Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done

Options
  • 12-10-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Well done to all involved in getting this forum, it will be somewhere else for me to check in on a regular basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Yes itrs great to see a Dub 15 forum:D.Are there many of us from Clonee on here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Isn't Clonee in Meath? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Clonee here

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

zaph wrote: »
    Isn't Clonee in Meath? ;)

I thought that too? Has it moved to Dublin?

Some of it is in D.15 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I thought that too? Has it moved to Dublin?

Apparently the county line runs right through it so some is in Dublin 15. A mate of mine used to get a hard time because he used to live on the Meath side but kept claiming he was in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 26dublin

Hes right i live in hartstown in d15 and the road behind me is clonee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Up the Dub (15s)!

*grabs coat and runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

zaph wrote: »
    Apparently the county line runs right through it so some is in Dublin 15. A mate of mine used to get a hard time because he used to live on the Meath side but kept claiming he was in Dublin.

I understand what you mean, Leixlip is the same.

Yeah I used to live in Hartstown for a long time and my ex lived on that road that faced Clonee ! Even though it was about 2 miles from Clonee village.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Can't believe this debate is still going on.... reminds me of when I first moved here almost 10 years ago of the drunk arguments I'd have with taxi drivers when I'd try to convince them I was living in Dublin 15. :D

Clonee is in Meath. All of it, it's all in Meath! The problem is that people - including myself - refer to the housing estates (collectively known as Castaheany) as Clonee, as nobody knows where the hell Castaheany (or Littlepace) etc. is.

All of the estates of Castaheany (like Deerhaven, Hunters Run, Bramblefields, Littlepace, Hazelbury, etc.) are in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

PauloMN wrote: »
    Can't believe this debate is still going on.... reminds me of when I first moved here almost 10 years ago of the drunk arguments I'd have with taxi drivers when I'd try to convince them I was living in Dublin 15. :D

Clonee is in Meath. All of it, it's all in Meath! The problem is that people - including myself - refer to the housing estates (collectively known as Castaheany) as Clonee, as nobody knows where the hell Castaheany (or Littlepace) etc. is.

All of the estates of Castaheany (like Deerhaven, Hunters Run, Bramblefields, Littlepace, Hazelbury, etc.) are in Dublin 15.

Yeah our adress is Castaheny,but we always say Clonee,its just easier,as people dont have a clue were I do be talking about.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone else form Carpenterstown/Laurel Lodge area? Great to see the forum up and off to a flying start

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

PauloMN wrote: »

Correct & Right!
    Have lived in D.15 (Beside clonsilla railway station) for nearly 30 years, Clonee is Co. Meath and literally starts at the edge of the village itself, the entire housing area as outlined in your post is D.15, a mate who works in An Post confirmed this to me years ago.

A Castaheany man myself now, constantly explaining i live between Clonsilla & Clonee after recieving the inevitable 'Where the hell is Castaheany?' look!

However for some reason some companies (NTL for eg) list the whole area of Castaheany as Clonee!! Even when i gave them my full address at the outset they changed my billing address to Clonee :rolleyes:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement