Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info from DOJ site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

A badly written and inaccurate document Bunny,

Even the option whereby an applicant is not a landowner , but is a member of an approved club or range, isn't mentioned.

Furthermore , this whole section....is just untrue.
    Before you make your application for a firearms certificate for a rifle in excess of .22 calibre, you must obtain a permit from the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Parks and Wildlife) to support your application to shoot game in the open season.

I could go on ... but the level of misinformation about is just depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

yeah bunny shooter i don't think that is based on any act. you can't hunt birds or game with an air rifle and i think the info.(or disinformation) stems from that.
    it's a pity the people involved with firearms know so little about the law
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

A crock of ****E. Its a silly law.
    I also heard, that land checks, like the uk are in order in the new firearms bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Guys,

I agree with you but this is on a DOJ site !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Don't get me wrong Bunny ...

I know the mistakes aren't yours.:)

It's just frightening how little seems to be known about the law in the Department of Justice here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

jaycee wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong Bunny ...

I know the mistakes aren't yours.:)

It's just frightening how little seems to be known about the law in the Department of Justice here.

Moi, get you wrong. I know you weren't blaming me, this time :D

This is their advice, no wonder the firearms issue is in the state it is

Advertisement