Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese in Galway

• 12-10-2007 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, been living in Galway just over a month now and I'm craving Chinese food like mad!! Anyone know of any nice take-aways that deliver to the Rahoon area?? I have a few menus that came through the letterbox but I would never just pick one, I know what some can be like. (And I have pretty high standards because I worked in a fabulous Chinese restaurant in Cork!)
    Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Why not just pick one? You're not going to know what they're like unless you try them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Why not just pick one? You're not going to know what they're like unless you try them :confused:

I worked with Chinese and Cantonese people for over 2 years. In that time I learned that the difference between standards/hygene, etc in Chinese restaurants is huge. (The people I worked with always said to get opinions of a place first.) I wouldn't pick one because when I pay for something I expect quality. Chinese food can be dodgy. So that's why I'm looking for suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Try Golden Rickshaw, 20 Mary Street (Just off Eglinton Street). Not sure if they deliver but it's the best Chinese I've had in Galway anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jamey wrote: »
    Try Golden Rickshaw, 20 Mary Street (Just off Eglinton Street). Not sure if they deliver but it's the best Chinese I've had in Galway anyway!

Fantastic, I'll give it a try. Cheers :D

Advertisement