Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Forester

Options
  • 12-10-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Lookin for some feedback from any previous owners.

are services expensive.

are parts expensive.

really like the car, goin takin one for a test drive saturday. i might look into goin to uk as cars there seem to be way better speced and have fsh's and better priced too.

model im lookin at is ~'00 or ~01. dont know whether to go for standard or turbo. i know they are not great with fuel economy.

is there anything i should look out for when buying 2nd hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,284 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No experience of them. One thing to be wary of is a tow-bar. Could have been pulling caravans, horseboxes, etc. This can be hard on gearbox, especially autos.

Honest John doesn't seem over-impressed: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=376&

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was a passenger in a 2.5 turbo forester once, those things are a hell of a lot faster than they look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

I have had a 99 and a 02 Sturbo.

Top reliability, slightly high servicing, softer riding WRX suspension and engine.

Newer ones are 2.5 liters and are stunningly quick for the body type.

Very well specced and the Moon roof is amazing.

Great for pushing on especially with the LSD at the back but still a bit scary with the tallness of the whole car.

Love Subarus and now have a Legacy Tourer Spec B.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

make sure you get a d reg red one and you'll be fine by the gardai no matter what speed you do !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I saw cops in a subaru forester last night with the blue lights on pulling over a taxi. They are supposed to be fast

• Advertisement
Advertisement