Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Anti-spyware tools.

• 12-10-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some decent free anti spyware tools for XP

So far.

Ad-Aware Personal.

Spyware Blaster

Spybot S&D

Anyone know of any better free ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It depends on how techy you are IMO.

HiJack This is great but if you don't know what you are doing, I'd avoid it like the plague. It isn't user friendly in any way and is designed for people who have probably modified registry keys in regedit in the past.

I don't think there are any better free ones. All of the above have their own problems where they have issues deleting some files that are causing problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm happy enough in regedit.

Cheers, Will give hijack a lash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

hijack this did the job

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

i would not use hijackthis if you aren't fully aware of how to use it properly.

avg anti-spyware, dr. web cureit, superantispyware, spywareguard

all excellent programs and free

Advertisement