Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Serj Tankian

• 12-10-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

His solo album is out in a week or so.

Was listening to Empty Walls yesterday, great track and cool video. The few tracks I have heard off of the album would be in a similar vein to his day job band's Mesmerize.

Maybe a little more melodic in places. Is yet another album that I am looking forward to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Love the vid, the song's pretty good too. I've only heard this one song but it's definitely not as hardcore as SOAD stuff.

Is he weird or what? But brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm also liking the song. Not as heavy as SOAD, but can get over that easily. Video is kinda freaky to some extent, will still watch it though. Prefer this over a lot of SOAD's stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Liking what he has released so far - 2 very good, interesting (and moderately controversial :) ) videos and good music to boot...Looking forward to the album.

Much better hearing him getting to do vocals rather than some of the screeching of Daron in SOAD!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

interesting, il say that, i dont know why SOAD seemed to loose direction in their last pair of albums (or one album split into two sales!) but this looks promising, still a bit whiney/poppy for my liking, the man has a great voice, i feel he could do so much more! i see hes going touring also, hard to know what sort of show to expect seen as he never really spoke to the audiences when with SOAD....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

heard it when he stuck it up on myspace a while ago. i think the songs he has online are stunning. far superior to the last 3 SOAD albums and shows exactly why Daron Tankian should have stfu instead of pushing himself and his horrid vocals forward in SOAD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Must try to get to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Its lighter system.
    Wonder will the album be like a System one- 3/4 great tracks, rest filler that sounds exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Good to see he is not looking so malnourished as he was a while ago. The songs are decent enough, but for me the video's really take away form the song. YOur focusing more on watching the video then you are on listening to the song, also the imagery does nothing for me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

New album playback is up on the dedicated BBC6 Music site http://www.civilisationisover.com
    Album is out in the shops from tomorrow.
    The special edition is out Oct 26th, and the vinyl on Nov 9th.

Picked it up this morning, and am five tracks into it. Quite enjoying it, nowhere near as heavy as S.O.A.D but still a good listen.

Picked up the new albums from Coheed And Cambria, plus Ministry, so have some decent listening today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Kess73 wrote: »
    Picked it up this morning, and am five tracks into it. Quite enjoying it, nowhere near as heavy as S.O.A.D but still a good listen.

Picked up the new albums from Coheed And Cambria, plus Ministry, so have some decent listening today.

christ, expensive day today

christ, expensive day today

:) It got worse, I picked up Down's new album on my lunchbreak. Thank god for the plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Great song, like the video, looking forward to getting the album..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

i think serj is gonna flop, does nobody else find the trax repetitive, especially the melodies and lyrical ideas, pity, used to love system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

First SOAD album is untouchable and if this stuff didnt sound like recent SOAD I think I'd like it but even the guitar and drum styles sound like em, Anyone else think that these are just songs that were left over from the last 2 soad albums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The album is okay, at best. but I've always been a fan of Serj's vocal style so I'll listen to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I've always liked Serj's vocals, and this album is enjoyable enough. Far better than the last few SOAD albums at least, the guitarist's vocals are absolutely horrific and ruin everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

BleakestH wrote: »
    the guitarist's vocals are absolutely horrific and ruin everything.

Then by that reckoning, Scars On Broadway is doomed to failure.

bought the album, listened, don't really like it all that much. Just....meh. however the acoustic version of Blue (from the deluxe version, which I had to aquire by other means) was very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

bombidol wrote: »
    First SOAD album is untouchable and if this stuff didnt sound like recent SOAD I think I'd like it but even the guitar and drum styles sound like em, Anyone else think that these are just songs that were left over from the last 2 soad albums?

backed bombidol............(u no me as redenemyjoe)!

maybe not leftovers because darren took over most of the writing on those albums, but its defo where that album came from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

bombidol wrote: »

Ab-so-****ing-loutly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement