Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing - where to go???

Options
  • 12-10-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for suggestions please on 2 things.

1) Had a bad (crooked) tummy piercing done a year ago still not healed - need it removed and eventually redone - where is the best place to go?

2) Have the 18 year old daughter of an overseas friend living with us for a year who wants to get her tongue, nostril and maybe tummy button pierced. Her dad has said yes, but as I'm responsible for her I'm worried about her going to the wrong place. A niece of mine suggested Metalmorphosis, but I've been reading here that's maybe not the best plan. So if not there, to where and to whom?

Would really appreciate you suggestions as soon as you are able because I think she is hoping to get this done in the next couple of weeks so she can heal over mid-term from college. Also would appreciate any ideas on what she can expect in terms of a reaction and healing time needed for her tongue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Snakebite on middle abbey street seem to be the best.
    I go to Body Shock beside central bank. Have a look around.
    Celestial Ring too aer quite good, theyre situated in stephens green and beside the luas lines just past arnotts.

Tongue piercing - alot of swelling first week, very tender, wont be able to speak properly either. The first week is the worst, after that its all plain sailing provided she looks after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Be wary of Body Shock, I heard a story recently that suggested they're not as good as they used to be in terms of hygeine, which is a shame since I would have considered them to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I recommend Aine in the St. Stephen's Green branch of Celestial Ring, or alternatively Cheryl if Aine isn't there. Extremely clean and efficient place and both very professional and friendly girls. They'll also give you every piece of info you could possibly need on healing, aftercare, etc. and you can ring up at any time for advice if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I wouldn't suggest Metal Morphosis to anyone,
    Not a good place whatsoever

Your best bet would be either Snakebite on Abbey Street or Celestial Ring in Stephens Green. Both really hygienic and highly reputable places to get pierced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I recommend Aine in the St. Stephen's Green branch of Celestial Ring, or alternatively Cheryl if Aine isn't there. Extremely clean and efficient place and both very professional and friendly girls. They'll also give you every piece of info you could possibly need on healing, aftercare, etc. and you can ring up at any time for advice if necessary.

hmm.. .im not so sure about celestial ring anymore... if steve in snakebite is right, and, after my experiences with him, i'd be more inclined to trust him, then my nipple should never have been pierced, at least not without informing me first that getting it done at my age is potentially damaging to various tissues etc/whatever that is in there....

that said, i dont imagine that tongue, nostril and belly would be all that huge issues there, so i wouldnt be too bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

another thumbs up for celestial ring in Stephans Green. I got pierced in Metalmorphosis and it wasn't a good experience, but I guess that'll differ from person to person.

With the tongue piercing - not that it'll hurt a lot, but it'll be really awkward for a few days, with the swelling and getting used to a bit of metal in yer mouth. After that, it'll be fine :) I'd also recommend that after a few weeks, if she thinks the bar is too long, or she's playing with it lots get a shorter bar as it'll damage teeth less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'd recommend celestial ring in the green,but i've had bad experiences with the one on abbey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

definitely go to snakebite, they are very professional in there and will never let you get anything done that will not work or does not suit your body, unlike other places which will show loads of pictures of piercings that are freshly done, snakebite has a polic whereby they only take photos of the piercing after it has healed. The guys in there are super friendly too and will give you loads of info about aftercare, they also encourage you to come in for "check-ups" every so often free of charge. And theyre pretty reasonable price-wise and give a 10% student discount!

Advertisement