make)

Strat arrived with a dent, one email later, quick response with shipping details, think it was 2 weeks when I got the replacement. And they threw in a few bits and pieces to keep it sweet! I shall purchase them again, but xmusic has some better prices atthe moment for what I'm looking for c

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

My first Thomann experience !

Hi folks

I emailed thomann and asked them for a delivery time
    on a guitar a stand and spare set of strings they told me
    3-5 days.

So I ordered a guitar a stand and a spare set of strings on
    the 9th February. On the confirmation page I noticed that
    they did not have the strings I wanted in stock till the 14th.

So I emailed them and said that they could send any strings
    they have in stock so to speed up the delivery time only to be told
    that they don't even have the guitar in stock? :eek:

Their website has been up dated today 10th February showing
    the guitar and strings not in stock.

On the site it now says not in stock till 21th !

They have just sent me a sneaky email which has all ready been replied to stating that "Delivery about 3-5 working days from the shipping date on."
    which is a little different than the "3-5 days" originally stated.

Its obvious that they don't stock many of the items they have
    on their site.

Honestly I don't care if it takes 14-20 days for delivery its just
    not professional to be lied to? Now i'm getting worried what else
    are they going to do. Anyway we'll see what happens !

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

First experience:

Two years ago I was given my electric guitar as a surprise for Christmas. I was told I wasnt allowed choose my present like.
    My guitar was ordered off Thomann, although about a week before Christmas I remember my Mam saying my present had to be sent back because what she got given the wrong item.
    Turned out they sent a right handed guitar instead of left handed. I got it on time for Christmas. Just lucky she copped it [although I'd imagine it was her uncle who copped, as he is a guitarist and probably helped her pick the guitar and what not].

Debating whether to order an acoustic now [badly in need of a new one]. Looking at the Harley Benton, €89. :D

Caught wrote: »
    First experience:

Two years ago I was given my electric guitar as a surprise for Christmas. I was told I wasnt allowed choose my present like.
    My guitar was ordered off Thomann, although about a week before Christmas I remember my Mam saying my present had to be sent back because what she got given the wrong item.
    Turned out they sent a right handed guitar instead of left handed. I got it on time for Christmas. Just lucky she copped it [although I'd imagine it was her uncle who copped, as he is a guitarist and probably helped her pick the guitar and what not].

Debating whether to order an acoustic now [badly in need of a new one]. Looking at the Harley Benton, €89. :D

Interesting we'll see what happens on my end....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Has anyone noticed Thomanns prices rising sharply recently?

I've been looking at guitars and have noticed a considerable increase on many items.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

flyswatter wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed Thomanns prices rising sharply recently?

I've been looking at guitars and have noticed a considerable increase on many items.
    yes i have actually.

all this talk of thomann, i think you should all know about...

www.musicstore.com

its german aswell, and it seems to be quite competitive with thomann. some things cheaper some things not. great service. bought a tuner off them, it didnt work properly, i told them and they sent out a replacement that day. i didnt even have to return the item. :cool:

geetar wrote: »
    yes i have actually.

all this talk of thomann, i think you should all know about...

www.musicstore.com

its german aswell, and it seems to be quite competitive with thomann. some things cheaper some things not. great service. bought a tuner off them, it didnt work properly, i told them and they sent out a replacement that day. i didnt even have to return the item. :cool:

Well it is a sticky........................... !

• Advertisement

If Musicstore just pushed it in the user friendly site column a little bit more, they would be on a perfectly even keel with Thomann for popularity. Their site is a bit clunky and product descriptions often veer between English and German or just plain describe the wrong model but their prices are usually in keeping with Thomann, in fact I think they follow their pricing trends. Critically, Musicstore offer a cash on delivery option so if you have no access to a credit card or you prefer to deal in cash, then they are a very handy little option.

Not a Musicstore fanboy or anything though. All other things being equal I would prefer to use Thomann but I have used Musicstore when I'd no access to a credit card and it was considerably cheaper to buy than local or not available here.

briany wrote: »
    If Musicstore just pushed it in the user friendly site column a little bit more, they would be on a perfectly even keel with Thomann for popularity. Their site is a bit clunky and product descriptions often veer between English and German or just plain describe the wrong model but their prices are usually in keeping with Thomann, in fact I think they follow their pricing trends. Critically, Musicstore offer a cash on delivery option so if you have no access to a credit card or you prefer to deal in cash, then they are a very handy little option.

