Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible moderating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm sure you keep a record of my moderating decisions. I think your last post highlights the fact that you like wearing womens clothes quite succinctly. Doesn't make sense? Neither does your assertion that my attitude or your inane ramblings highlight any "point" you may or may not have had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Giblet wrote: »
    I'm sure you keep a record of my moderating decisions. I think your last post highlights the fact that you like wearing womens clothes quite succinctly. Doesn't make sense? Neither does your assertion that my attitude or your inane ramblings highlight any "point" you may or may not have had.
    Giblet wrote: »
    I've been drinking...

Rly?
    i think giblet did the right thing.
    although, sticking up a post saying you cant lock the thread for some reason might help in future.

well that would have been the right thing to do. Perhaps this thread was a little bit of an overreaction as I can accept Gilbert had a genuine technical issue and it was only a few minutes before he did the right thing. Obviously the whole thing got off to a bad start by calling him a retard (certainly is obnoxious though, to be fair).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

You seem to me to be someone who likes to call people a retard, an offensive word to people who have certin disabilities. It's a total disgrace that you have not been warned for your use of this word as a personal insult. Shame on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I actually have, I thought it was a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

HavoK wrote: »
    What was the point of leaving it open and letting it run deliberately, just to ban people? In fairness, that does seem like strange moderating, does it not?

I believe its called cleansing :D

Thread was locked and everyone banned within 30 minutes... no big deal?

i should really read the whole thread before posting... ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Complete retard.

Don't come in here and think it's perfectly acceptable to personally abuse a Mod for doing his job.
    The above comment made you loose all credibility in my eyes and it's a poor person who has to resort to name calling in order to get his point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I actually have, I thought it was a wind up.

Ehhhhh no. That email you got, "being warned" about using that word, not a wind up I'm afraid.

Also, and Im trying to be objective here but OP if you start a thread, questioning someone's moderating skills and using the name you used, WHY would you expect them to behave pleasantly to you in the rest of the thread?? I think it's unfair to judge Giblet's posts in this thread given the provocation of the use of that word in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I plan on banning any one who replies to this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh dear lord.
    A thread was left open for an extra few minutes. How will Giblet ever live this down?
    Shame on you for not locking that thread immediately.
    Take away his mod powers. Site ban him. Have him thrown in jail. Put him on a prison ship to Australia.

Did it upset you a lot, Nothingcompares?
    Why didn't you report the post?
    Three others saw fit to do so, yet you just decided to come in here and point fingers.
    I just think you are trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I feel bad for Spankeh. She voted for all 3 options :( Oh, and Binomate :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

trash thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement