Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Pegg for Scotty.......Confirmed

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭

Fried Gold!!! Simon Pegg confirmed as scotty:

From empireonline

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21251
    Simon Pegg Is Scotty!
    And John Cho is Star Trek's Sulu!
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Well, colour us surprised. JJ Abrams' Star Trek re-boot has found its Scotty and it's one Simon Pegg. We would have laid money on the role of chief engineer going to massive Star Trek geek and real live Scot James McAvoy. But we're not going to argue with the choice, since we're sure Pegg will do a terrific job.

Pegg's not the only new Enterprise crew member this morning. John Cho, the Harold half of Harold and Kumar, will play Sulu, the ship's Helmsman.

That makes the Enterprise bridge all but full. As well as Pegg and Cho, Zachary Quinto is Spock, Zoe Saldana is Uhura and Anton Yelchin is Chekhov. Chris Pine is said to be in discussions to play the key role of Captain Kirk. With Eric Bana also on board as the villain, that leaves only first Enterprise captain, Christopher Pike, and Kirk's parents to be filled. And also, as someone just reminded me, Bones.

The movie is set to shoot within the next few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wow, didn't expect that!

Don't think I've ever seen Pegg in a serious role, so I've no idea what to expect here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

haha thats gonna be kick ass, thats really making we wanna see the movie now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Goodshape wrote: »
    Wow, didn't expect that!

Don't think I've ever seen Pegg in a serious role, so I've no idea what to expect here.

Pegg was in band Of Brothers, he was David Schwimmers batman. Not the most demanding of roles (think it was only 2 eps) but he was there for a few minutes of screen time

Advertisement