Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

soccer jerseys on men - attractive or not?

• 12-10-2007 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, Hopefully you can help settle a 'discussion' between me and my bf as to whether in general soccer jerseys are attractive on men.
    Personally I don't like them and don't think any man looks nice when wearing one.
    Just wondering what other peoples opinions are!

Are soccer jerseys attractive clothes on men? 30 votes

No, never!
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, without a doubt
    63% 19 votes
    Sometimes, but depends on the team!
    10% 3 votes
    OK when they're going to a match
    26% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have never once heard a girl saying men look good in a soccer jersey.

I have heard LOTS of women saying they look horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

You haven't seen me in one yet then... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

dublindude wrote: »
    I have never once heard a girl saying men look good in a soccer jersey.

I have heard LOTS of women saying they look horrendous.
    QFT. No-one looks attractive in a football shirt, it's just a matter of to what extent a woman will tolerate a man wearing one.

I understand the importance men place on them though. My boyfriend and three of our best friends are all massive football fans. I hate the jerseys. I think they look at best skangerish and at worst ugly. However the boys are all really proud of their collection of jerseys. They don't just have their club ones, they have really obscure ones from around the world (Palestine, Poland, Brazil...). They don't wear them as fashion items, rather to show how important football is to them. Kinda the same way people wear clothes with big brand names on I guess - both signify a kind of status among social groups.

/ends sociological analysis

OP what club does your bf support? Cos that can make a big difference. Unfortunately my boyfriend supports Spurs who play in tight-white jerseys. Luckily he still manages to look hot in them, but dear god, it's a fine line...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Certain 'classic' style football jerseys based on teams like Brazil, Argentina and Italy from the 70s and 80s can have a certain appeal to them (similar to pre WC07 Rugby jerseys), but the modern ones by and large are skangery.

That said I have 5 Arsenal jerseys - home and away from '94 when I was a kid, the 1 off Highbury farewell and last season's home and away. Picked them all up (bar the highbury farewell one) at knock-down prices and only use them when I'm playing football, or occasionally I might wear them at games at the Emirates if the mood takes me (which it usually doesn't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

If they're going to watch a match fair enough but otherwise BIG no no no no no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Guys don't wear football jerseys because they look good or are fashionable. They wear them because they like/love football. It's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

More men need to reply to this thread stating how many soccer jerseys they own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I think they should only be worn when they are going to a football match and things like that but not for every day wear, most of them are quite horrendous really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I own 5 Man Utd jerseys, and 5 other ones: Boca, Milan, Argentina, Northern Ireland and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have a few jerseys myself, They only look good if they fit you and not way too baggy. For the last world cup, Nike made all their jerseys giving them a classic retro look. They look pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I like football, but would never wear a jersey. Its lazy and sheep-like.

Advertisement