Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny Advertiser

• 12-10-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

Not been here that long but I have a question regarding the Kilkenny Advertiser free paper.

Why does it have a big busines section in the middle about Galway ?

I was delighted when I saw a job I liked the look of and it was in blummin Galway. All of the jobs on the page were.

Galway, not exactly close to KK is it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Hmmmm good question that!
    I believe it has a sister paper 'The Galway Advertiser'.
    So I wonder if that paper has Kilkenny ads in it? (Probably not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

When I was househunting during the summer, it was all Galway properties in it too. I reckon cos not many KK business are advertising in it, whereas the Galway Advertiser is very well established there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

They're all belong to the one company. I've read the Athlone Advertiser in my time and its like deja vu. I can see why they'd advertise Galway property in the Athlone one seeing as it's only an hour down the road. Maybe it's as easy to leave the Galway stuff in the Kilkenny one than to redesign it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think its all about ad revenue. They can tell customers that your ad will be seen by so many thousand readers because it gets put an all editions of the paper rather than just your local one.

Advertisement