Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Solution

Options
  • 12-10-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Right... very simple requirements - is there a solution and what is it?

1. I want to access all my email from multiple computers, including my inbox, mail folders and sent items.
    2. I don't want to use web mail.

Is there a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

there is :)
    Basically all of the email protocols allow for this, however depending on the implementations of mail servers by providers, you may not be able to.
    for example, if you set up pop3 email before, maybe a gamil? You'll notice the options include "Only download new messages" , "Remove mail from server", "Save sent mail".
    Also the IMAP protocol allows you to maintain a centralised store of emails, but as I said, it may depend on what your email provider/s allow

To ensure the integrity of the emails (as in none of them go missing!), all of the computers would have to be set up with all of the same options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

IMAP would be the simplest option (all the mail stays on the server).

(just requires IMAP clients on each machine (outlook, etc, etc).

Very simple set-up, just depends on your provider, and how much storage you have in the mail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks Ian,

In Outlook and Outlook express there is a "Leave a copy of messages on the server" which I assume is equivalent to "Download new messages only". However I don't see a save sent mails option. Do you know of any email clients do allow for this?

Cheers,

Jody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Using IMAP will sync up all the mailboxes (including sent mail).

Advertisement