Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test fails

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Does anyone have a figure (or an educated guess maybe) at the number of fails due to the car not being up to standard (no brakelights etc)

Mainlythe number that would fail at each test centre each day simply down to the car.. is it a common occurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Macca206 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a figure (or an educated guess maybe) at the number of fails due to the car not being up to standard (no brakelights etc)

Mainlythe number that would fail at each test centre each day simply down to the car.. is it a common occurance?
    That's not a 'fail' as such as the test is simply cancelled. You cant 'fail' a test that doesn't happen! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Macca206 wrote: »

Dont have a number but do know that its higher than one would think, a tester doing 8 cars a day is fairly certain to send at least 1 home because of brake lights not working, indicators not working, tax or nct or insurance not displayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    Dont have a number but do know that its higher than one would think, a tester doing 8 cars a day is fairly certain to send at least 1 home because of brake lights not working, indicators not working, tax or nct or insurance not displayed.

Thanks, I figured it would be maybe 5 or 6 per test centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Yep, it happened to me on Monday. My test was cancelled due to both my brake lights failing........only minutes after they had been checked by my driving instructor and they were fine. :mad::mad:

Advertisement