Not a Musicstore fanboy or anything though. All other things being equal I would prefer to use Thomann but I have used Musicstore when I'd no access to a credit card and it was considerably cheaper to buy than local or not available here.

Horses for coarse's me thinks, didn't know about the cash on delivery option thats pritty good if ya want to hide it from the missis............. :eek:

Was on their site last week and all the info links in my instrument section were broken so put me off a bit. Mind you their all fixed now.

To be honest if they had a piece if kit cheaper id use them.

My first Thomann experience !

Hi folks

I emailed thomann and asked them for a delivery time
    on a guitar a stand and spare set of strings they told me
    3-5 days.

So I ordered a guitar a stand and a spare set of strings on
    the 9th February. On the confirmation page I noticed that
    they did not have the strings I wanted in stock till the 14th.

So I emailed them and said that they could send any strings
    they have in stock so to speed up the delivery time only to be told
    that they don't even have the guitar in stock? :eek:

Their website has been up dated today 10th February showing
    the guitar and strings not in stock.

On the site it now says not in stock till 21th !

They have just sent me a sneaky email which has all ready been replied to stating that "Delivery about 3-5 working days from the shipping date on."
    which is a little different than the "3-5 days" originally stated.

Its obvious that they don't stock many of the items they have
    on their site.

Honestly I don't care if it takes 14-20 days for delivery its just
    not professional to be lied to? Now i'm getting worried what else
    are they going to do. Anyway we'll see what happens !

Quick up date :

The guitar stand I received today 22 Feb but no Guitar and no extra strings.
    Sent an email this morning and got no answer so gave them a call and they said they'd check it out. Not sure what's going on but the Parcel Tracking is still at 60%..........................?

Tracking now tells me all is delivered which is not the case. Starting to regret buying from Thomann don't like been left hanging like this.

Any one else have this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

My order shipped in the 26th...feicin better get here tomorrow or I'll be doing some amount of frowning...

Looking at another 2 weeks me !! So all going well that will be 5 weeks delivery time I hope..............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Never really had a problem myself the first few times I ordered something but last year I ordered a guitar which the site said was in stock at the time. I was given a delivery date but then I noticed that the guitar was now listed as out of stock. In the end I think I received it about 2 weeks or so later than the date I had originally been given but I like to think it was just a case of the website not being updated/somebody buying the last one just before me. When the guitar finally came it was in perfect condition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

Always been perfect with me, although I wont be givin them the benefit of the doubt if anything does go wrong. Very friendly to any queries I might have had also.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

I've been looking at and procrastinating about buying a yamaha keyboard for a few days now. The one I was looking at (here) was about €200 as I recall, a couple of days ago on thomann. I just looked again today and it's €138.

The next model up is still at the same price, €298 and the lower model (with significantly lower spec) is actually more expensive, it's €148.

Weird.

By way of comparasion, the same keyboard is £147 on dolphin.co.uk (xe.com £147 ~ €167) and is €179 on musicstore.de.

Thomann do of course charge €15 extra for shipping for items under €200, but dolphin charges £10 and musicstore also charge €15 for orders less than €200.

Not entirely sure what all this means. If one were considering buying one of these, I would think this is a good deal. Thomann haven't flagged it up as a price drop and there's no sale advertised on their site so I'm not actually sure what the situation is. I've ordered one myself with a few bits and bobs extra to bring the price up to €199 (and thereby dodge the shipping charge). Will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

Actually, this might be why. They seem to be replacing the E323 with the E333.

According to this one:

"Yamaha expect the stock to hit the shelves in June. Although undoubtedly the new models are better than the existing range, if you are on a tight budget I would recommend purchasing one of the existing models and saving yourself some money."

Yep, that's me.

• Advertisement

http://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_dp50.htm

me and my brother are planning to buy the thomann DP-50 (link above),

DOES anyone have this digital piano or a different thomann digital piano? I'd like to know how good it is before i splash out

Thanks

Advertisement