Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demetri Martin

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

So anyone else a huge fan of this guy?
    I can't get enough of him, his delivery is perfect and his jokes always have me chuckling no matter how many times I've heard him?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's the worst on the daily show, by a clear mile... but I think that's because they only have him on for the stupid segments.

I liked the.. was it radiohead video he did? hated the song, but funny video

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I have to say I really think this guy is great! Seemingly random observations, delivered in a deadpan style with excellent timing. His act always seems to have a child-like vision of the world in an adult context. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I hate The Daily Show, just don't see why everyone worships the host. I liked the bits I've scene Demetri do on it. Like Video Resumes and the Credit report.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I saw the show "If I..." which he recorded for the BBC. The majority of it is just him philosophising rather than telling jokes which is fine but not exactly funny. His one liners are great though, from the same mold as Steve Wright and Mitch Hedberg but uniquely his own.

The Daily Show is great, though it took me a while to warm to it. Have only seen him do the Schmaily Show skit on it which was genuinely funny. They seem to use him sparingly which is good because I don't think his style marries with the format too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah man this guy is brilliant! Have to check out more of his stuff. He's very much in the vein of Mitch Hedberg and Jimmy Carr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Check out his comedy central special. Brilliant!

I've checked out lots of the comedy central specials, some others I like are:

The Sklar Brothers
    Dat Phan
    Jim Gaffigan

Advertisement