Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband which to get

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

right had a gander through an couldnt find many posts applicable so i'll jus ask ..

which package has a good connection an is cheap ....

person whos lookin for it has an Eircom line , but i dont know if it can get broadband on it (how can i check)

also there is an abundance of Irish Broadband antennes around them ..

how about clearwire too ?

they hav an NTL connection aswell

also can they keep the eircom connection but get BT broadband ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

30d1a wrote: »
    right had a gander through an couldnt find many posts applicable so i'll jus ask ..

person whos lookin for it has an Eircom line , but i dont know if it can get broadband on it (how can i check)

For what location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 30d1a

Spear wrote: »
    For what location?

loughlinstown , sth county dub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You can check if the line is enabled for broadband on www.eircom.ie.

It's a bit hard to direct link to the page so just type "Can you get eircom broadband" in the search box on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

30d1a wrote: »
    Define cheap ;)

Are you looking at sub 20 euro a month, or more like 40-50 a month? They're all pretty much the same I think. BT bundle the line rental with broadband which can save you about 10 euro a month.
    There are line checkers on most ISPs webpages. eircom's website is a bit of a bitch to navigate and find things so try this link. It's all the same as everyone uses eircom's result.
    Also check the line on Smart Telecom website to see if that's available.
    Breeze may then be available. It's supposedly a good product now, no cap and has the best upload speed you're likely to get on a residential broadband.
    No. Just no. Don't even consider it.
    You'd have to check with NTL if broadband is available. There have been lots of people having issues with NTL this year though so it's not one I'd consider unless you know they've improved now.
    Yes. BT broadband is re-sold eircom, but you can choose to pay line rental to BT to avail of a discount. It doesn't effect your number or anything though. I wouldn't recommend BT right now though. They're issues are well documented around here. Nothing wrong with the broadband, just every other aspect of the company.

Advertisement