Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party - Help Needed

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I really need some advice. I've pretty much been landed in it. :eek:

It is my mother-in-laws retirement party next weekend. I was originally told that all I had to do was turn up - that her children were organising it.

Last night I was told otherwise. Basically, they have made a mess of it.

The room they have reserved is crap and they have no music organised.

Essentially I have 3 questions.

1. Venue. I need a venue - essentially a private function room. It must have a small dance floor area and room for a DJ - as well as hold about 70 people. I would very much prefer NOT to have to pay for this as they will make a killing at the bar. It would need to be fairly central. Am thinking city centre.

2. I need a DJ. Not a techno / dance type - an 'oul one type - y'know the ones that will play all the oul one music. Also, if they have a karaoke machine as well that would be very good. Can anyone recommend someone who isn't excessively expensive.

3. Need to organise food. Am thinking a buffet is the best way to go. Anyone have any experience with someone who is good yet reasonable. We will have a lot of veggies going so they need to be accommodated for.

4. Finally. Decor. Balloons etc. I think this will be handy enough.

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask this question but any help would be hugely welcome.

Thanks
    Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

im assuming you are in dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Op, have a look in Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas Lots of ideas in there.

In Galway - An Pucan is good, or Buskers. Dublin - can't help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I know this is not much help but your best bet would be to find a venue that will supply all the things you need. This would make your life easier. I organised a party in the Excise Bar at IFSC and they supplied everything. Music, food,decorations, cake, paper plates etc. Not expensive either. All we had to do was turn up.Don't spend your time trying to organise all the individual elements just concentrate on finding somewhere that supplies the entire package.

Advertisement