Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Banning

Options
  • 12-10-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if you know about my banning but if you don't http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055148331 will fill you in.

Anyway I have asked the mods how long my ban is for and I got no reply, can anyone let me know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm reliably told that this time it's permanent with no chance of appeal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote: »
    I'm reliably told that this time it's permanent with no chance of appeal.

I can confirm that this is indeed the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well thats a bloody disgrace, do you have any reason for my banning?

Nope. The politics mods know though. I'll ask.

Cheers Seamus at least you had the courtesy to reply to me.

• Advertisement

I did PM Tristrame, but decided to check it out anyway.

It would appear that the ban is for resuming a type of behaviour for which you had been permanently banned in the past, but got readmitted on the understanding that this behaviour would stop.

It did stop, but later resumed, so you got banned.

The behaviour in question is obsessively and single-mindedly questioning rules or decisions even when the final call has been made.

It's not like any ban I've seen before, but the reasoning is sound.

Well the thing is thats not actually correct, I was banned before for sending mods PM's arguing a point. On this case I was having a discussion with mods within the Rules thread in politics and when I couldn't get an answer to a very fair question I said I would it take it to the feedback thread and I was encouraged to do so by the mods.

Now when I was posting in the feedback thread Two Mods, Tristrame and OscarBravo were replying to me and never at any stage did they suggest my behaviour was out of order or warn me. Then another mod who wasn't involved in the discussion at all just comes in bans me without giving any reason.

I only sent one PM and that was after I was banned so I couldn't have been banned for a repeat of the past. The ban is unjust and I think mainly it permanent is shocking

Advertisement