Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spaming

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

what is the boards general view on this, in terms of the charter, its obviously frowned upon and action can be taken against it

have seen an expaple of it this evening, i'm currently using the new posts tab, and have seen a thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055164082, on the dublin oympics, a similar thread appears in at least 3 or 4 other boards,

prehaps some one could look at this please,
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Aye - from 0-13 posts all about a single topic linking the same youtube video accross multiple forums is spam-a-lam..

The report post button is your friend in this situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Aye - from 0-13 posts all about a single topic linking the same youtube video accross multiple forums is spam-a-lam..

The report post button is your friend in this situation :)

have PM'ed one of the mods, has appeared twice since

irish-stew wrote: »
    have PM'ed one of the mods, has appeared twice since

No need to PM the mods individually - just use the report.gif button and explain the reason why you're reporting the post..

All the mods are busy people so nothing happens immediately*, and indeed nothing may happen at all.. so no need to fret about things too much - boards is a pretty well oiled machine..

*unless Ruu is online :p

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    No need to PM the mods individually - just use the report.gif button and explain the reason why you're reporting the post..

All the mods are busy people so nothing happens immediately*, and indeed nothing may happen at all.. so no need to fret about things too much - boards is a pretty well oiled machine..

*unless Ruu is online :p

couldn't see the report tab, seen it now, although use other forums, and really do not like using it

<thumbs up>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Did you report the posts using the report post function ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

, and really do not like using it

<thumbs up>

Why ?

couldn't see the report tab, seen it now, although use other forums, and really do not like using it

<thumbs up>
    Thaedydal wrote: »

seen it now

Why ?

i just really try not to get to concerned by what other members say unless its directed at me, i use another another forum, in which i have posted over 3000 posts and have never used the fuction on there either, in this case i was just fiding the spaming anoying

I did.. but only 1 out of 13 of them..

reported

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

First thing I do every morning is go to the Reported Post Forum to see if we have been spammed.
    This particular person had been reported and thanks to our shiney new search I was able to delete all comments (not already taken of by mods) made by this guy in one fell swoop.
    "Report this post" is your friend, do not be afraid to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Beruthiel wrote: »
    First thing I do every morning is go to the Reported Post Forum to see if we have been spammed.
    This particular person had been reported and thanks to our shiney new search I was able to delete all comments (not already taken of by mods) made by this guy in one fell swoop.
    I remember when we used to be able to do that. Glad it's back. Uber powerful.

Advertisement