Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Movie OST (2007)

Options
  • 12-10-2007 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Anyone had a chance to listen to the recently released Transformers 2007 score (Jablonsky) yet?

A lot of it seems to be recycled sounds from Batman Begins (there appears to be a big Hans Zimmer influence), various Bay films and bizarrely, for me, some early 90s video games I recall playing :confused:

However....... it aint actually half bad! Standout tracks are the Autobot theme, Optimus theme, Scorponok theme, Arrival to Earth, Sam on the Roof.

Recommended! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Has it been released here yet?

I want the Autobots Arrive score badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It doesn't look like it has a European release yet - although Amazon UK have it down as available with a delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks (perhaps they are importing it?).
    I want the Autobots Arrive score badly.
    It is the standout track for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Amazing score.

One of my years favourites.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

SofaKing wrote: »
    Anyone had a chance to listen to the recently released Transformers 2007 score (Jablonsky) yet?

A lot of it seems to be recycled sounds from Batman Begins (there appears to be a big Hans Zimmer influence), various Bay films and bizarrely, for me, some early 90s video games I recall playing :confused:

However....... it aint actually half bad! Standout tracks are the Autobot theme, Optimus theme, Scorponok theme, Arrival to Earth, Sam on the Roof.

Recommended! :)

Definetly recommended, a superb score.

Steve Jablonsky also did the score for Michael Bay's 'The Island' (Under rated film in m opinion) and works in Hans Zimmers company, Remote Control Productions, hence the influence of Zimmer. He also helped wih the MGS2 soundtrack.

Advertisement