Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 2.3 notes. Yay for prot paladins :D

Options
  • 12-10-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Improved Seal of the Crusader (Retribution) benefits folded into the base spell. This talent now gives the benefits of the Sanctified Crusader talent instead. I.e. 3% bonus crit to melee and spells, to everyone attacking a target with improved judgement of the crusader up. This is also the judgement that increases my threat.

Weapon Expertise (Protection) renamed Combat Expertise, now increases expertise by 1/2/3/4/5 and total Stamina by 2/4/6/8/10%.

I almost fainted :D

Paladins now scale hps better than warriors /dance

Come Tk I should now out hp you all, murhahahahaha (except druids).

I kinda knew it was coming, but I was still quite happy now that its come. I only hope that it makes it to final :)

On a side note, a funky change to warriors with Deathwish being swapped with Sweeping strikes. Cant say that I approve. /soothe Fury warriors.

Anyways, some new loots too:
    http://www.worldofraids.com/news/october/2.3/items/new-heroic-plate1.jpg
    http://www.worldofraids.com/news/october/2.3/items/new-heroic-plate1.jpg

Going to have to start grinding some heroics again. I really could use that chest piece and some other stuff ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

What good is it to do heroics? always wanted to ask that question.

All that i can see is that the boss drops tokens which in return you can hand in at Shat to get trinkets and other stuff ect...

There was only one item that i found with the tokens i would get doing heroics might be some use for me. The rest of the stuff would not be worth while.

And thats great Paladins with even more health, Should be even more fun trying to kill them in the arena's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, there is more rep from Heroic instances, better loot and the badges can be traded in for items, the list of which is being expanded in 2.3. Just some of the extra items are included in the last 2 links I included :D

Some very nice paladin tanking gear.

There is also supposed to be a change that will allow people to collect badges from Karazhan and Zul'aman in 2.3

But in saying that, 80/75 badges for the good new stuff is bloody pricey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

To the badge-farming mobile! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

ooh, less xp needed between 20 and 60, that'll make it easier for us newbies to catch up with you lot :)

Would I be right in assuming too that the switch from weapon skill to expertise will help us furry druids who are too busy clawing people to use a weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i am SO levelling my gnome warrior now they've nerfed the xp to 60 =D

• Advertisement

Depends if they change the feral weapon skill as well, which I assume they would.

Ultimately though, -parry is better for tanks, -dodge is better for melee dps. So yeah, if it goes ahead as you would intuitively assume...

It prob be around december or some time next year before this patch is out. I will be doing the same as you guys and leveling my 24 warrior then.

They kindve implied when they released 2.2 that Zul'aman was pretty much ready and alot of testing on 2.3 had already been carried out. That and they wanted to get Zul'aman out as quickly as possible, means they said they would release 2.3 after only a few short weeks of testing.

So, I'd reckon early to mid November ;)

Ivan wrote: »
    They kindve implied when they released 2.2 that Zul'aman was pretty much ready and alot of testing on 2.3 had already been carried out. That and they wanted to get Zul'aman out as quickly as possible, means they said they would release 2.3 after only a few short weeks of testing.

So, I'd reckon early to mid November ;)

I hope so.
    I don't want to spend my arena points until the 2.3 patch is out. Why I don't want to spend them is cause of the new gear u can get with the heroic's. Not that i have much points to spend but i will have by the time the patch comes out.

Advertisement