Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant templebar

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for a reasonably price Restaurant in the templebar area for tonight.
    Thanks,
    RB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Elephant and castle is good, expect to be told there are no tables, for an hour or more, go for a couple of pints...

Ho Sen is a really good Vietnamese place in Temple Bar. Great prices for food and the wine.

Tante Zoes is a really good creole place. Again pretty reasonable.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nico's, on dame street, does really good food and wine.
    i'd strongly recomend it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What type food?
    How many people?
    Event? (Date / work party / birthday?)
    There's something for all tastes really...

There's quite a few places in and around TB.

I suggest you have a good browse of www.menupages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Toscana opposite City Hall. very nice Italian with great atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Charlies Chinese is great too.

There's one in Temple Bar besdie Bob's.

One on Dame Street.

One on Westmoreland Street.

One on Sth Grt George's Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Luigi Malones at the back of Central Bank is one of my favourite restaurants. The menu is really varied and the food is excellent.

Stargal wrote: »
    Luigi Malones at the back of Central Bank is one of my favourite restaurants. The menu is really varied and the food is excellent.

There are a LOT of restaurant snobs who dislike Luigi Malone's, why? I don't know.

It's a good place though, excellent food, friendlt staff, and HUGE portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Definitely Luigi Malones. Gorgeous food, great selection, nice setting and great staff.

They do a fantastic fillet steak. Oh and try the buffalo wings, just make sure you're *really* hungry going in.

Also, it's good for a date, or a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

DesF wrote: »
    There are a LOT of restaurant snobs who dislike Luigi Malone's, why? I don't know.

It's a good place though, excellent food, friendlt staff, and HUGE portions.
    Yeah I hate that kind of snobbery, just cos a restaurant is clearly populist. Hmmm that's not exactly the right word, but basically it's not serving some kind obscure and imaginative food, it's really good 'normal' food that tastes good and everyone likes.

<3 the buffalo wings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Milano is a decent one to add to the list - if you like pizza that is....If not, I wouldn't advise it...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Stargal wrote: »

Defintely.... been a few times, never had a bad experience .. great value and lovely staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Botticelli's in Temple Bar is my favourite. It's an Italian place. Tasty and reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

europerson wrote: »
    Botticelli's in Temple Bar is my favourite. It's an Italian place. Tasty and reasonable.

I second that

Advertisement