Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6234 problem

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

ok so i have a nokia 6234 and about a week ago i bought a cheap cover at a market because the original sceen was craked anyway a few days ago i noticed that you couldnt turn the phone off and i thought it was because of the cover and without thinking it took out the battery turning it off and i took the cover off pushed the one button and nothing. just wondering is there any other way to turn it on and if not will nokia fix it for me, naturally i wont tell them about the cover i bought.
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If they notice the cover has been removed (you need a screwdriver I believe?) then they will put it down to unauthorized engineering and you'll be left paying for the repair.

Otherwise they might .. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭MMM

I had a problem with my nokia 6234. The On/Off Button just stopped working one day so once the battery died i had no way of turning it back on. Perhaps its a weakness with the model. I sent the unit back to the nokia customer support place in Dublin and they sent me a replacement within a few days. All nokia phones have a 2 year guarantee i believe, check it out on the nokia website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

MMM wrote: »
    I had a problem with my nokia 6234. The On/Off Button just stopped working one day so once the battery died i had no way of turning it back on. Perhaps its a weakness with the model. I sent the unit back to the nokia customer support place in Dublin and they sent me a replacement within a few days. All nokia phones have a 2 year guarantee i believe, check it out on the nokia website
    This 2 year warranty doesn't cover you against unauthorized engineering which includes removing a cover that's not user servicable. If they see wear on the screw heads or whatever they might not fix it.

Only one way to find out of course, we've all heard of people who've got away with far worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ciaranfo wrote: »
    This 2 year warranty doesn't cover you against unauthorized engineering which includes removing a cover that's not user servicable. If they see wear on the screw heads or whatever they might not fix it.

Only one way to find out of course, we've all heard of people who've got away with far worse!

ya well the small screws are 5 sided and well i dont carry around anything like that so they might see some damage but hopefully they wont but i'll send it off anyway and see. oh would the fact that i have a 1gb memory card affect it in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The 1gb card won't affect it. I've seen the on/off and volume buttons break quite often on that phone so i think its a manufacturer fault

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭MMM

Oman wrote: »
    ya well the small screws are 5 sided and well i dont carry around anything like that so they might see some damage but hopefully they wont but i'll send it off anyway and see. oh would the fact that i have a 1gb memory card affect it in anyway

Be sure to take your memory card out before you send it back as it won't be returned to you

MMM wrote: »
    Be sure to take your memory card out before you send it back as it won't be returned to you

i'll do that ya but i think i'll take some advice off the website first and see if that works

ok that didnt work would it they fix/replace it in a vodafone or ordinary phone shop because there's 2 near me and would the crack on the sceen affect it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

It can be sent from anywhere for free but most repair companies won't fix something under warranty if another part of the phone is damaged, even unrelated.

You'll probably need the screen fixed and they'll charge for that. No way out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

i must say this particular nokia seems to be very problematic, mine does the reverse i.e turns itself off but won't turn back on by pressing the on/off button so i have to take out the battery then put it back in to get life into it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 allo44

I recently took delivery of a 6234 as a replacement for my 6021 that got damaged. I now find that the new phone will not allow me send or recieve text messages via my Garmin 310 sat nav. Anyone got an answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Anyone ever figure out a way to turn it on?

Does taking the battery out and replacing again work? my phone is permanently on now as i discovered the on/off button had broken when i tried to turn it off.. its only a matter of time before i forget to recharge..yikes!!!!!!

Advertisement