Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al gore and UN Panel won the Nobel peace price

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

aidan24326 wrote: »
    It's true that Cheney and Rumsfeld are utterly detestable characters that the world could do without, but would Gore have done things much differently to Bush? Possibly not. The Democrats supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan aswell, one side is as bad as the other there. Now that Gore cares so much about the environment I'll be waiting for him to move out of his grid-draining mansion and get rid of whatever gas-guzzling monstrosities are parked in his garage (those yanks do love their petrolaholic SUV's). Being the politician he is he latched onto something that could promote his image in a positive way, so fair dues to him.

But I must say I'm a bit confused as to how a guy who supported war in Iraq (and he did at the time in case you're wondering) is now deserving of a nobel peace prize. They've made a mockery of the thing. Why not give it to Tony Blair next year, after all he is now a 'peace envoy' (cue laughter at the sheer irony of that title).

Didn't the democrats vote to support war if it was the only option available not for the current invasion as it happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they voted to give the president authority to go to war if and when he chose, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We are supposed to buy all the BS that the Nobel prize is now? Peace prize is it ?The guy who it is named after invented dynamite (used equally to kill as its real use mining etc thats irony) .Call it the Dynamite prize instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

this is the al gore that charges $100,000 per lecture with first class air fare as part of the contract the mans a hypocrite pure and simple well apart from the request that his transport be a sedan not an suv preferably hybrid.

no carbon offsets etc (for what its worth)

he'es in this for al gore no one else, pure and simple or am i just cynicaloh lets not forget his huge mansion etc. etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

while i believe the democrats are the lesser of 2 evils , the chances that gore would have went to war after 9-11 are still pretty high , the reason being , gore,s vice presidential running mate in 2000 was joe liberman , possibly the biggest hawk in washington and someone who has been calling for an attack on iran this past 6 months , btw , he was elected as an indepedant at the last congresional elections , he supports the democrats on many issues now but supports the bush admin completely on the war

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

On a side note.. nice to know how much we all care about the environment, except of course those evil dastardly fuel and mining magnates..

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2190770,00.html

Advertisement