Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible moderating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

What he did was a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54181853#post54181853

Giblet should have locked the thread rather than posting what he did for post number 4. Complete retard.

Go fu*k yourself. It was locked before you even posted this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread was locked too early imo. I had a funny Tommy Tiernan joke coming up, about his friend Declan Moffet on an airplane.
    Ah well, next time I guess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I agree with Giblet's actions there. While it was (hopefully!) meant as a joke, it's a very sensitive issue and AH isn't the place for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Giblet wrote: »
    Go fu*k yourself. It was locked before you even posted this thread.
    Faith wrote: »
    I agree with Giblet's actions there. While it was (hopefully!) meant as a joke, it's a very sensitive issue and AH isn't the place for that.

Faith, he should have locked it earlier, do you not agree? Giblet, you have a filthy mouth and not a particularly interesting sense of humour. You know you've done wrong, I know you won't do it again, no harm done. I'll keep an eye on you nevertheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why dont we just lock every thread after the op and we can all be boring tools.

Delete the report post button and the feedback forum, they spread boring toolism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'll keep an eye on you nevertheless.

o+rly__ruserious.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

lmao @ mordeth, classic!! Thats scarier than ceiling cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually I agree. It's not that he locked it, its that he let it run and said he'd ban everyone that posted. Which he did. Doesn't make much sense to me but maybe I'm missing something.

and jeez get some original pictures!

2382.jpg

they were stupid enough to post in the thread... what the hell did you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I'll keep an eye on you nevertheless.

128345611137343750iminyurdirte.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Seriously? You're complaining about being banned for that? Christ, I'd say you were lucky not to get site banned. How dare you make joke out of rape

Mordeth wrote: »
    they were stupid enough to post in the thread... what the hell did you expect?

What was the point of leaving it open and letting it run deliberately, just to ban people? In fairness, that does seem like strange moderating, does it not?

Seriously? You're complaining about being banned for that? Christ, I'd say you were lucky not to get site banned. How dare you make joke out of rape

If you'd bothered reading the thread its absolutely nothing to do with the guy who posted here, he just felt it was bad moderating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

HavoK wrote: »
    If you'd bothered reading the thread its absolutely nothing to do with the guy who posted here, he just felt it was bad moderating

Yeah re-read it. strange one, but maybe he was baiting them

Yeah re-read it. strange one, but maybe he was baiting them

of course he was baiting them, the whole point of this thread is whyyyy?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

glad the thread was locked, one, after the current events in galway, and two, if anyone knows some one who was raped, or god forbid, if any members have been a victim them selves, it could have led to some very unpleasent posting, personaly, i would like to see the thread removed altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You're just too good to be true
    Can't take my eyes off of you.

HavoK wrote: »
    What was the point of leaving it open and letting it run deliberately, just to ban people? In fairness, that does seem like strange moderating, does it not?

i can't speak for Giblet, but imo it was ****ing hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

If you stick your hand in the fire you will get burned.

• Advertisement

Obviously retardedness/hilarity are in the eyes of the beholder. Threads like that and like this are the worst part of the board franchise. These cat pictures are funny though :)

01AwcAXy_eC18AAAABAAAAAAAAAAA:.jpg

Why don't you ask each and every one of them if they got banned or not. There was a technical reason it wasn't closed earlier so i said, in jest, that anyone who posted would be banned while I fixed firefox. No-one was banned, any other mod can check the access list against those posters to see if there was an entry. You called me a retard, I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Which he did

Good work havok, making assumptions.

I made an assumption based on:
    All banned.

Hardly a completely irrational one! Anyway if it was a technical issue and the banning a joke then alls fine and well. No need for anyone to call anyone a retard or tell someone to go...do...themselves!

Giblet wrote: »
    Why don't you ask each and every one of them if they got banned or not. There was a technical reason it wasn't closed earlier so i said, in jest, that anyone who posted would be banned while I fixed firefox. No-one was banned, any other mod can check the access list against those posters to see if there was an entry. You called me a retard, I'll be keeping an eye on you

Don't threaten me please mate, I was just reporting on your moderating in the feedback forum. You're obviously back tracking a bit here with your tales of technical issues. I'll take your word for it. The thread was locked at your best convenience and no harm was done. Obviously the banning thing was said in jest (not that I mind really, anyone that replied to that thread won't be missed from boards). Obviously judging by the way you handled the situation and your reaction to this feedback you are in fact bit of a retard but I suppose boards.ie has a equal rights policy on moderatorships.

should we really be taking advice on modship from a user who uses personal attacks?

tsk tsk

you fail at life

Don't threaten me please mate, I was just reporting on your moderating in the feedback forum. You're obviously back tracking a bit here with your tales of technical issues. I'll take your word for it. The thread was locked at your best convenience and no harm was done. Obviously the banning thing was said in jest (not that I mind really, anyone that replied to that thread won't be missed from boards). Obviously judging by the way you handled the situation and your reaction to this feedback you are in fact bit of a retard but I suppose boards.ie has a equal rights policy on moderatorships.

Backtracking? How.

I think you were the one who "threatened" me.

I think I handled it just fine to be honest. It was locked, even before you posted this thread. Feel free to call me a retard though, the ironic thing is you probably aren't smart enough to come up with an insult that displays any wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

You're obviously back tracking a bit here with your tales of technical issues

actually, it does happen.

you will find plenty of threads where ive tried to lock it, and cant.

although, usually, ive put up a post to say as much, but not always.
    Obviously judging by the way you handled the situation and your reaction to this feedback you are in fact bit of a retard but I suppose boards.ie has a equal rights policy on moderatorships.

*yawn*

thats just lazy trolling. youre not even amusing.

The solution here was to enable java. :) I was working on a project and had disabled it earlier, but had forgotten about it. This affects the drop down lists. Also, I've been drinking...

Again, not to drag this out any longer than needs be and suffer the indignity of cat pictures and name calling but what I wanted to get across is your modship leaves a lot to be desired, calling you a retard was my way of making that point. I'm fully aware that thread was locked just prior to this thread being created but the issue was you made a silly post and then ~20 minutes later locked the thread rather than just locking the thread in the first place. Since then you've used technical issues as an excuse (which I'm sure is valid). You whole attitude and demeanour on this thread kinda high lights my point really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

is that what it is?
    nice one.

fwiw, i think giblet did the right thing.

although, sticking up a post saying you cant lock the thread for some reason might help in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement