Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping

Options
  • 12-10-2007 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,

So i've been off the smokes since monday night, doing good so far. This is my second time quitting, first time i quit was a few years back, same way, just went cold turkey but i was younger and i hadn't joined the pub culture yet. I was off them for around 9 months when i started smoking when i was drinking, one thing led to another and over the space of a year i'd started smoking full-time again.

But back on topic, anyone having strange dreams, or waking up feeling confused? I remember last time i quit having the same kind of sleep problems. So far i've woken up, not really knowing where i was/feeling like i should remember something to waking up last night, thinking a friend was in the room! :)

Anyway, if i remember last time, it only lasted around a week. But i'm curious has anyone else gotten the same thing? Maybe it's just me and my wandering mind :)

Ps. Pat on the back for everyone fighting the fight!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

yes my dreams were crazy for the first week or so used to wake up in the mornings feeling as if i had to do something really important, after i would realise i didnt, i would put it down to the smokes. anyway well done on your attempt to stop im five weeks into attempt no five/six thats since january and going good its getting easier as the weeks go on so hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Off them now about 3 weeks....

For about 4 nights during the second week, I was dreaming about smoking.
    Actually lighting up and having a fag and I'd be waking up thinking sh1te
    I have to start the whole giving up thing all over.

Just goes to show how much of a hold the death sticks have on the brain
    and body....heres to not smoking :cool:

Advertisement